****Official PostGame Thread - Bama vs. UGA in the SECCG****

bamadp

All-SEC
Sep 24, 2006
Sheffield, Al.
Congrats to the SEC champs!!! Good game. The way our o-line and running backs pounded the Georgia defense was epic. While we didn't play a great game, we played well enough to win. Honestly, the mistakes we made that kept UGA in the game were more poor plays on our part than great plays by Georgia. We left at least 14 points on the field due to our errors. The interception in the end zone was more on us than it was a great play by the UGA db. The clock management problems at the end of the first half were squarely on us, and perhaps cost us 4 points. The fake punt we didn't execute cost us at least a first down on a drive. Combine that with the blocked fg and the fortuitous bounce the ball took, and you have at least a 21 point swing. Without some poor plays by us and some good fortune for them, Bama wins by 3 tds.

As far as UGA goes, no one is saying that they didn't play their guts out for sixty minutes, but having said that, AM was six inches and a slow motion replay from throwing a pick at midfield. After the reprieve AM threw two good passes to get UGA to the 8 yard line. You could tell he thought they were gonna spike the ball. I don't know who made the call on the sideline, but as the headcoach, and the one that makes the big bucks, it's ultimately on CMR. That boneheaded play call combined with a great play by CJM to tip the ball, doomed the dawgs and cost them at least a shot to score and get to the NCG.

Jessica4Bama

Hall of Fame
Nov 7, 2009
Alabama
I kept asking (after I saw how many rushing yards we had) how in the world are we losing this game? This was when GA went up 28-25. In all honestly I don't feel it should have been this close of a game. We made too many mistakes. If we wouldn't have, it would have been a bigger margin of victory and I wouldn't have had a heart attack. :)

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
An awesome, edge-of-your-seat game, both teams played their hearts out. Both coaches had hiccup moments couple times, but I do think the Murray fade pass there at the end had a chance of working, but it was a bit short due to Mosely's tip.
It was all in all one of the most exciting games I've watched in a long time, and definitely one of the best SECC games ever.

Best of luck to Georgia in their bowl, I do think had they won, they would have been able to have a great shot of beating ND, playing like they did tonight.

Congrats to our Bama team, especially to Lacy, Yeldon, and most especially our oline who lived up to their billing as one of the best. Defense stepped up too at crucial times doing just enough to give our offense a chance late. I thought the 3-in-out stop right after Bama's last scoring drive was huge. Thought Williams, Dickson and Mosely all played a really great game. I think Dickson had two sacks on Murray and Hubbard may have had a third? Can't remember but I loved seeing these guys fire off the line and push UGA's oline around early. You could tell we missed Williams in the lineup when he went out hurt, but also just glad he's okay.

Fluker has had his moments at times this year, stepped up and was a difference maker on that last scoring drive for Bama as well. You could tell he was fired up and made it known to his teammates pushing them to finish the drive and score. Big congrats to Lacy especially, he ran with an attitude and purpose all game, made some great runs, and overall was incredible game for him. Yeldon & Cooper continue to amaze with their maturity and talent in making big plays when the offense needs them.

RTR!
Totally agree with your post.

Lacey, Yeldon, and Omari Cooper's stats were all outstanding. However, this was a TOTAL Team effort. Otherwise we would not have come back from 21 - 10. This game was just awesome. A shout out to all Crimson Tide players who were part of this HEART Stopping game: Saban's, mine, and I'm sure many others.

I'm proud of the Crimson Tide.

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006
That display of running in the second half is what I have been waiting to see all year from us. I dont believe I have seen a better running performance since Ingram took over the SC game running the wildcat. I just cant believe that we have been holding that back all season.

tmv85

All-SEC
When I watched the game again today, I thought it was interesting that Coach Saban's comment to Tracy Wolfson after the half was about how the team that could run the ball the best had the best chance to win. I heard it during the game yesterday, but it didn't stick in my brain. Hearing it again today, and knowing how the 2-point conversion worked out, made him seem prophetic.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Totally agree with your post.

Lacey, Yeldon, and Omari Cooper's stats were all outstanding. However, this was a TOTAL Team effort. Otherwise we would not have come back from 21 - 10. This game was just awesome. A shout out to all Crimson Tide players who were part of this HEART Stopping game: Saban's, mine, and I'm sure many others.

I'm proud of the Crimson Tide.

lots of big play from our players yesterday. kelly johnson (sp) and volger had a really good game blocking. iirc, gary even gave kelly a shout out about being a (former ?) walk-on

Rolltide_PA

1st Team
Jul 31, 2011
greatest game i've ever watched in person....

gotta give it up to the dawg fans...they were loud (i mean REALLY loud) but all were civil and courteous (at least around me).

would love to see us put 4 error-free quarters together in the BCS title game...

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL
I am no Mark Richt fan, but Vince Lombardi said the same thing. It's about never quitting.
Title game seeped in passion, history
"(I)f you saw the game," Bryant wrote in his autobiography, "you had to believe you were seeing football the way it ought to be played, college, pro or whatever. … I don't really consider it a loss. We just ran out of time."
I thought Bryant had said it too, but I only just found out he was talking about the 1973 Sugar Bowl against Notre Dame...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.