Unable to come to SECCG because my dear wife broke her leg

Huckleberry

All-American
Nov 9, 2004
Jacksonville, FL
I just had to put it into writing. She was a good sport and offered to let me use her ticket and invite a friend, but I simply couldn't leave her behind. It wouldn't have been fair (and I probably would have been in big trouble). We had such a good time together at the Georgia Dome watching the Tide beat the Gators the last time Alabama played this game in Atlanta that I didn't think I would have been able to enjoy this year's contest without her by my side. Win or lose, it's always more fun when she's at the game with me. Seeing and hearing live reports from friends and media today has tested my resolve, but I've taken a deep breath each time evil regret has tried to enter my thoughts. Knowing our tickets will be put to good use by two other Bama fans helps to ease the pain a little.

We'll be watching the game on TV -- her with a surgically-repaired ankle and me trying to decide whether a January trip to Miami is somehow feasible. I'd sure appreciate it if a few of you would yell "Rammer Jammer" a little louder tomorrow after we whoop the Bulldogs. We'll be shouting it from our home in Florida and being able to live vicariously just a bit through our fellow Crimson Tide fans will make it that much sweeter. I'll close my eyes, scream my throat raw (thereby hopefully aggravating our Gator neighbors who think they should be playing for the BCS title next month instead of us), and pretend I'm cheering my alma mater's latest SEC championship with 35,000 or so of my closest friends.

Thank goodness for Coach Saban and a fine group of players who'll do their best to make another trip to the SECCG in December of 2013 (and many years to come). I can't wait to join all of you there next year. Roll Tide Roll!

CrimsonForever1

3rd Team
Aug 22, 2012
My wife would have encouraged me very heavily to go ahead and attend the game..... It wasn`t because she was a good wife though.... It would have given her an opening to see her boyfriend..... That is the reason she is my ex wife now!!!!! Seems like y`all have something special...... Y`all enjoy the game together, ya hear!!!!

Huckleberry

All-American
Nov 9, 2004
Jacksonville, FL
Huck, you should've thrown the old gal her crutches and dosed her up real good on her LorTab and taken her with you! ;)

Roll Tide!
Oh, Savannah, that sounds like a good idea, but have you ever seen one of those nature shows where they have to tranquilize a wild tiger? Ever notice how everyone scrambles when the tiger starts to regain conciousness? Imagine that scenario in the Georgia Dome or (God forbid) in my car. I'd have to keep her sedated forever.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Yo Huck - Sorry to hear of the little lady's mishap. You're a good guy to stand by her in her time of need! :)

Also to give your tickets to a couple other Tide Fans - good vibes there....paying it forward!

I will be yelling Rammer Jammer tomorrow as well....can't wait to see those Dawgs put in their place!

Take care...woof! :)

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
I woulda left my Aggie ... wife behind and went to the game She wouldn't of had a ticket to begin with. She could hopped around on the good leg.

capnfrog

All-American
Aug 17, 2002
Pell city, Al. U.S.A.
My gal broke her collar bone a month ago and I been having to wash clothes and hang them out and getting them in and folding them up and putting them up and then it's time to cook or wash dishes or sweep and I'm thinking she's somewhat playing possum but she done it for me and the kids for 32 years so I guess I can make another week of it but I can see by looking in my buddies eyes they think I done got soft. She does sit and watch an Alabama football game with me so I'm satisfied.

bamanut_aj

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2000
Spring Hill, TN
You're a good man. I'd have amputated my wife's foot and drug her along with me. You can always grow another foot...no guarantees BAMA and uga will play in the SECCG again.

:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SavannahDare

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Gulf Breeze, Florida
Oh, Savannah, that sounds like a good idea, but have you ever seen one of those nature shows where they have to tranquilize a wild tiger? Ever notice how everyone scrambles when the tiger starts to regain conciousness? Imagine that scenario in the Georgia Dome or (God forbid) in my car. I'd have to keep her sedated forever.
You have to just look at those things as built-in entertainment. ;)

Florida Tom

All-American
Aug 15, 2011
Tampa, FL
Huck I think this game is going to be quite a bit more special to you both in years to come.

Been married to a Bama Girl for 33 years, no way I would go without her.

Enjoy the Win today, RTR!

BFANLC

Suspended
Nov 25, 2005
In a dream world
You should have just tied her to the couch (for her safety) left a can of coke with a straw taped to her mouth and told her you had yard work to do and would be back in 4+hours. She would never know :)

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.