Happy Birthday Bo Jackson, He's 50 Today

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
OK, I realize he's one of the bad guys.

But we DID recruit him as the late Ken Donahue said. And Bo was something else altogether. He was a truly phenomenal athlete and he also overcame a stuttering problem to become a productive member of society.

I hate Auburn, but I've always loved the abilities of Bo Jackson. (Incidentally - today is also the anniversary of Van Tiffin's kick).

RTR

Alajambama

2nd Team
Jul 25, 2012
Fyffe, AL
Not only is Bo Jackson the best college athlete I ever saw play a sport, but he is pure class. His ride across Alabama helped my community personally. My son also got to shake his hand. It's too sad the only two Heisman winners my son has met personally have been Bo and Pat Sullivan (Boy Scout fundraiser).

dajbama

Scout Team
Dec 22, 2011
Happy Fitty Bo!
Bo has an AFN (Armed Forces Network) commercial this year and at the end of it he is saying goodby to everyone and ends with..."Watch your six!"
Best wishes Bo.

exiledNms

Hall of Fame
Aug 2, 2002
Hattiesburg, MS (USA)
Bo is the greatest college football player I ever saw live & in person. I was there when he went the wrong way, but I was also there when he dropped ~275 yds on us in the Iron Bowl. I also saw him flatten out a baseball in our baseball stadium. We were giving him a hard time about going toward 3rd instead 1st (etc.) after the wrong-way game, and he just crushed one. Dang near cleared the centerfield light post. And a hush fell over the crowd...*grin*

Of course, I also thoroughly enjoyed watching him make America laugh at & feel sorry for Brian Bosworth in the NFL...;)

BTW, who said 50 is old? Just wait for all these morning meds to kick in & I'll...wait, what were we talking about? :biggrin2:

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
I have to admit I was wrong about Bo. (Nearly choked saying that)

I thought he was just a 'flash in the pan' college player.
(Seen thru Crimson Glasses I guess)

In the USFL I thought he was a big fish in a little bowl.
(Same problem)

In the NFL and in Baseball, I was finally forced to acknowledge his abilities.
He was a fantastic player, even thou he went to the 'School down the road'.

Irony is that in high school, Bo's sister supposedly, was faster than him, and could out run him...
Or so the story goes.

Now my only question is: Was Bo 'The Bag Man?' Need to ask DS... ;)

CrimsonForever1

3rd Team
Aug 22, 2012
Today is my birthday also....60 years..... I can`t believe Bo got more press than me!!!!!:)..... That`s ok, my gift will come around 6:30 or 7 pm...... Roll Tide!!!!!!!

AgentAntiOrange

1st Team
Dec 30, 2009
Norman, OK
Not only was Bo one of the best athletes we've ever seen, but he has done a remarkable amount of good work for others with his life. Bo is a class act and a great humanitarian. Nothing but respect for the man.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I have to admit I was wrong about Bo. (Nearly choked saying that)

I thought he was just a 'flash in the pan' college player.
(Seen thru Crimson Glasses I guess)

In the USFL I thought he was a big fish in a little bowl.
(Same problem)

In the NFL and in Baseball, I was finally forced to acknowledge his abilities.
He was a fantastic player, even thou he went to the 'School down the road'.

Irony is that in high school, Bo's sister supposedly, was faster than him, and could out run him...
Or so the story goes.

Now my only question is: Was Bo 'The Bag Man?' Need to ask DS... ;)
Bo never played in the USFL.

Herschel did.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.