Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

One game away from a chance to make History!

I am sure others have sat down and thought about this already. Those of you who have not should. Guys we are one game away from making a mark in History that could rewrite the games greatest team, coach and era. With a 1pt win over UGA we will have the opportunity to etch Bama's name even deeper into the minds of college fans for decades to come.

Not only would we have the opportunity to be the first team to win back to back BCS championships we would have won 3 out of 4, we would have the first coach since the Bear to have 4 titles, the first starting QB to have two titles and a chance for a 3rd as a starter and 4 while in college. Did I even mention we would get to achieve all of this against our one true biggest nemesis ever?

I am sure there would be many more firsts that I have not even thought about.

RTR

Getter done!

2. Advertisement

Re: One game away from a chance to make History!

Quote Originally Posted by Bamapepper73 View Post
    I am sure others have sat down and thought about this already. Those of you who have not should. Guys we are one game away from making a mark in History that could rewrite the games greatest team, coach and era. With a 1pt win over UGA we will have the opportunity to etch Bama's name even deeper into the minds of college fans for decades to come.

Not only would we have the opportunity to be the first team to win back to back BCS championships we would have won 3 out of 4, we would have the first coach since the Bear to have 4 titles, the first starting QB to have two titles and a chance for a 3rd as a starter and 4 while in college. Did I even mention we would get to achieve all of this against our one true biggest nemesis ever?

RTR

Getter done!
    Big stakes...no doubt!!!

Hope we can do it for the ole timers for sure who had their dreams crushed by ND so many times.

But gotta get by these Dawgs first!

BamaNation Hall of Fame selmaborntidefan's Avatar
    My Mood
    Depressed on TideFans.com

If we win out this year, I expect many of our fans here will update their wills and be prepared to go in peace. I don't say that to be disrespectful to anyone. But Notre Dame is the one anxiety some of us have left (and I'm not even that old). I KNOW it hurts the generation preceding me to a degree still.

When we lost to the Barn in 2010, that was the lowest for some of the newest fans - but we got very quick and sweet revenge. We've been waiting over 45 years to pay Notre Dame back.
    I'll always look back as I walk away
    This memory will last for eternity
    And all of our tears will be lost in the rain
    Til I find my way back to your arms again
    But until that day you know you are
    The queen of my heart

BamaNation First Team Huckleberry's Avatar
    My Mood
    Tired on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by selmaborntidefan View Post
    If we win out this year, I expect many of our fans here will update their wills and be prepared to go in peace. I don't say that to be disrespectful to anyone. But Notre Dame is the one anxiety some of us have left (and I'm not even that old). I KNOW it hurts the generation preceding me to a degree still.

When we lost to the Barn in 2010, that was the lowest for some of the newest fans - but we got very quick and sweet revenge. We've been waiting over 45 years to pay Notre Dame back.
    Speaking as a relatively old person (I was a freshman during Coach Bryant's last year), I was not even a decade old when the infamous Sugar Bowl was played. However, I remember how badly it hurt then and still feel the pain to this day. In 1986, I sat at Legion Field and watched with immense satisfaction as Biscuit's famous sack of Beuerlein helped Bama defeat Notre Dame. That was wonderful and I still love to think about it, but it doesn't ease the emotional scars of that loss to Notre Dame more than a decade earlier.
    Now it's been almost 40 years since that Sugar Bowl. I think that beating the Irish for the BCS title would help put a lot of ghosts to rest. It's hard to say how badly I want Alabama to play and break Notre Dame's heart in Miami. I'm positive all Alabama fans would love to beat them for the national championship, but I'm pretty sure there are a lot of folks my age and older for whom that victory would be beyond special.
    Gotta beat those Bulldogs first, though! RTR!

Amazing opportunity.

BamaNation First Team BayouBama75's Avatar
    My Mood
    Pensive on TideFans.com

I was a soph in 73 and that was a very good Bama team that lost to the Irish We did win the UPI National Championship (later became USA Today and now Coaches poll) that year but not the AP. after that year they changed the rules and started naming their champion after the bowl game. The fact that they did it to us again in 1794 made it very painful. I really hope we get the chance to get some revenge this year

BamaNation First Team

RTR

Getter done!

We gotta do it. Been waiting to play ND again for title since childhood.

Bama-Notre Dame for the National championship will be one for the ages IF it happens. I believe the ND defense is as good as advertised.
    We owe ND big time...for '66, '73, '74, '77.
    Bama 870-314-44 72.6% On the field

23 SEC CHAMPIONSHIPS

BamaNation First Team RollinTider1335's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

One game away from a chance to make History!

RTR

Getter done!
    Great times and very exciting. As long as our players focus on the job at hand and not the result we will be good.

Roll Tide!

Quote Originally Posted by GP for Bama View Post
    Bama-Notre Dame for the National championship will be one for the ages IF it happens. I believe the ND defense is as good as advertised.
    We owe ND big time...for '66, '73, '74, '77.
    The years that you have listed round out Alabama's narrative about Notre Dame. Everybody tends to focus on '73, but the truth is that we have lost 4 national championships to Notre Dame: two legitimately on the field and two wrongly in the polls, '66 and '77.

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

77,It still stings to this day
    His eyes were piercing,ablaze with an intensity that Jacod had never seen before. He didn't know whether to flee or simply thank God this man was fighting on his side

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Old enough to remember the pains of those lost championships. Would love to kick some notredamn behind fof the championship this year.
    But fi9rst take care of Ga.

I have been waiting to play Notre Dame again since 1987. I have never gotten over that terrible loss.
    When my grandma left this life, I didn't say bye. I said see you later.

RIP, Grandma. Forever in my heart.
    01/04/1926-08/11/2012

My generous employer gives us 104 vacation days a year. They are called Saturday and Sunday.