One game away from a chance to make History!

Skeeterpop

Hall of Fame
Jul 18, 2008
I am sure others have sat down and thought about this already. Those of you who have not should. Guys we are one game away from making a mark in History that could rewrite the games greatest team, coach and era. With a 1pt win over UGA we will have the opportunity to etch Bama's name even deeper into the minds of college fans for decades to come.

Not only would we have the opportunity to be the first team to win back to back BCS championships we would have won 3 out of 4, we would have the first coach since the Bear to have 4 titles, the first starting QB to have two titles and a chance for a 3rd as a starter and 4 while in college. Did I even mention we would get to achieve all of this against our one true biggest nemesis ever?

I am sure there would be many more firsts that I have not even thought about.

RTR

Getter done!

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I am sure others have sat down and thought about this already. Those of you who have not should. Guys we are one game away from making a mark in History that could rewrite the games greatest team, coach and era. With a 1pt win over UGA we will have the opportunity to etch Bama's name even deeper into the minds of college fans for decades to come.

Not only would we have the opportunity to be the first team to win back to back BCS championships we would have won 3 out of 4, we would have the first coach since the Bear to have 4 titles, the first starting QB to have two titles and a chance for a 3rd as a starter and 4 while in college. Did I even mention we would get to achieve all of this against our one true biggest nemesis ever?

RTR

Getter done!
Big stakes...no doubt!!!

Hope we can do it for the ole timers for sure who had their dreams crushed by ND so many times.

But gotta get by these Dawgs first!

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
If we win out this year, I expect many of our fans here will update their wills and be prepared to go in peace. I don't say that to be disrespectful to anyone. But Notre Dame is the one anxiety some of us have left (and I'm not even that old). I KNOW it hurts the generation preceding me to a degree still.

When we lost to the Barn in 2010, that was the lowest for some of the newest fans - but we got very quick and sweet revenge. We've been waiting over 45 years to pay Notre Dame back.

Huckleberry

All-American
Nov 9, 2004
Jacksonville, FL
If we win out this year, I expect many of our fans here will update their wills and be prepared to go in peace. I don't say that to be disrespectful to anyone. But Notre Dame is the one anxiety some of us have left (and I'm not even that old). I KNOW it hurts the generation preceding me to a degree still.

When we lost to the Barn in 2010, that was the lowest for some of the newest fans - but we got very quick and sweet revenge. We've been waiting over 45 years to pay Notre Dame back.
Speaking as a relatively old person (I was a freshman during Coach Bryant's last year), I was not even a decade old when the infamous Sugar Bowl was played. However, I remember how badly it hurt then and still feel the pain to this day. In 1986, I sat at Legion Field and watched with immense satisfaction as Biscuit's famous sack of Beuerlein helped Bama defeat Notre Dame. That was wonderful and I still love to think about it, but it doesn't ease the emotional scars of that loss to Notre Dame more than a decade earlier.
Now it's been almost 40 years since that Sugar Bowl. I think that beating the Irish for the BCS title would help put a lot of ghosts to rest. It's hard to say how badly I want Alabama to play and break Notre Dame's heart in Miami. I'm positive all Alabama fans would love to beat them for the national championship, but I'm pretty sure there are a lot of folks my age and older for whom that victory would be beyond special.
Gotta beat those Bulldogs first, though! RTR!

BayouBama75

All-SEC
Dec 7, 2001
Knoxville, TN
I was a soph in 73 and that was a very good Bama team that lost to the Irish We did win the UPI National Championship (later became USA Today and now Coaches poll) that year but not the AP. after that year they changed the rules and started naming their champion after the bowl game. The fact that they did it to us again in 1794 made it very painful. I really hope we get the chance to get some revenge this year

Bama1985

1st Team
Jan 18, 2006
Calhoun County

RTR

Getter done!

We gotta do it. Been waiting to play ND again for title since childhood.

GP for Bama

All-American
Feb 3, 2011
Bama-Notre Dame for the National championship will be one for the ages IF it happens. I believe the ND defense is as good as advertised.
We owe ND big time...for '66, '73, '74, '77.

RollinTider1335

All-SEC
Jun 12, 2010
Spring Hill, TN

RTR

Getter done!
Great times and very exciting. As long as our players focus on the job at hand and not the result we will be good.

Roll Tide!

Quicksilver

1st Team
Mar 13, 2010
Ellicott City, MD
Bama-Notre Dame for the National championship will be one for the ages IF it happens. I believe the ND defense is as good as advertised.
We owe ND big time...for '66, '73, '74, '77.
The years that you have listed round out Alabama's narrative about Notre Dame. Everybody tends to focus on '73, but the truth is that we have lost 4 national championships to Notre Dame: two legitimately on the field and two wrongly in the polls, '66 and '77.

bama119

1st Team
Aug 4, 2001
Eufaula, Al.
Old enough to remember the pains of those lost championships. Would love to kick some notredamn behind fof the championship this year.
But fi9rst take care of Ga.

We_are_Bama

Suspended
Dec 11, 2008
I have been waiting to play Notre Dame again since 1987. I have never gotten over that terrible loss.

Quicksilver

1st Team
Mar 13, 2010
Ellicott City, MD
The scary thing - scary if you aren't an Alabama fan - is that we could very definitely beat Notre Dame on 1/7 and then, given Alabama's 2013 schedule, run the table next year and make it 3 in row. Saban would be like Alexander the Great with no worlds left to conquer.

Last edited:

ua86

1st Team
Nov 20, 2009
North Alabama
I personally remember the 73 Sugar Bowl, and while that game may be a big factor with a lot of us more "mature" fans, it will mean little to nothing to the players. I've got shoes older than the oldest player on the team. Shawn Alexander is ancient history to these guys.

I think the team is going to treat this just like another game in the "process", and between CNS's businesslike approach and OCD-like game prep, and the fact that these players have been-there-done-that, we're in pretty good shape. Not to mention the fact that the team gets to heal up from a pretty nasty stretch of physical games. Notre Dame is not going to be a pushover, but I don't think they have seen the type of 60 minute pounding this game is going to be.

Just my two cents .......

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
I'm so proud of our Boys..Not to bad of a year when this was a supposed "rebuilding" year after having all those players drafted into the NFL..Not bad at all..

califbamafan

1st Team
Nov 7, 2005
Rialto, Calif
remember the 66 season when we had the best team in the country and was denied the national championship due to politics. We owe Notre Dumd big time for that lets repay them om Jan 7

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.