****Official PostGame Thread - Bama vs. UGA in the SECCG****

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
And he's right. The 'everybody deserves a trophy' two-teams-per-conference limit is ridiculous.

Is there any doubt that UGA isn't one of the top few teams in the country?
They are a very physical team and have a lot of talent. I feel a *teensy tiny bit* better about our loss after watching this game tonight.

I don't know about the BCS bowls....seems like there's always some controversy.

I'm just thrilled the SEC will be represented by Bama in the NC against ND!

TydDFens

1st Team
Feb 5, 2011
Birmingham, AL
In the post game presser CNS also talked about taking a couple of weeks off before preparing for ND. He said too much practice leads to fatigue in players. He acted like he wasn't going to start preparing for 2 weeks himself but, I would be shocked if he didn't watch some film in these next 2 weeks.

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL
In the post game presser CNS also talked about taking a couple of weeks off before preparing for ND. He said too much practice leads to fatigue in players. He acted like he wasn't going to start preparing for 2 weeks himself but, I would be shocked if he didn't watch some film in these next 2 weeks.
I'll be shocked if he isn't watching film by tomorrow afternoon! :biggrin2:

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL
Richt is a tool.

Just asked by Tony Barnhardt what the difference in the game was and he said "the clock ran out."

Very classy....
Not one word congratulating us from richt. The difference in the game? "he ran out of clock "

Everybody says ga players don't show his attitude. I say they do. I know your crushed but come on man...
Wow Mark Richt is such a douche.
Vintage Richt...
my thoughts exactly.

I am no Mark Richt fan, but Vince Lombardi said the same thing. It's about never quitting.

Krymsonman

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
River Ridge, LA
This is just like the lsu game, mistakes by us. We could have been up big, I am not worried about giving this team a month to prepare for Nd. We know how they respond to being behind. What a team.
I know how they respond to being behind, but man, I wish they wouldn't scare me to death so much. Krymsonman

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
Yea but that was the risk for not spiking it. If you spiked it you had time to talk about the play and if it didn't work chances are it wouldn't have went the way it did and you had another shot for the win. Instead they rushed the play and it turned out bad for them.
I kinda thought this as well since maybe they would have made it clear to all of their players not to catch a tipped pass and fall down in the field of play. On the other hand, they had the possibility of running one extra throw to the end zone going the way they did when compared to some time off with a spike. Maybe 3 throws to the end zone vs 2 but it ended up only being one throw which definitely wasn't what they wanted...

DCETP

Scout Team
Sep 29, 2012
What a great game. One for the ages for sure. Even though it wasn't pretty at times, it was beautiful and I'm proud of the team for doing what it took to win this one.

Saban said right after the game that the reason we ran the ball so much was because we couldn't stop their pass rush. He clearly respects the game UGA played (and also probably wasn't entirely impressed with our team's execution). But I think it also shows that the shift we have all observed towards opening up our passing game is not just a phenomenon of Nussmeier, it's something Saban wants to do as well. This makes a lot of sense to me, since we're starting to recruit a lot better with QB's and WR's, while still pulling great RB's as well. However, it's good to see the coaches aren't afraid to pound the ball when needed to win a tough game.

The play of the game for me was Yeldon's run on 3rd and 5 to set up the final TD pass. Dude got hit with 4 yards to go, and somehow managed to slip by the tackler and a couple others, and pick up the first down. Just wanted it, and would not be denied.

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
I kinda thought this as well since maybe they would have made it clear to all of their players not to catch a tipped pass and fall down in the field of play. On the other hand, they had the possibility of running one extra throw to the end zone going the way they did when compared to some time off with a spike. Maybe 3 throws to the end zone vs 2 but it ended up only being one throw which definitely wasn't what they wanted...
Fortunately, Richt offset Saban's bad clock management at the end of the first half with his own brain fart at the end of the game.

Krymsonman

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
River Ridge, LA
They are a very physical team and have a lot of talent. I feel a *teensy tiny bit* better about our loss after watching this game tonight.

I don't know about the BCS bowls....seems like there's always some controversy.

I'm just thrilled the SEC will be represented by Bama in the NC against ND!
I know the current BCS system is on the way out, but I think all along the BCS bowls should have been able to take the best teams available, regardless of what conference they are in. It would make for much better games in a lot of those games.

And Archie Manning said it best at the end of the telecast............Alabama vs Notre Dame, it's what college football is all about. Krymsonman

100%Crimson

All-SEC
Feb 4, 2004
I think I am composed enough now to come in and say that was one great game. I have finally stopped shaking from the adrenaline rush. All I can say is roll tide roll!

Florida Tom

All-American
Aug 15, 2011
Tampa, FL
Soon as the paramedics remove the paddles & leave I will post something.

This team may not have the Most Talent but they do have the Most Heart!

The call to go for 2 was brilliant!

CNS will get the us #15. RTR

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.