Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst 123456789101114 ... LastLast
    BamaNation Hall of Fame jthomas666's Avatar
    My Mood
    Stressed on TideFans.com

Re: Murray was hit CLEAN by Dial. After an interception quarterback becomes a DEFENDE

Quote Originally Posted by bamabomber View Post
    That's priceless. The more I look at it, the funnier it gets.
    Someone needs to photoshop Wile E. Coyote's "Help Me" sign into Murray's hand.
    I may disagree with you, but I'm pretty sure you're not Hitler.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation First Team Lassr4Bama's Avatar

Re: Murray was hit CLEAN by Dial. After an interception quarterback becomes a DEFENDE

I know in the NFL that is a penalty because Murray was not directly involved with the play at the time. Not sure what the college rule is though but I was a little surprised it was not called a penalty since it was unnecessary.

I like to see the replay again of that throw Georgia made to get them down to the 10 yd line at the end. i just caught a quick glimpse of it on tv and look like a bama lineman was held and hauled to the ground as Murray threw it.

I know there was an obvious hold in the middle when Georgia ran it in from the 10 yard line earlier to put them up 28-25.

Quote Originally Posted by Lassr4Bama View Post
    I know in the NFL that is a penalty because Murray was not directly involved with the play at the time.
    I dunno, he was within about 5 yards of the ball carrier when he got drilled. He was def not 'too far away'.
    DISCLAIMER: I hereby reserve the right to discuss any game on the Alabama schedule I wish, at any time during the season, as I am not a part of the Crimson Tide football program. I am simply a fan who has no impact outside of the money I provide the athletic department via ticket and memorabilia purchases and the energy I can provide when I attend the games. 2009-2014, crimsonaudio

Lurch Backwater!

BamaNation All-American theballguy's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Funny to listen to actual Georgia homer analysts after the game, saying that Dial should be suspended. What a joke. RTR!!!
    Roll Tide Roll!!!

BamaNation All-SEC 37bamagreats55's Avatar

It should have been a flag. A nasty hit, no doubt. However, GA did the same thing to A.J. earlier in the game.
    And did anybody see the GA player gauge Milner's eyes out when Milner got the retaliation flag? CBS didn't whisper one word about that player or show a MILLION replays of that classless act.

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonaudio View Post
    I dunno, he was within about 5 yards of the ball carrier when he got drilled. He was def not 'too far away'.
    That may be true. I honestly couldn't tell how close he was because I kept watching the hit. I thought the ball carrier was 10+ yds away but if he is closer then nevermind.

BamaNation First Team

Georgia shouldn't say anything I seen one of their player's flip a GA Tech player like Flannigan did against Mo. and no foul was called on that one.

BamaNation Hall of Fame jthomas666's Avatar
    My Mood
    Stressed on TideFans.com

I like to see the replay again of that throw Georgia made to get them down to the 10 yd line at the end. i just caught a quick glimpse of it on tv and look like a bama lineman was held and hauled to the ground as Murray threw it.
    That can be said of all of Georgia's long completions. The refs apparently decided to just not call holding.

I'm STILL trying to figure out how Ritter's crew get the assignment; it sure as hell wasn't on merit.
    I may disagree with you, but I'm pretty sure you're not Hitler.

BamaNation All-SEC TheAccountant's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jthomas666 View Post
    ASomeone needs to photoshop Wile E. Coyote's "Help Me" sign into Murray's hand.
    I'd like to see someone photoshop his eyes like these with the sign.

I'm STILL trying to figure out how Ritter's crew get the assignment; it sure as hell wasn't on merit.
    I thought the exact same thing when I saw him at the start of the game.

My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

That may be true. I honestly couldn't tell how close he was because I kept watching the hit. I thought the ball carrier was 10+ yds away but if he is closer then nevermind.
    Whether it's 5 or 10 yards, he was clearly running (albeit slowly) toward the ball carrier.
    RTR

BamaNation Hall of Fame Tide1986's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com
    Someone needs to photoshop Wile E. Coyote's "Help Me" sign into Murray's hand.
    Dial was the anvil falling from the sky.

BamaNation Hall of Fame Tide1986's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com
    Quote Originally Posted by 37bamagreats55 View Post
    It should have been a flag. A nasty hit, no doubt. However, GA did the same thing to A.J. earlier in the game.
    And did anybody see the GA player gauge Milner's eyes out when Milner got the retaliation flag? CBS didn't whisper one word about that player or show a MILLION replays of that classless act.
    Apples and oranges...you might need to study the rules a bit.