Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    BamaNation First Team Huckleberry's Avatar
    My Mood
    Tired on TideFans.com

Big A Unable to come to SECCG because my dear wife broke her leg

I just had to put it into writing. She was a good sport and offered to let me use her ticket and invite a friend, but I simply couldn't leave her behind. It wouldn't have been fair (and I probably would have been in big trouble). We had such a good time together at the Georgia Dome watching the Tide beat the Gators the last time Alabama played this game in Atlanta that I didn't think I would have been able to enjoy this year's contest without her by my side. Win or lose, it's always more fun when she's at the game with me. Seeing and hearing live reports from friends and media today has tested my resolve, but I've taken a deep breath each time evil regret has tried to enter my thoughts. Knowing our tickets will be put to good use by two other Bama fans helps to ease the pain a little.

We'll be watching the game on TV -- her with a surgically-repaired ankle and me trying to decide whether a January trip to Miami is somehow feasible. I'd sure appreciate it if a few of you would yell "Rammer Jammer" a little louder tomorrow after we whoop the Bulldogs. We'll be shouting it from our home in Florida and being able to live vicariously just a bit through our fellow Crimson Tide fans will make it that much sweeter. I'll close my eyes, scream my throat raw (thereby hopefully aggravating our Gator neighbors who think they should be playing for the BCS title next month instead of us), and pretend I'm cheering my alma mater's latest SEC championship with 35,000 or so of my closest friends.

Thank goodness for Coach Saban and a fine group of players who'll do their best to make another trip to the SECCG in December of 2013 (and many years to come). I can't wait to join all of you there next year. Roll Tide Roll!

2. Advertisement

Re: Unable to come to SECCG because my dear wife broke her leg

Sorry to hear, but you're a good man for staying with your wife through this.
    DISCLAIMER: I hereby reserve the right to discuss any game on the Alabama schedule I wish, at any time during the season, as I am not a part of the Crimson Tide football program. I am simply a fan who has no impact outside of the money I provide the athletic department via ticket and memorabilia purchases and the energy I can provide when I attend the games. 2009-2014, crimsonaudio

Lurch Backwater!

BamaNation Hall of Fame Jessica4Bama's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

You're a good husband...

Roll Tide!
    So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal. - 2 Corinthians 4:18

Huckleberry -- you're a good man (and a supportive hubby). Sorry to hear about your wife's mishap.

My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Unable to come to SECCG because my dear wife broke her leg

Huck, you should've thrown the old gal her crutches and dosed her up real good on her LorTab and taken her with you!

Roll Tide!
    "Sometimes the juice is worth the squeeze." - Marcus Luttrell, 'Service - A Navy SEAL at War'

My wife would have encouraged me very heavily to go ahead and attend the game..... It wasn`t because she was a good wife though.... It would have given her an opening to see her boyfriend..... That is the reason she is my ex wife now!!!!! Seems like y`all have something special...... Y`all enjoy the game together, ya hear!!!!
    I have but one life to give to my country, and I give it to The Crimson Tide

BamaNation First Team Huckleberry's Avatar
    My Mood
    Tired on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by SavannahDare View Post
    Huck, you should've thrown the old gal her crutches and dosed her up real good on her LorTab and taken her with you!

Roll Tide!
    Oh, Savannah, that sounds like a good idea, but have you ever seen one of those nature shows where they have to tranquilize a wild tiger? Ever notice how everyone scrambles when the tiger starts to regain conciousness? Imagine that scenario in the Georgia Dome or (God forbid) in my car. I'd have to keep her sedated forever.

BamaNation All-American BAMA1979's Avatar
    Good luck to her. Same thing happened to me last year. She will come back well from it. RTR

BamaNation All-American 230kv_barehand's Avatar
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

I would have left my barner wife in a minute.

BamaNation All-American CoastGhost's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonaudio View Post
    Sorry to hear, but you're a good man for staying with your wife through this.
    A better man than me!

My Mood
    Buzzed on TideFans.com

Yo Huck - Sorry to hear of the little lady's mishap. You're a good guy to stand by her in her time of need!

Also to give your tickets to a couple other Tide Fans - good vibes there....paying it forward!

I will be yelling Rammer Jammer tomorrow as well....can't wait to see those Dawgs put in their place!

Take care...woof!

BamaNation All-American PacadermaTideUs's Avatar
    My Mood
    Fine on TideFans.com

Dude, you should have just put out a big bowl of water and a case of pizza rolls. Just kidding - good on ya'.

BamaNation First Team dadleyblane5's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by SavannahDare View Post

Roll Tide!
    lmbo!....