Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678910111215 ... LastLast
    BamaNation First Team Lassr4Bama's Avatar

Re: Murray was hit CLEAN by Dial. After an interception quarterback becomes a DEFENDE

Quote Originally Posted by trenda View Post
    Whether it's 5 or 10 yards, he was clearly running (albeit slowly) toward the ball carrier.
    Yes, but in today's football, a unnecessary hard hit is usually penalized for the health of the players. Dial could have easily just put his hands out and pushed him away.

Hey, don't get me wrong, I'm glad they didn't call it but I wouldn't have been surprised if they did. But I don't think it was a pivotal non-call that changed the game. We would have had the ball anyhow.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation First Team
    My Mood
    Happy on TideFans.com

Re: Murray was hit CLEAN by Dial. After an interception quarterback becomes a DEFENDE

There was a ref 3-4 yards away looking directly at AM and QD when it happened. There was no need for a flag.

The play was in no way the same as the hit on AJ.

Publisher, TideFans.com &
    Benevolent Dictator
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Watching the ACC Champ game... and Herbstreit and Fussburger are talking about murray being a "defenseless player." Seriously? This is going to become the 2012-13 meme ... just like mccoy getting knocked out the game in the 2009 BCS game... "If Murray hadn't been hit so defenselessly, UGA would have won."

Quote Originally Posted by BamaNation View Post
    Watching the ACC Champ game... and Herbstreit and Fussburger are talking about murray being a "defenseless player." Seriously? This is going to become the 2012-13 meme ... just like mccoy getting knocked out the game in the 2009 BCS game... "If Murray hadn't been hit so defenselessly, UGA would have won."

i guess it comes with the territory
    Hail Mary, Full of Grace, Notre Dame in Second Place, with a made up girlfriend

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.

-Bertrand Russell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they donít have to worry about the answers.

ó Thomas Pynchon

BamaNation All-American 230kv_barehand's Avatar
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by 37bamagreats55 View Post
    It should have been a flag.
    How? He didn't lead with the head, the hit to the face was not after the throw (ala roughing the passer, etc.) and he was clearly blocking for Clinton-Dix. So what did he do wrong?

My Mood
    Paranoid on TideFans.com

Based on how the rules are now, perhaps it should have been a penalty. Perhaps... I don't think it should be, and I don't think it was dirty. I've seen this discussed many times before, and let's face it. How often do you see unnecessary roughness on a block?

The announcers had some sort of weird agenda on this play. They were obsessed with it. If it wasn't clean, it was really close to being clean. It was a good hard block on a defender. It's not the blockers fault that the defender seemed to be wandering aimlessly towards the play. You can't let him go unblocked...

If this is a suspension like the announcers were lobbying for, it would be an absolute travesty and mark the end of the SEC as a prestigious entity and usher in the new era of the SEC...

BamaNation Hall of Fame jthomas666's Avatar
    My Mood
    Stressed on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by 37bamagreats55 View Post
    It should have been a flag. A nasty hit, no doubt. However, GA did the same thing to A.J. earlier in the game.
    And did anybody see the GA player gauge Milner's eyes out when Milner got the retaliation flag? CBS didn't whisper one word about that player or show a MILLION replays of that classless act.
    The hit on AJ came right after he released the ball; Murray was hit after the INT, during the return. Different rules apply in the two situations.
    I may disagree with you, but I'm pretty sure you're not Hitler.

BamaNation All-American Bad Pony's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

I imagine if you look at game film, there are helmet-to-helmet hits on almost every, if not every, play....didn't look like he LEAD with his helmet to me. Several puppy fans where I work so I'll be sure to take plenty of tissue Monday...

BamaNation Hall of Fame BamaMoon's Avatar

I'm about tired of these "helmet to helmet" calls.

It's football!

FWIW, I'm talking about the incidental "helmet to helmet" calls that are just part of the game.

Not talking about leading with helmet -- I get that, but this incidental stuff is going to ruin football as we know it.

I'm calling it right now: In the near future somebody will lose a game because of this craziness on a over-cautious call. Just hope it's not Bama!

BamaNation Hall of Fame Tide1986's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com
    Quote Originally Posted by KrAzY3 View Post
    Based on how the rules are now, perhaps it should have been a penalty. Perhaps... I don't think it should be, and I don't think it was dirty. I've seen this discussed many times before, and let's face it. How often do you see unnecessary roughness on a block?

The announcers had some sort of weird agenda on this play. They were obsessed with it. If it wasn't clean, it was really close to being clean. It was a good hard block on a defender. It's not the blockers fault that the defender seemed to be wandering aimlessly towards the play. You can't let him go unblocked...

If this is a suspension like the announcers were lobbying for, it would be an absolute travesty and mark the end of the SEC as a prestigious entity and usher in the new era of the SEC...
    Do we really think the SEC will suspend a player from the SEC Championship team going into the National Championship game? Of course, with Mike Slive, one never knows I guess.

BamaNation Second Team

The SEC will take a look, no doubt. No telling what their ruling will be either. Was it clean? I believe so. Nothing but a blocker doing his job on a defender moving towards the ball carrier. If they say that the QB should have protection on this type of play, what kind of a game is football gonna become? Two hand touch on the QB. If he moves toward the ball, game on. If he doesnt want to get hit, run to the sideline.

Suspended

I've been a Bama fan for years. This is it for me guys. You have the blinders on. If it would have been Auburn we (me included) would say how classless this was. I can't beleive the kid was let back into the game. I'm done with bama. Ban me if you wish.

Does CBS have the SEC games next year, please say no...