Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678912 ... LastLast
    BamaNation Second Team CRMSNtide's Avatar

Re: Murray was hit CLEAN by Dial. After an interception quarterback becomes a DEFENDE

What would be the legal way to block Murry in that situation?
    Your not supposed to go for the knees, and now you can't hit high either?
    Jeez, Murry was running toward the play, it wasn't Dials fault the Murry wasn't aware what was going on.

I can see it if he hit him from behind or something, but it was from the front.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-American 230kv_barehand's Avatar
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

Re: Murray was hit CLEAN by Dial. After an interception quarterback becomes a DEFENDE

Quote Originally Posted by bamabomber View Post
    It was a clean hit, but it was an unnecessary hit. Murray wasn't moving with any motivation to make the tackle, and he wasn't a threat. I don't think that there was anything fundamentally wrong with the hit, but I wish Dial had just let him go.

With that said, the whining by everyone is getting really old. It has been the most concentrated play of the game so far, and that's just ridiculous. To quote Gary; " It Happens", funny he wasn't saying that about this play.
    Don't get me wrong I'm not saying he should have risked making that block, but in Dial's favor Murray was moving towards the play. If he didn't want to risk getting floored he probably should have not moved.

Quote Originally Posted by Tides_of_Change View Post
    Yeah, most people didn't get the concept that once a QB throws a pick, he becomes a defender, and at no time can a defender be considered defenseless. Nor can a defender be called as the recipient of a head-to-head hit (which I've some softer than that called this year on OFFENSIVE players. It looked bad, and it wasn't exactly necessary, but it was legal.

92tide, since the hit on McCarron was called, I wouldn't think it would be a talking point in this instance... The missed block in the back on the UGA punt return in the 3rd, and more so the takedown of Mosley on their TD run is another story altogether.
    im thinking the one on mccarron more in the realm of those calling for some sort of post game action by the SEC
    Hail Mary, Full of Grace, Notre Dame in Second Place, with a made up girlfriend

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.

-Bertrand Russell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they donít have to worry about the answers.

ó Thomas Pynchon

BamaNation All-American REBELZED's Avatar

I think it's funny that everybody ooh's and ahh's when a WR is de-cleated on an INT return, but when it's the feel-good QB of the game it's the biggest non call of non calls ever in the history of football
    That's the paradox of success. The moment you stop to enjoy it, you are in trouble. You have to keep moving forward. It's not what you have done that's important. It's where you are going.
    ó Alabama Coach Nick Saban

My Mood

Quote Originally Posted by aden View Post
    If you couldn't see Dials helmet hit Murray under the chin you're an idiot
    Doesn't matter if Dial's helmet hit Murray under the chin as long as he didn't lead with his helmet. If you watch the replay, you'll see that he was leading with his shoulder.

And I'll just assume that calling many on this board an 'idiot' is the liquor talking . . .
    RTR

My Mood

Quote Originally Posted by CRMSNtide View Post
    What would be the legal way to block Murry in that situation?
    Your not supposed to go for the knees, and now you can't hit high either?
    Jeez, Murry was running toward the play, it wasn't Dials fault the Murray wasn't aware what was going on.

I can see it if he hit him from behind or something, but it was from the front.
    Bingo!
    RTR

BamaNation Hall of Fame Tide1986's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

With only one view of the hit, Gary was being quite irresponsible with his extreme criticism. It's clear that he didn't want Bama to win. Nevertheless, it looked like a clean hit to me.

My Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Tide1986 View Post
    With only one view of the hit, Gary was being quite irresponsible with his extreme criticism. It's clear that he didn't want Bama to win. Nevertheless, it looked like a clean hit to me.
    Yep and he will refuse to say he was wrong too. He had the whole commercial break to look at it and they still decided to blast Dial for it.

BamaNation All-American BamaHoosier's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by 230kv_barehand View Post
    Yep and he will refuse to say he was wrong too. He had the whole commercial break to look at it and they still decided to blast Dial for it.
    They had the entire halftime to look at it, and they still harped on it. That's what got me, all the things they could have discussed to start the 2nd half, they spend a good 5 minutes discussing that. It was worthless bantering, and I'm thankful that the SEC front office isn't afraid to let the players play unlike the NFL.

My Mood

Quote Originally Posted by bamabomber View Post
    They had the entire halftime to look at it, and they still harped on it. That's what got me, all the things they could have discussed to start the 2nd half, they spend a good 5 minutes discussing that. It was worthless bantering, and I'm thankful that the SEC front office isn't afraid to let the players play unlike the NFL.
    Yep and it's a shame too about them having that much time and still taking the shot at Dial. If it was such a bad play the ref standing right there watching the whole thing would have flagged Dial and he didn't. That should have been their first hint, but them two goofs decided to put the ref on blast as well. Man I hope ESPN gets the next contract!

BamaNation Third Team

they got what they wanted, a hit that looked bad on camera so they could talk bad about BAMA.

If you win enough...eventually people see you as the villain and they hope you fail.

BamaNation Hall of Fame jthomas666's Avatar
    My Mood
    Stressed on TideFans.com

Besides, it gave us this image:

I may disagree with you, but I'm pretty sure you're not Hitler.

BamaNation First Team
    My Mood
    Happy on TideFans.com

In that situation I would have put Murray on his back, and then offered to help him up.
    Roll Tide!!!!!!