Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 53 to 65 of 67

Thread: ESPN Gameday...

  1. #53
    BamaNation First Team Rush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    992
    My Mood
    Happy on TideFans.com

    Re: ESPN Gameday...

    Quote Originally Posted by selmaborntidefan View Post
    I won't get to see it (at work as always).

    Please tell me who the B1G flop as a head coach picks. (I really wish he'd just put a donkey head on - truth in advertising).
    Will you at least get to listen, or monitor the score?

  2. Advertisement
  3. #54
    BamaNation All-SEC
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Charlotte NC
    Posts
    1,139

    Re: ESPN Gameday...

    My favorite game day sign -- "Please don't kill our Trees"

  4. #55
    BamaNation Hall of Fame selmaborntidefan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2000
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    7,797
    My Mood
    Bookworm on TideFans.com

    Re: ESPN Gameday...

    Quote Originally Posted by Rush View Post
    Will you at least get to listen, or monitor the score?
    Wasn't clear - I was referring to Corso's pick but based on words I"m guessing he picked us.

    Actually, there's a TV in the break room about 20 feet from me. Will have GameCast and TideFans on to keep up - I SERIOUSLY hope the hospital gets shall we say "less busy" this afternoon than we've been this morning. Haven't seen a morning this busy in six months.

    RTR
    :13

  5. #56
    Senior Administrator TIDE-HSV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 1999
    Location
    Huntsville, AL,USA
    Posts
    43,219
    Thread Starter

    Re: ESPN Gameday...

    Quote Originally Posted by selmaborntidefan View Post
    Wasn't clear - I was referring to Corso's pick but based on words I"m guessing he picked us.

    Actually, there's a TV in the break room about 20 feet from me. Will have GameCast and TideFans on to keep up - I SERIOUSLY hope the hospital gets shall we say "less busy" this afternoon than we've been this morning. Haven't seen a morning this busy in six months.

    RTR
    The moon is full...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

    'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

    I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

  6. #57
    BamaNation All-American Bazza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New Smyrna Beach, Florida
    Posts
    4,259
    My Mood
    Buzzed on TideFans.com

    Re: ESPN Gameday...

    Quote Originally Posted by 92tide View Post
    who is calling the game today? do we get gary and verne again?
    I know we've all had our moments when we were absolutely livid when these guys said certain comments that we didn't approve of....but as has been pointed out many times before.....Danielson is one of the very best as an analyst. I do enjoy how quickly he provides commentary on how a play is executed...why they ran it...why it did or did not work.

    Verne now....hmmmmmm......

  7. #58
    BamaNation Hall of Fame 92tide's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Atlanta, Ga, USA
    Posts
    15,031

    Re: ESPN Gameday...

    Quote Originally Posted by Bazza View Post
    I know we've all had our moments when we were absolutely livid when these guys said certain comments that we didn't approve of....but as has been pointed out many times before.....Danielson is one of the very best as an analyst. I do enjoy how quickly he provides commentary on how a play is executed...why they ran it...why it did or did not work.

    Verne now....hmmmmmm......
    yeah, i agree about gary. they just get tedious when we have a bad series or set of plays on o or d
    Hail Mary, Full of Grace, Notre Dame in Second Place, with a made up girlfriend

    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.

    -Bertrand Russell

    If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they dont have to worry about the answers.

    Thomas Pynchon

  8. #59
    BamaNation All-American Bazza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New Smyrna Beach, Florida
    Posts
    4,259
    My Mood
    Buzzed on TideFans.com

    Re: ESPN Gameday...

    Quote Originally Posted by 92tide View Post
    yeah, i agree about gary. they just get tedious when we have a bad series or set of plays on o or d
    I agree...but I have a feeling that won't happen today!

  9. #60
    BamaNation All-American sanjosecrimson's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    San Jose, California
    Posts
    3,452
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

    Re: ESPN Gameday...

