Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    BamaNation All-American CoastGhost's Avatar
    My Mood
    Cheerful on TideFans.com

Re: Bama Hammer blog: Is a Loss to Georgia The End of an Era?

Quote Originally Posted by DCETP View Post
    The season suddenly seems so mythical... hope this labor doesn't require being half-immortal as Hercules was!
    Are you suggesting CNS is half mortal?

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation First Team dadleyblane5's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Very original....lol

BamaNation All-SEC WylieTexasTider's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

No the era doesn't end with a loss. This was a reloading year and worse case, 12-2 and a top 7 ranking 99.9% of teams would die for...

Next year's team could have the most explosive group of receivers we have ever had. Black, Cooper, Bell, Norwood, White & Jones. The RB's with Yeldon, Drake and the group coming in could be better than Ingram and Trent in 2009. The Oline will be excellent with Aries, Cyrus, Steen and whoever replace Jones
    & Fluker should he go pro.

The LB's will be deep and experienced. The secondary, our weak link will have experience at SS/FS with Perry, HaHa, and Collins. CB will be in good hands with Gino & Belue . Fulton & Vinny when we go star & dime. The big boys upfront will be fine too.

My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

There may have been some that fully expected us to be in this position, in the SECCG, with a chance to play for the BCSCG. I was not one of them. I felt like we would have some fall off defensively which would have caused us to drop a couple games. But we are here. If we lose, I certainly wont feel like there is a end of an era. I think we will be better next year. If we win and then beat ND for the gold, that will be gravy, IMHO.
    "The only thing I know how to do is to keep on keeping on...." Bob Dylan

BamaNation Second Team

The Florida "era" can be directly attributed to Tebow. And they did have a heck of a run.
    Alabama has been ranked #1 in 5 consecutive years (at least partly) with 3 different QB's. That is impressive.
    I guess it is similar to when Joe Gibbs won 3 SB's with three different QB's.
    It is a testament to the program.

Interesting stuff. During my weaker moments I think that this game certainly has its watershed potential and that it could play out in a passing the torch-way as in the 2009 conference championship game. And I get the feeling we will know pretty early in this game whether or not that will be the case.

BamaNation Hall of Fame GrayTide's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tidetwin View Post
    Interesting stuff. During my weaker moments I think that this game certainly has its watershed potential and that it could play out in a passing the torch-way as in the 2009 conference championship game. And I get the feeling we will know pretty early in this game whether or not that will be the case.
    Very well said. IMO a loss today would validate my early season prediction 11-2. This was based on having to replace a boatload of very talented and experienced defensive players. A loss today in no way diminishes what this team and CNS has accomplished this year, it will simply mean we were outplayed by an equally talented team. A loss today does not signal the end of an era for CNS or the beginning of the Richt era; it means sometimes you lose.
    "My momma always said you got to put the past behind you before you can move on." Forrest Gump

"The past is never dead. It's not even past." William Faulkner

I suppose anyone can blog about anything, no matter how silly it may be.
    DISCLAIMER: I hereby reserve the right to discuss any game on the Alabama schedule I wish, at any time during the season, as I am not a part of the Crimson Tide football program. I am simply a fan who has no impact outside of the money I provide the athletic department via ticket and memorabilia purchases and the energy I can provide when I attend the games. 2009-2014, crimsonaudio

Lurch Backwater!

BamaNation Hall of Fame
    My Mood
    Mellow on TideFans.com

IMO, a loss to Georgia would ONLY signify what Nico spoke about earlier this year; he (and other seniors) wanted to ensure this was not a repeat of 2010. Although it cannot be an "exact" repeat at this point, a loss to Georgia would place Bama's 2012 campaign on a par with 2010...maybe not for exactly the same reasons, but the end result would be close to the same.
    Bama will be in the hunt every year CNS is at the helm.

Quote Originally Posted by twofbyc View Post
    IMO, a loss to Georgia would ONLY signify what Nico spoke about earlier this year; he (and other seniors) wanted to ensure this was not a repeat of 2010. Although it cannot be an "exact" repeat at this point, a loss to Georgia would place Bama's 2012 campaign on a par with 2010...maybe not for exactly the same reasons, but the end result would be close to the same.
    Bama will be in the hunt every year CNS is at the helm.
    AJ (if he decides to forego), almost our entire offensive line, Jessie, Nico, and Robert will be significant replacement challenges. A loss to Georgia, despite our coach, system and unmatched tradition, might lead some to think that it is our turn to tromp around in the wilderness for a season or two.

Suspended
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

I see the theme a little harsh and finite which is typical of today's media. We are experiencing something totally new to Alabama football, the unpredictability of underclassman leaving for the draft and the effect it can have with depth.

BamaNation Hall of Fame
    My Mood
    Mellow on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Tidetwin View Post
    AJ (if he decides to forego), almost our entire offensive line, Jessie, Nico, and Robert will be significant replacement challenges. A loss to Georgia, despite our coach, system and unmatched tradition, might lead some to think that it is our turn to tromp around in the wilderness for a season or two.
    People will think what they want (and FTR, 60% isn't "almost all" ) - CK and Steen will be back, I'm pretty sure. Ivory will take over from Jessie, Nico has been a perennial underachiever (up to this year), and talent behind RL is impressive - any leadership there at all and Bama's secondary will be better next year.
    Who was qb when CNS won his NC at whoville? I don't think AJ will be a first round pick unless he has an unbelievable SECCG and BCSCG, and Bama wins both. "Good" numbers in either won't put him in first round, he has to be off the charts good. I disagree with that sentiment, but for some reason he's not gettin the love from pro scouts that he should. That could change.
    I'm gonna go on the record and say that bama will NOT lose 3 games in a season again under CNS (or not more than once more), and he will finish 50% of his remaining years at Bama with less than 2 losses. How's that?

Where ever there's BBQ, Crawfish & Football
    My Mood
    Cheerful on TideFans.com

I just don't see AJ going pro. He would benefit sooooo much more from a draft status standpoint to stay for his senior year.
    The existence of God isn't determined in the thoughts of man. God exist, no matter what man thinks.

"It cost a lot of money to look this cheap."-Dolly Parton.

"If you ever want to know how good your barbecue is start charging for it"-Myron Mixon