Murray was hit CLEAN by Dial. After an interception quarterback becomes a DEFENDER

Status
Not open for further replies.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I'm about tired of these "helmet to helmet" calls.

It's football!

FWIW, I'm talking about the incidental "helmet to helmet" calls that are just part of the game.

Not talking about leading with helmet -- I get that, but this incidental stuff is going to ruin football as we know it.

I'm calling it right now: In the near future somebody will lose a game because of this craziness on a over-cautious call. Just hope it's not Bama!

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
Based on how the rules are now, perhaps it should have been a penalty. Perhaps... I don't think it should be, and I don't think it was dirty. I've seen this discussed many times before, and let's face it. How often do you see unnecessary roughness on a block?

The announcers had some sort of weird agenda on this play. They were obsessed with it. If it wasn't clean, it was really close to being clean. It was a good hard block on a defender. It's not the blockers fault that the defender seemed to be wandering aimlessly towards the play. You can't let him go unblocked...

If this is a suspension like the announcers were lobbying for, it would be an absolute travesty and mark the end of the SEC as a prestigious entity and usher in the new era of the SEC...
Do we really think the SEC will suspend a player from the SEC Championship team going into the National Championship game? Of course, with Mike Slive, one never knows I guess.

Bama Fish 86-9

Scout Team
Aug 22, 2010
The SEC will take a look, no doubt. No telling what their ruling will be either. Was it clean? I believe so. Nothing but a blocker doing his job on a defender moving towards the ball carrier. If they say that the QB should have protection on this type of play, what kind of a game is football gonna become? Two hand touch on the QB. If he moves toward the ball, game on. If he doesnt want to get hit, run to the sideline.

thetwonewguru

Suspended
Aug 11, 2006
I've been a Bama fan for years. This is it for me guys. You have the blinders on. If it would have been Auburn we (me included) would say how classless this was. I can't beleive the kid was let back into the game. I'm done with bama. Ban me if you wish.

CoastGhost

Suspended
Sep 5, 2009
North Carolina
The SEC will take a look, no doubt. No telling what their ruling will be either. Was it clean? I believe so. Nothing but a blocker doing his job on a defender moving towards the ball carrier. If they say that the QB should have protection on this type of play, what kind of a game is football gonna become? Two hand touch on the QB. If he moves toward the ball, game on. If he doesnt want to get hit, run to the sideline.
Or lay down on the ground ...

Bad Pony

All-American
Nov 14, 1999
Pelham
I've been a Bama fan for years. This is it for me guys. You have the blinders on. If it would have been Auburn we (me included) would say how classless this was. I can't beleive the kid was let back into the game. I'm done with bama. Ban me if you wish.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out...

Jessica4Bama

Hall of Fame
Nov 7, 2009
Alabama

Okie Dokie...

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Didn't it look like Jesse got chop blocked on the play where he got hurt. He was engaged up high with a UGA player and then his knee gets taken out by another UGA player. Wonder why Gary didn't mention that.
He did. The offensive player rolled into his knee, but it's still a chop...

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
You really need to put the glass down and go to bed. And your done with Bama because of one play? You're not much of a fan so good riddance.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
Well............bye.

Has nothing to do with blinders. It's calling it like we seen it.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
LOL, seriously?

You sound like a troll.

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL
Didn't it look like Jesse got chop blocked on the play where he got hurt.
No not really. The UGA player was on the ground because he got his butt handed to him by our guy. Jessie just kinda ran into him. It wasn't intentional.

RMRJMR

Scout Team
Dec 29, 2008
Madison, AL
The SEC put together an "allstar" officiating crew for the Bama / LSU game and there were other SEC games being played that day. One would think that the "allstar" crew could have called the championship game since no other games were being played. When I saw Ritter on the field before play even started I said to myself that there was going to be a controversial play or penalty call that will drive everyone crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.