Page 1 of 25 1234567811 ... LastLast
    BamaNation Third Team

Murray was hit CLEAN by Dial. After an interception quarterback becomes a DEFENDER

He was cleary in motion going towards the the player with possession of the ball which makes the hit a CLEAN BLOCK

CBS currently has a thread going saying he should be banned.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME>!?!?!?!

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-American 230kv_barehand's Avatar
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

Re: Murray was hit CLEAN by Dial. After an interception quarterback becomes a DEFENDE

Yea I find it funny they just wouldn't let that go. I too was mad at first at Dial, then they showed the WHOLE play and it told the whole story. He was in motion towards the play, it was clean all day long IMHO.

BamaNation First Team 3 tide tats's Avatar
    My Mood
    Buzzed on TideFans.com

Re: Murray was hit CLEAN by Dial. After an interception quarterback becomes a DEFENDE

EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can not satnad there bull crap commentating.....I hope this thread isn't deleted
    It is what it is

BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Murray was hit CLEAN by Dial. After an interception quarterback becomes a DEFENDER

It was clean. It wasn't helmet to helmet and he led with his shoulder. Aaron Murray is just short and it only appeared to look like that.
    ROLL TIDE!

BamaNation Hall of Fame Tidewater's Avatar
    My Mood
    Brooding on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by David Brantley View Post
    He was cleary in motion going towards the the player with possession of the ball which makes the hit a CLEAN BLOCK

CBS currently has a thread going saying he should be banned.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME>!?!?!?!
    I agree, unless the hit was helmet to helmet. I could not tell from the replay, though.
    CBS talking heads going on and on about it was unseemly.

BamaNation All-American
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

meh..,.no problem with the call. was unnecessary.

BamaNation First Team Huckleberry's Avatar
    My Mood
    Tired on TideFans.com

Yep. Just wait for Coach Lou to talk about it tonight. I hope Mark May shuts him down.

9. December 1st, 2012, 07:41 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Tidewater View Post
    I agree, unless the hit was helmet to helmet. I could not tell from the replay, though.
    CBS talking heads going on and on about it was unseemly.
    yeah, local atlanta sports folks have a sad and keep replaying it. no mention of the helmet to helmet on mcarron earlier in the game though
    Hail Mary, Full of Grace, Notre Dame in Second Place, with a made up girlfriend

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.

-Bertrand Russell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they donít have to worry about the answers.

ó Thomas Pynchon

BamaNation Hall of Fame TideMan09's Avatar
    My Mood

Quote Originally Posted by 230kv_barehand View Post
    Yea I find it funny they just wouldn't let that go. I too was mad at first at Dial, then they showed the WHOLE play and it told the whole story. He was in motion towards the play, it was clean all day long IMHO.
    What ticked me off was Verne & Danielson kept comparing it to the hit on AJ that was called..Once the ball was intercepted..Murray was no longer a QB & was fair game when he went toward the play for a tackle..Big difference there Verne & Gary..

BamaNation Hall of Fame Jessica4Bama's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

What about the no call on the block in the back? Don't remember if that lead to any points but still.
    So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal. - 2 Corinthians 4:18

To worship You, I live
    To worship You, I live
    I live to worship You. -
    Israel Houghton

BamaNation All-American BamaHoosier's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

It was a clean hit, but it was an unnecessary hit. Murray wasn't moving with any motivation to make the tackle, and he wasn't a threat. I don't think that there was anything fundamentally wrong with the hit, but I wish Dial had just let him go.

With that said, the whining by everyone is getting really old. It has been the most concentrated play of the game so far, and that's just ridiculous. To quote Gary; " It Happens", funny he wasn't saying that about this play.

BamaNation All-American 230kv_barehand's Avatar
    My Mood

Quote Originally Posted by TideMan09 View Post
    What ticked me off was Verne & Danielson kept comparing it to the hit on AJ that was called..Once the ball was intercepted..Murray was no longer a QB & was fair game when he went toward the play for a tackle..Big difference there Verne & Gary..
    Exactly my point. They refused to even look at that angle, they just found something to pick at Bama about and wouldn't let it go. If you are running towards the play you are fair game and he was doing just that.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessica4Bama View Post
    What about the no call on the block in the back? Don't remember if that lead to any points but still.
    Exactly. Not to mention the "phantom tip" as well.

Quote Originally Posted by aden View Post
    If you couldn't see Dials helmet hit Murray under the chin you're an idiot
    Yo dude no sense in calling anyone an idiot. Uncalled for.

BamaNation Second Team Tides_of_Change's Avatar

Yeah, most people didn't get the concept that once a QB throws a pick, he becomes a defender, and at no time can a defender be considered defenseless. Nor can a defender be called as the recipient of a head-to-head hit (which I've some softer than that called this year on OFFENSIVE players. It looked bad, and it wasn't exactly necessary, but it was legal.

92tide, since the hit on McCarron was called, I wouldn't think it would be a talking point in this instance... The missed block in the back on the UGA punt return in the 3rd, and more so the takedown of Mosley on their TD run is another story altogether.