Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161720 ... LastLast
    BamaNation Hall of Fame Alasippi's Avatar
    My Mood
    Cloud_9 on TideFans.com

Re: Murray was hit CLEAN by Dial. After an interception quarterback becomes a DEFENDE

Quote Originally Posted by tide power fan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alasippi View Post
    Without question should have been a penalty.
    Why?
    That was as bad of a helmet to helmet hit as I've seen this year. Quinton knew exactly what he was doing.
    Last edited by crimsonaudio; December 2nd, 2012 at 02:44 PM. Reason: formatting

2. Advertisement
    Suspended
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Re: Murray was hit CLEAN by Dial. After an interception quarterback becomes a DEFENDE

That was as bad of a helmet to helmet hit as I've seen this year. Quinton knew exactly what he was doing.
    So the shoulder lead was a farce? He intended to hit him with his helmet? The intent to block the mess out of a quarterback that is trotting towards Dix is probably taught.

On an int, with all that's going on, are the players as distinctive as before, or do you just look for the closest person to block? And then, do you block them at 100%, or gingerly? This adds aspects to the game I don't necessarily want. Maybe the QB should just lay down after an int.
    Last edited by crimsonaudio; December 2nd, 2012 at 02:53 PM. Reason: formatting

BamaNation All-American Relayer's Avatar

Ok Capstone my man ....Question-----If that had been AJ instead of Murray reckon what the majority opinion here would be??
    I think most won't admit it now, but there would be a 15-page thread saying the player should have been ejected and banned from the next game.

BamaNation All-American 230kv_barehand's Avatar
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

I have to disagree sip,

Murray was moving towards the play. He is fair game. Dial did not lead with the head. Where's the flag?

If this was A.J. I'd be mad but not for a no flag call, it would be the fact he exposed himself to injury by being that stupid.

I'm seeing a lot of shoulder in that hit...

BamaNation All-American

So you're saying Quinton is a headhunter. He's much taller than Murray. What's he supposed to do get on his knees before making a block?

My Mood
    Cloud_9 on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Relayer View Post
    I think most won't admit it now, but there would be a 15-page thread saying the player should have been ejected and banned from the next game.

.....after he served his prison sentence

My Mood
    Cloud_9 on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Kevo View Post

First contact is helmet to helmet dude. C'mon now. I'm glad they didn't call it but I honestly thought they should have. Said it immediately after the play.

Suspended
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Kevo View Post

If not, Murray would not be with us today

BamaNation All-American 230kv_barehand's Avatar
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

First contact is helmet to helmet dude. C'mon now. I'm glad they didn't call it but I honestly thought they should have. Said it immediately after the play.
    The "first contact" happens to be helmet to helmet all the time. Fact is he led with the shoulder. Why else you see Dial's shoulder/arm going forward?

My Mood
    Cloud_9 on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by CapstoneTider View Post
    So the shoulder lead was a farce? He intended to hit him with his helmet? The intent to block the mess out of a quarterback that is trotting towards Dix is probably taught.

On an int, with all that's going on, are the players as distinctive as before, or do you just look for the closest person to block? And then, do you block them at 100%, or gingerly? This adds aspects to the game I don't necessarily want. Maybe the QB should just lay down after an int.
    I don't think he intentionally meant to go helmet to helmet but when he saw Murray jogging towards the play he saw an opportunity to wipe him out and did so. That's what I meant by "knew what he was doing.", not that he's a head hunter. All I was saying is that in his efforts he did indeed go helmet to helmet and by rule whether intentional or not, that's a penalty.

Suspended
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

I do commend you for standing up for your convictions, which beats an unruly excuse making homer any day.

We will find out soon if he plays or sits.

BamaNation All-American

Until someone comes up with a better camera angle from the front or back you can't say that with any certainty.