****Official PostGame Thread - Bama vs. UGA in the SECCG****

DCETP

Scout Team
Sep 29, 2012
Almost forgot, I couldn't believe Murray didn't spike it on 1st and goal to give them time to pick their shots at the EZ. I guess they were trying to play hurry up, thinking Bama's D could be caught off guard if they quick snapped it. Looks like that backfired. CJ made a great play on the ball at the LOS. The receiver probably should have batted the ball down, but can't really blame him for not thinking of that in the moment. Bottom line is, our defense and offense both came through when it mattered most.

However, my nerves would like to log an official complaint against the prevent D, as well as not running right to pick up the 1st down to end the game when we had the chance.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
Incredible! Just incredible!!!!!!!

I'm also glad that I made it through this awesome game without a heart attack. I know Coach Saban's heart was ticking a little faster in the last 30 seconds.

Incredible! Just incredible!!!!!!!

Did I say this was an INCREDIBLE WIN? It was. I am so proud of the Crimson Tide for never giving up! When we were down 21 to 10, I still had faith but knew it was a mountain to climb. But Bama did it and hung on at the end!!!

Wow!!!

Roll Tide Roll!!!!!!!

Now we can hopefully get healthy!

By the way, did Notre Dame have their ENTIRE Coaching staff at the Georgia Dome?

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
It was indeed a great victory, but we are still making mistakes that we shouldn't be making. We haven't been sharp for quite some time. Fortunately, we have more talent than everyone else, but I hope we are sharp and have a physical game plan for the championship game. If we are, I think we will win. If not, Notre Dame is having one of those years where they keep getting breaks. We don't need to give them anything.
Roll Tide Roll for another SEC title, and I hope we can bring home back to back national titles.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Coach Richt was right that the clock ran out. It ran out because Bama ran the ball down UGA's throat in the second half.

It seemed to me that UGA got away with two really egregious holds on deep passes in the fourth quarter- one to their TE on the last drive and one deep down the middle before than when Jesse came from the left outside and was hauled down. Anyone else see those? It wouldn't and shouldn't have been as close as it was if those blatant holds were called.

Entertaining though. Whew!
No, those were not phantom holds. One TD was directly the result of #42 being tackled from behind by their ORT just as he was about to reach the QB. However, if you read their boards, the officials gave it to us. Of course, that's the reason they're UGA and they have their record and we have ours. The last time I checked they were the most penalized team in the SEC - that's against all teams, not just against us. That fact is lost on them because they don't want to face facts....

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
I think the voters should keep UGA ahead of UF in the polls, it may not be enough in the end once the computers are figured into the equation but, UGA deserves a BCS bowl more then a 1 loss UF IMO.

I will not lose sleep over it though... Saban returns to South Beach to put a whopp'n on the Irish. 3rd BCSNG trip in 4 years! This must be what it felt like during The Bear's run, this is freaking amazing.

Last edited:

skrayper77

All-American
Sep 4, 2003
We were the much better team tonight. That horrible non-PI call was a 7-14 point swing. The game should have never even come down to the last play.

The refs and our own gaffes did everything to keep UGA in the game (the bad throw for an INT in the end zone, etc). Honestly, we should have won this game about 46-21. Oh well... we won, and that's all that eventually matters.

tidefanbeezer

All-American
Sep 25, 2006
Atlanta, GA
Just got home from the Dome. That was the best game SECCG I've been to, hands down. Probably the loudest as well.

Now I need to find a ticket to Miami...

FitToBeTide

All-American
Aug 19, 2001
St. Florian
Not for the faint of heart. Much prefer the blowouts to that kind of game that leaves one gasping and clutching the chest.

Also, tip of the chapeau to JessN and Cecil Hurt (and others; you know who you are) for nailing the 4 pt margin of victory. Good call.

gamersfuel

All-American
Jan 20, 2008
Auburn/near a cow pasture
I think the voters should keep UGA ahead of UF in the polls, it may not be enough in the end once the computers are figured into the equation but, UGA deserves a BCS bowl more then a 1 loss UF IMO.

I will not lose sleep over it though... Saban returns to South Beach to put a whopp'n on the Irish. 3rd BCSNG trip in 4 years! This must be what it felt like during The Bear's run, this is freaking amazing.
nah, gotta go by the system. no way a 1 loss Florida team will be behind a 2 loss UGA.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
Y'all can thank me for the victory. ;) The Tide finally turned it around when I opened the "magical" bottle of red wine that has always led to Bama victories. :)
and all this time I thought it was because I was wearing my lucky game day shirt... ;)
(Can't hurt, you know...)

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Good night!!!

Tailed off some at work. Got to see most of it. When I was young I used to get all into it but I've mellowed through the years. But I about had an anxiety attack at the end. When it was over one of my coworkers said I should see myself - that I needed to be locked up. Had to call a friend to calm down. Drove 12 miles home shaking the whole way. Consumed an entire pizza and a vanilla Diet Coke. Have two beers by my side to finish the calming process.

What a game!!!!!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.