Murray was hit CLEAN by Dial. After an interception quarterback becomes a DEFENDER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lassr4Bama

1st Team
Jan 3, 2007
Hazel Green, AL
I know in the NFL that is a penalty because Murray was not directly involved with the play at the time. Not sure what the college rule is though but I was a little surprised it was not called a penalty since it was unnecessary.

I like to see the replay again of that throw Georgia made to get them down to the 10 yd line at the end. i just caught a quick glimpse of it on tv and look like a bama lineman was held and hauled to the ground as Murray threw it.

I know there was an obvious hold in the middle when Georgia ran it in from the 10 yard line earlier to put them up 28-25.

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA
Funny to listen to actual Georgia homer analysts after the game, saying that Dial should be suspended. What a joke. RTR!!! :BigA: :BigA: :BigA: :BigA: :BigA: :BigA: :BigA: :BigA: :BigA: :BigA: :BigA: :BigA: :BigA: :BigA:

37bamagreats55

All-American
Apr 1, 2003
Gardendale, AL
It should have been a flag. A nasty hit, no doubt. However, GA did the same thing to A.J. earlier in the game.
And did anybody see the GA player gauge Milner's eyes out when Milner got the retaliation flag? CBS didn't whisper one word about that player or show a MILLION replays of that classless act.

tide power fan

All-SEC
Nov 26, 2011
Georgia shouldn't say anything I seen one of their player's flip a GA Tech player like Flannigan did against Mo. and no foul was called on that one.

jthomas666

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2002
Birmingham & Warner Robins
I like to see the replay again of that throw Georgia made to get them down to the 10 yd line at the end. i just caught a quick glimpse of it on tv and look like a bama lineman was held and hauled to the ground as Murray threw it.
That can be said of all of Georgia's long completions. The refs apparently decided to just not call holding.

I'm STILL trying to figure out how Ritter's crew get the assignment; it sure as hell wasn't on merit.

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
It should have been a flag. A nasty hit, no doubt. However, GA did the same thing to A.J. earlier in the game.
And did anybody see the GA player gauge Milner's eyes out when Milner got the retaliation flag? CBS didn't whisper one word about that player or show a MILLION replays of that classless act.
Apples and oranges...you might need to study the rules a bit.

Lassr4Bama

1st Team
Jan 3, 2007
Hazel Green, AL
Whether it's 5 or 10 yards, he was clearly running (albeit slowly) toward the ball carrier.
Yes, but in today's football, a unnecessary hard hit is usually penalized for the health of the players. Dial could have easily just put his hands out and pushed him away.

Hey, don't get me wrong, I'm glad they didn't call it but I wouldn't have been surprised if they did. But I don't think it was a pivotal non-call that changed the game. We would have had the ball anyhow.

BamaNation

Publisher and Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com
Watching the ACC Champ game... and Herbstreit and Fussburger are talking about murray being a "defenseless player." Seriously? This is going to become the 2012-13 meme ... just like mccoy getting knocked out the game in the 2009 BCS game... "If Murray hadn't been hit so defenselessly, UGA would have won."

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Watching the ACC Champ game... and Herbstreit and Fussburger are talking about murray being a "defenseless player." Seriously? This is going to become the 2012-13 meme ... just like mccoy getting knocked out the game in the 2009 BCS game... "If Murray hadn't been hit so defenselessly, UGA would have won."

i guess it comes with the territory :)

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
Based on how the rules are now, perhaps it should have been a penalty. Perhaps... I don't think it should be, and I don't think it was dirty. I've seen this discussed many times before, and let's face it. How often do you see unnecessary roughness on a block?

The announcers had some sort of weird agenda on this play. They were obsessed with it. If it wasn't clean, it was really close to being clean. It was a good hard block on a defender. It's not the blockers fault that the defender seemed to be wandering aimlessly towards the play. You can't let him go unblocked...

If this is a suspension like the announcers were lobbying for, it would be an absolute travesty and mark the end of the SEC as a prestigious entity and usher in the new era of the SEC...

jthomas666

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2002
Birmingham & Warner Robins
The hit on AJ came right after he released the ball; Murray was hit after the INT, during the return. Different rules apply in the two situations.

Bad Pony

All-American
Nov 14, 1999
Pelham
I imagine if you look at game film, there are helmet-to-helmet hits on almost every, if not every, play....didn't look like he LEAD with his helmet to me. Several puppy fans where I work so I'll be sure to take plenty of tissue Monday...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.