****Official PostGame Thread - Bama vs. UGA in the SECCG****

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
I think the voters should keep UGA ahead of UF in the polls, it may not be enough in the end once the computers are figured into the equation but, UGA deserves a BCS bowl more then a 1 loss UF IMO.

I will not lose sleep over it though... Saban returns to South Beach to put a whopp'n on the Irish. 3rd BCSNG trip in 4 years! This must be what it felt like during The Bear's run, this is freaking amazing.
This IS what it felt like when CPB 'owned college football'.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Congratulations, guys! What a win. One you will remember your entire lives.

bamaslammer

All-American
Jan 8, 2003
Argo, AL, St Clair
www.kirkwoodhouse.com
Wow, this team really had to earn this SEC title the hard way. Amazing group of young men who just don't know how to quit. Not going to brag about Notra Dame cause I know nothing about them, going to enjoy this one for a day or so. Worry about that later.

Gr8hope

All-American
Nov 10, 2010
What an exciting game! Still holding my breath and, like others, can't stop shaking. I prefer the beat down games too but so glad to win.
Congrats to Georgia for fighting so hard, great game, great effort.

HMM

All-SEC
Sep 1, 2007
Just got in my hotel, what a great game. Told the wife I was glad I didn't have to throw away a brand new shirt...lol And so glad my first live game ended with a W. We were surrounded by Georgia fans. All but 1 were classy, my heart goes out to them. They played a heck of a game.

Mystical

All-American
Sep 28, 2009
Fairhope, Alabama
One of the best games I have ever seen. Georgia played really well. To bad someone had to lose this one. My respect for this years version just went up a ton. Now lets hope they don't go lay an egg in what ever bowl they land in.

HartselleTider

Suspended
Jan 11, 2012
Props to the Dawgs. They made Bama earn it.

One of the very best SEC title games that have been played. Compares favorably to '92 against the Crocs for me.

tru2bama

Scout Team
Sep 19, 2004
Birmimgham, AL
Just got home and a glass of wine and an aspirin was definitely the first order of business. I am still pumped. RTR. Much needed rest for team and fans then let's get after 15.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
"Pain is a Liar"

Well, if you're going to plaster that on the side of your face...I suppose you have no choice but show everybody what you mean. Kudos to Jesse Williams on gutting it out. I figured he had shredded his knee. Barrett Jones played on one good foot too.

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
I've been to 215 Bama games in person, this was one of the best ever! Just got home and can't wait to start the replay.

Crimson Cat

FB Moderator
Nov 26, 2006
Alabama
An awesome, edge-of-your-seat game, both teams played their hearts out. Both coaches had hiccup moments couple times, but I do think the Murray fade pass there at the end had a chance of working, but it was a bit short due to Mosely's tip.
It was all in all one of the most exciting games I've watched in a long time, and definitely one of the best SECC games ever.

Best of luck to Georgia in their bowl, I do think had they won, they would have been able to have a great shot of beating ND, playing like they did tonight.

Congrats to our Bama team, especially to Lacy, Yeldon, and most especially our oline who lived up to their billing as one of the best. Defense stepped up too at crucial times doing just enough to give our offense a chance late. I thought the 3-in-out stop right after Bama's last scoring drive was huge. Thought Williams, Dickson and Mosely all played a really great game. I think Dickson had two sacks on Murray and Hubbard may have had a third? Can't remember but I loved seeing these guys fire off the line and push UGA's oline around early. You could tell we missed Williams in the lineup when he went out hurt, but also just glad he's okay.

Fluker has had his moments at times this year, stepped up and was a difference maker on that last scoring drive for Bama as well. You could tell he was fired up and made it known to his teammates pushing them to finish the drive and score. Big congrats to Lacy especially, he ran with an attitude and purpose all game, made some great runs, and overall was incredible game for him. Yeldon & Cooper continue to amaze with their maturity and talent in making big plays when the offense needs them.

RTR!

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.