****Official PostGame Thread - Bama vs. UGA in the SECCG****

Craxycat

All-SEC
Apr 24, 2009
Huge kudos to Jesse for playing on one wheel. But check this out:

Barrett Jones was on crutches as Alabama celebrated. He was injured in first half, played through it in 2nd half.
Can't say it enough...so awesome. Barrett has a Halo. Jesse coming back was just an inspiration during the game and IMO it was a game changer too. SUCH a good game! I hated Ga now I am just glad that they gave such a good game. I feel bad for the players at GA, but they took as good as they got. Glad this wasn't an easy win, therefore it wasn't cheap so to speak.

TraskiTideFan

1st Team
Apr 18, 2009
Savannah TN
You know this just confirmed that in my lifetime, with the exception of 1 or 2 games in the history of this particular series, it tends to be a slober knocker in the second half that comes down to some pretty dramatic finishes. And fortunately the majority those that I have had the privilege to see, Bama has come out on the winning side. And I haven't died from a premature stroke or heart attack. :) ROLL TIDE!!!

CRMSNtide

1st Team
Jul 4, 2011
Has to be the most gut wrenching game ive watched in ages, man im spent.
It was frustrating to watch Georgia capitalize on our mistakes for most of the game, but we got that running game going, and gutted it out, have to give props to A. Cooper too, that guy is beast.

Thinking of just general viewing of this game from other fans, this is probably the best SECCG ever, it had a little bit of everything.

fundytide

1st Team
Oct 22, 1999
Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Coach Richt was right that the clock ran out. It ran out because Bama ran the ball down UGA's throat in the second half.

It seemed to me that UGA got away with two really egregious holds on deep passes in the fourth quarter- one to their TE on the last drive and one deep down the middle before than when Jesse came from the left outside and was hauled down. Anyone else see those? It wouldn't and shouldn't have been as close as it was if those blatant holds were called.

Entertaining though. Whew!

Huckleberry

All-American
Nov 9, 2004
Jacksonville, FL
RTR! I'm so proud of this team. An amazing performance during the second half, especially by the offensive and defensive lines. Plenty of adversity and chances that would have made some people give up. Congratulations to our coaches and players for the hard work that led to the performance they showed tonight. Games like that are won more in practice than on the field. Coach Saban is truly the greatest since Coach Bryant.

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
Saban is making a great point at the presser. After we thought Dee intercepted the ball, they thought they won the game. Had to go back out to defend, hard mentally.

Moseley made the huge play for us.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.