Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567891013 ... LastLast
    BamaNation First Team

Re: Murray was hit CLEAN by Dial. After an interception quarterback becomes a DEFENDE

Didn't it look like Jesse got chop blocked on the play where he got hurt. He was engaged up high with a UGA player and then his knee gets taken out by another UGA player. Wonder why Gary didn't mention that.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame jthomas666's Avatar
    My Mood
    Stressed on TideFans.com

Re: Murray was hit CLEAN by Dial. After an interception quarterback becomes a DEFENDE

A UGA player was blocked into Jesse. Not a chop block. But the refs hosed us on enough plays to make up for it.
    I may disagree with you, but I'm pretty sure you're not Hitler.

BamaNation Third Team

Lets not get this thread deleted... however... JDog brings up a point...
    The georgia team was "undisciplined".
    I will leave it at that.

BamaNation First Team

It was a clean hit period any body who says otherwise is crazy

Meh, whatever - it's over.

I think I would have been upset had the proverbial shoe been on the other foot. But it didn't win or lose the game...
    DISCLAIMER: I hereby reserve the right to discuss any game on the Alabama schedule I wish, at any time during the season, as I am not a part of the Crimson Tide football program. I am simply a fan who has no impact outside of the money I provide the athletic department via ticket and memorabilia purchases and the energy I can provide when I attend the games. 2009-2014, crimsonaudio

Lurch Backwater!

BamaNation All-American 230kv_barehand's Avatar
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

Yep David you are right, penalties killed them tonight much like it generally does to Florida. A lot of people overlook the fact that penalties cost you points and it hurt UGA a good bit tonight and helped us.

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by jthomas666 View Post
    Besides, it gave us this image:

That's priceless. The more I look at it, the funnier it gets.

BamaNation All-SEC
    My Mood
    Cheerful on TideFans.com

Is Murray the first SEC QB to lose 2 SEC Champ Games as a starter?

And, I thought that hit was legal because if Dix does not get tackled the only guy left is a slow o linemen to catch him.

BamaNation All-American TexasTideFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by califbamafan View Post
    It was a clean hit period any body who says otherwise is crazy
    If your a QB on an INT return you better haul your arse to the bench cause your the biggest target on the field by the Defense. That's the best chance to get a good legit shot at a QB if the dude wants to actually salvage his screw-up by actually trying to make the tackle. Our coaches back when I played preached if you have the nutz to go engage, you better keep your head on a swivel.

After the commercial Gary said they asked the head of officiating and the response was basically that you've got to watch out because the D-linemen love to hit the QB on interception returns like that. My interpretation of this statement is that Murray should have been aware that he could be hit in that situation, and paying better attention. The play was still live and he was considered a blocker in that situation.

Now, it was clear there was helmet to helmet contact on from the replay, which is never good. I do NOT think it was clear that there was intent on Dial's part to make that kind of hit. What's unfortunate is that the entire CBS commentating team took turns verbally jabbing Dial at halftime and made us look like a dirty team, which is far from the case. UGA was playing a lot less disciplined and safe than Bama in this game, as evidenced by the number of penalties. It's a rough game, but our organization is built around holding players accountable to play by the rules, and with sportsmanship and class, which 99 times out of 100 they do. I hate seeing us portrayed this way on a national TV stage.
    Discipline.
    Commitment.
    Effort.
    Toughness.
    Pride.
    (http://www.tuscaloosanews.com/article/20100201/news/100209986)

BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Murray was hit CLEAN by Dial. After an interception quarterback becomes a DEFENDER

I saw helmets collide but he led with his shoulder. I think the refs saw that as well. Clean play but the helmets colliding was unfortunate.
    ROLL TIDE!

Quote Originally Posted by jthomas666 View Post
    besides, it gave us this image:

Murraying

My Mood
    Curmudgeon on TideFans.com

Although Murray pretty clearly wasn't very serious about going to make the tackle on that play, he was headed towards the ball carrier, and the play was still live (or at least freshly dead). The reason he got his clock cleaned was because he wasn't paying attention. The price of that in-attention was that he got the snot knocked out of him.

I personally don't think it was a dirty hit, given that Murray was a defender at that point. When the SEC front office call's me to ask, I'll tell them that.