Murray was hit CLEAN by Dial. After an interception quarterback becomes a DEFENDER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snuffy Smith

All-American
Sep 12, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Think back to the Fanning tackle and how quickly Saban addressed it. Has he said anything about this one? It will be interesting to see what he says in his next press conference since I am sure it will be asked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
For those who got to see the live action broadcast, CBS afforded more than enough opportunities to review Dial's block. :)
I have this un-American thing I do for myself called thinking - and I like to form my own opinion without the spin.

:)

Rush

All-American
Jul 5, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Are there any more angles of the block? All I keep seeing is the one video and I know there were a lot of cameras in the dome Saturday.

Seems like if you lead with your shoulder, your helmet(head) will be right there with it. After all, Aren't they attached?
Good one, LA!

Vinny

Hall of Fame
Sep 27, 2001
Rockaway, NJ
Did anyone hear How do you call it Palmer's comments on College Football Live? I caught the tail end of it and he said something to the effect that Dial should be suspended for at least a half in the big game and that he was embarrassed no flag was called. I wonder if he was ever the recipient to one of these blows?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk

CapstoneTider

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
Great illustration and good evidence. My opinion is that lobbying will win the day as usual. Dial doesn't stand a chance against CBS and any local carpetbaggers.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
If HaHa breaks that tackle, Murray is one of two guys (there's one just out of the picture to the right) that are in position to make the tackle.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
Great illustration and good evidence. My opinion is that lobbying will win the day as usual. Dial doesn't stand a chance against CBS and any local carpetbaggers.
What bothers me is that it is obvious that Brando hates Alabama and loves nothing more than spouting off about it. Although the outcry certainly began with Danielson during the game, Brando took it to another level.

Anyone thinking the hit was malicious obviously wasn't paying attention later during the game with Dial broke up the scuffle that resulted from the Georgia player trying to poke Dee Millner's eye out.

Dial is a senior. And if the feel-good, do-gooder media wins the day, he'll have played his last game in Crimson. Would be a damn shame especially because the eye-gouger won't be suspended, and neither will the player who did target AJ McCarron's head earlier in the game. Just like Fanning was labeled a thug for the body slam of the Missouri player, yet the 2 Georgia players who body slammed Georgia Tech players during their game made the highlight reel.

glasscutter256

All-American
Jan 31, 2009
Huntsville
My concern is that the SEC will suspend Dial for this. Whether it should have been a penalty or not is irrelevant now. For the record, the official was right on top of it and didn't throw the flag.
If Slive decides to suspend Dial because he wants to exercise his power, it would totally be inconsistent with so many other calls out there all season. I could probably name 3-5 other plays that were more malicious and were defenseless that were not even addressed. Dial is a senior and a huge part of our D line. It would be a shame for him to have to sit out his final game and Nat. Championship game on top of that.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
I believe it was simply a personal foul and have stated so previously. I believed it was a personal foul for the contact above the shoulders that included head to head(in this case head to chin) regardless of the first contact. I will say however that I don't think it merits a suspension because I don't think Murray was "defenseless".
From all I've read "defenseless" means a player has no opportunity to know the hit is coming, like a receiver looking back for the ball or a passer getting blind sided.
"Defenseless" to me doesn't include blindly lolly gagging across the field because you're upset that you threw an interception.
I truly hope that Quinton has an opportunity to play in the national title game. It would be a shame if he isn't allowed to, because, as I've posted earlier, I don't think the head to head was intentional.
sip

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
I believe it was simply a personal foul and have stated so previously. I believed it was a personal foul for the contact above the shoulders that included head to head(in this case head to chin) regardless of the first contact. I will say however that I don't think it merits a suspension because I don't think Murray was "defenseless".
From all I've read "defenseless" means a player has no opportunity to know the hit is coming, like a receiver looking back for the ball or a passer getting blind sided.
"Defenseless" to me doesn't include blindly lolly gagging across the field because you're upset that you threw an interception.
I truly hope that Quinton has an opportunity to play in the national title game. It would be a shame if he isn't allowed to, because, as I've posted earlier, I don't think it was intentional.
sip
*like*

I agree completely.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I previously stated I think this hit is getting the attention because it was on Murray. I stand by that. Here's another reason - CBS wouldn't have continuously shown the replay if it was another UGA player. They may not have even shown a replay to find the reason for the player laying on the ground. I never saw a replay of Stinson's injury.

CapstoneTider

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
What bothers me is that it is obvious that Brando hates Alabama and loves nothing more than spouting off about it. Although the outcry certainly began with Danielson during the game, Brando took it to another level.

Anyone thinking the hit was malicious obviously wasn't paying attention later during the game with Dial broke up the scuffle that resulted from the Georgia player trying to poke Dee Millner's eye out.

Dial is a senior. And if the feel-good, do-gooder media wins the day, he'll have played his last game in Crimson. Would be a damn shame especially because the eye-gouger won't be suspended, and neither will the player who did target AJ McCarron's head earlier in the game. Just like Fanning was labeled a thug for the body slam of the Missouri player, yet the 2 Georgia players who body slammed Georgia Tech players during their game made the highlight reel.
I agree on all counts, especially the eye gouging......that's criminal. I do think one thing Dial has going for him is that AM was the first person to block. He did not single him out, and he has been taught for umpteen years to find someone to block after an interception. I feel sorry for him if he misses the game too. Do they really want to effect the NCG? That could be another + for Dial.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.