2012-13 TIDEFANS ANNUAL Yahoo Sport College Football Bowl Pick-em

StatHaldol

Scout Team
Oct 23, 2011
Lake Darbonne, Louisiana
Re: Yahoo Sport College Fotball Bowl Pick-em

Texas Tech gave me quite a scare last night. I don't remember watching a game with as many personal foul penalties!! Very little discipline on either team.

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA

This is beginning to remind me of my dog track days. I was great at picking the dogs. Terrible at betting them. SMU and Baylor come to mind here. I called the shot on SMU up at post #48 but didn't have sense enough to go with it. The only team I was more confident of winning than Bama was Baylor. Why did I have just two confidence points on them because they were the underdog.?

Last edited:

mulletover

All-SEC
Dec 1, 2009
Cullman Alabama

Texas Tech gave me quite a scare last night. I don't remember watching a game with as many personal foul penalties!! Very little discipline on either team.
I know. When the game was over Minnesota Players were throwing their helmets and walking away leaving them on the field. Very tacky! Wasn't there a Texas Tech player ejected for throwing a punch? I believe behavior like this gets amplified when a team's being led by an interim coach. Bowl season is becoming more and more exibition like. Many teams are playing without their head coaches, little motivation, and without key players who simply quit on the team after they fell short of their regular season goals. It's no wonder Bowl attendance is down and some schools elect to stay at home and not play in the Bowl Game all together.

StatHaldol

Scout Team
Oct 23, 2011
Lake Darbonne, Louisiana

I know. When the game was over Minnesota Players were throwing their helmets and walking away leaving them on the field. Very tacky! Wasn't there a Texas Tech player ejected for throwing a punch? I believe behavior like this gets amplified when a team's being led by an interim coach. Bowl season is becoming more and more exibition like. Many teams are playing without their head coaches, little motivation, and without key players who simply quit on the team after they fell short of their regular season goals. It's no wonder Bowl attendance is down and some schools elect to stay at home and not play in the Bowl Game all together.
Yes, it almost cost TT the game. A TT player got a personal foul and was ejected from the game. It went from 4th and goal on the half yard line to 4th and goal from the 15.

mulletover

All-SEC
Dec 1, 2009
Cullman Alabama

Yes, it almost cost TT the game. A TT player got a personal foul and was ejected from the game. It went from 4th and goal on the half yard line to 4th and goal from the 15.
Right, then they incompleted a pass and had like a 30 yd field goal get nullified due to a false start then on the re-attempt it was blocked. Penalty after penalty almost cost them that game. It was difficult to watch at times. I sure am glad TT won because I had 34 points riding on them to win.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
LSU confidence points killed men! Another reason to hate Les!!!:rolleyes:
The who's and USC were my downfall...no shot with them losing. Did well at the bottom (go figure), so far well at the top and horrible in between. This was fun, hope to do it again next year. I might have missed it if it was on this season, but doing this during the regular season (minus confidence points) would be great too.
And early congrats to the winners.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.