BCS or Toilet Bowl - Lets send Georgia to Shreveport.

CapstoneTider

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
With 6 SEC teams in the top 10, the loser of this years SECCG will make an unprecedented tumble down the Bowls, a bypass of the 2nd tier games......the Cotton and Capital One (Old Citrus) and wind up in the 3rd tier. The number #2 or #3 team will get hosed with a loss.

I still believe Alabama is more attractive at 10-2 than Georgia. Georgia could wind up in the old Peach Bowl, Bama maybe the Outback?

Regardless, it's all or nothing in this one. Lets send Georgia to the Independence Bowl with a beat down.

BamaGreek

All-American
Jan 6, 2007
Brentwood, TN
Re: BCS or Toilet Bowl - Lets send Georgia to Shrevport.

I saw somewhere a day or so ago that Texas AM had already received an invite from the Capital One Bowl.

CapstoneTider

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000

I saw somewhere a day or so ago that Texas AM had already received an invite from the Capital One Bowl.
Exactly. The loser of this game(Georgia) will drop below 3 other SEC teams, which makes a total of 4.

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA

Cotton would grab Bama. UGA WILL fall to the Outback or Chick-Fil-A.:smile: LSU WILL be in the Cotton.

Last edited:

CapstoneTider

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000

Cotton would grab Bama. UGA WILL fall to the Outback or Chick-Fil-A.:smile: LSU WILL be in the Cotton.
My thoughts are similar. According to payouts, the Cotton and Capitol One are the two 2nd tier games, the Outback and the Chicken Sandwich Bowl are next

After Florida to the BSC Bowl, Bama beating and Heisman Winning aTm will be the next pick and go to the Capitol One Bowl. This is where Bama and Georgia differ.

Georgia loss

Sugar - Florida
Capital One- aTm
Cotton - LSU
Outback - SC
Chick-fil-A - Georgia

Bama Loss

Sugar - Florida
Capital One- aTm
Cotton - Alabama
Outback - LSU
Chick-fil-A - Georgia
Gator - South Carolina
Music City - Miss State

Jack Bourbon

Hall of Fame
Aug 3, 2001
Miami FL

Talk that smack while you still can, lol. UGA has 6 more hours of dominance.

uaintn

All-American
Aug 2, 2000
franklin, tennessee, usa

Cotton doesn't want Bama cause we've already been to Dallas this year. We need to win this game. The tie in "system" is going to cause some awful, blowout, lightly attended, over by half time bowl games this year....

Poor Vandy wins 8 games, going to a bowl for the second year in a row, and will never have left the state. This year they won't even leave town.... Kent State is going to sneak up the ladder and probably get mauled by some one. After losing today, UGA is going to end up in a bowl their fans don't want to attend with little incentive to prepare and play.

BamaFlum

Hall of Fame
Dec 11, 2002
S.A., TX, USA
Cotton doesn't want Bama cause we've already been to Dallas this year. We need to win this game. The tie in "system" is going to cause some awful, blowout, lightly attended, over by half time bowl games this year....

Poor Vandy wins 8 games, going to a bowl for the second year in a row, and will never have left the state. This year they won't even leave town.... Kent State is going to sneak up the ladder and probably get mauled by some one. After losing today, UGA is going to end up in a bowl their fans don't want to attend with little incentive to prepare and play.
Kent State lost so they are out.

RollTideMang

All-American
Oct 16, 2009
St. Louis, MO

Poor Vandy wins 8 games, going to a bowl for the second year in a row, and will never have left the state. This year they won't even leave town...
I don't know if I'd say "Poor Vandy". With the amount of money that can be saved on gas and lodging arrangements, I'm sure there will be more Vandy fans in attendance than if they had to travel outside of Nashville. I don't think I would mind it if Bama could play all of their bowl games in Tuscaloosa every year.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.