Petrino is on Southern Miss' short list

gwilliams

1st Team
Aug 29, 2011
A place like Southern Miss might br perfect for BP. Winning would be much easier in Conf USA or MAC type places. He could win 6-8/yeard and be a hero.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Btw- I am in agreement that the pressure would be relieved. But I suspect BP is going to get offers from places that can offer him more cash.

exiledNms

Hall of Fame
Aug 2, 2002
Hattiesburg, MS (USA)
I've heard that around town as well. Ellis has them so beat down this year that most anything/anyone would be a significant improvement. Just imagine this single-season swing: from 12-2 to 0-12. 24 game difference. Incredible! Related aside: consider these--Ellis' OC was a HS coach last year; the S/C coach was...wait for it...in real estate for a number of years immediately prior. So, yeah, a semi-competent coach--which Petrino is more than!--will be a huge improvement.

Semi-related factoid: USM recently agreed to move next year's Nebraska to Nebraska, thereby pumping some badly needed $$ into the athletic dept.

Interesting times around here...

trenda

Hall of Fame
May 17, 2000
Hendersonville, TN USA
Haw!

Seriously, here's a screenshot from their coaching Hot Board:

Of course, the best thing you might learn from that is Bobby has a brother named Bobby.

"This is my brother Bobby, and this is my other brother Bobby."

:biggrin2:
Awesome. The other nugget I got was seeing that Cignetti has his team in the playoffs. Hadn't kept up with him; but glad to see he's doing well.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Not really related to the discussion, but IF, I said IF, I had to live in MS it would probably be in Hattiesburg. Real nice town.

CapstoneTider

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
Auburn may not want him. I know that Jacobs doesn't, and if he has any power they will go elsewhere.

Petrino may get the just punishment for his crimes against morality. Which is clawing his way back up the ranks instead of being handed another 3 million a year job. Everyone is assuming he will get a big time job, but that may not be the case as he did lie to his athletic director. I do know the longer he stays out of coaching the harder it will be landing a job that pays like an Auburn.

I still believe Malzahn would be a good choice :) His wife being a nut case will have no bearing with Jacobs. She is a nutcase, but a Christian one.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.