    Quote Originally Posted by WMack4Bama View Post
    Copy & paste from my post in the pre-game thread


    OK..So everybody picked Bama to win on ESPN.

    Desmond Howard, who said that TJ Yeldon runs through more players than the Kardashians

    David Pollack, said his heart was with UGA, but his head said Bama. So he picked Bama.

    Guest picker, Matt Ryan, said that he had to give a hat tip to Julio and picked Bama. Topped it off with a Roll Tide.

    Herbie said he thought UGA would play tough for 3 1/2 qtrs, but Bama would pull it off in the end.

    Corso said he wanted a live animal. Said he wanted to get an elephant, but it would've cost $10K. Wanted Uga, but he was too ugly. Put on the Big Al head gear.

    So....For anyone still thinking that we don't get enough respect, there's a clean sweep for you.

    so let me get this straight, ESPN all picked Bama, BUT CBS all picked UGA.

    so in other words, nobody knows what they are talking about.

  10. #61
    BamaNation Hall of Fame selmaborntidefan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2000
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    7,797
    My Mood
    Bookworm on TideFans.com

    Re: ESPN Gameday...

    Quote Originally Posted by sanjosecrimson View Post
    so let me get this straight, ESPN all picked Bama, BUT CBS all picked UGA.

    so in other words, nobody knows what they are talking about.
    No, not everyone at CBS picked UGA. Dodd picked us but by less than 7. Feldman picked us. Brando picked UGA.
    :13

  11. #62
    BamaNation All-SEC Bamafan P.T.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Tuscaloosa
    Posts
    1,117

    Re: ESPN Gameday...

    Hope we get a few picks from Clinton-Dix ha ha, err, Clinton ha ha Dix,

  12. #63
    BamaNation Hall of Fame 92tide's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Atlanta, Ga, USA
    Posts
    15,031

    Re: ESPN Gameday...

    well crazy grandpa lou explained that georgia's last four games (he didnt feel the need to mention they were ole miss, ga southern, auburn and ga tech) proves that they are national title contenders.
    Hail Mary, Full of Grace, Notre Dame in Second Place, with a made up girlfriend

    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.

    -Bertrand Russell

    If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they dont have to worry about the answers.

    Thomas Pynchon

  13. #64
    BamaNation Hall of Fame selmaborntidefan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2000
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    7,797
    My Mood
    Bookworm on TideFans.com

    Re: ESPN Gameday...

    Quote Originally Posted by 92tide View Post
    well crazy grandpa lou explained that georgia's last four games (he didnt feel the need to mention they were ole miss, ga southern, auburn and ga tech) proves that they are national title contenders.
    LAST FOUR GAMES ALABAMA:

    vs LSU (435 yards, 17 points)
    vs aTm (418 yards, 29 points)
    vs WCU (163 yards, 0 points)
    vs Aub (163 yards, 0 points)

    TOTALS: (1,176 yards, 46 points)



    LAST FOUR GAMES GEORGIA:
    Ole Miss (234 yards, 10 points)
    Auburn (238 yards, 0 points)
    Ga Sou (318 yards, 14 points)
    Ga Tech (426 yards, 10 points)

    TOTALS: (1,216 yards, 34 points)


    How does this make Georgia that much better? Sure, we gave up 12 more points - we also played TWO TEAMS that were tougher than ANY OF THOSE FOUR, and one was on the road. Three of those UGA games were at home and the other was at an empty Auburn stadium.


    They still gave up more yards despite playing worse teams (LSU's 30.3 PPG is basically the same as Ole Miss 30.9).

    How does this constitute them being any better? They basically have the same stats in HOME GAMES against MUCH WEAKER teams.
    :13

  14. #65
    BamaNation First Team RollinTider1335's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Spring Hill, TN
    Posts
    481
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

    ESPN Gameday...

    Quote Originally Posted by TrueGritnPluck View Post
    Abandon hope, all ye that enter here................


Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
'Gear UP! Get your University of Alabama Crimson Tide National Championship & Football Dynasty Gear!