Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst 123456789101112131417 ... LastLast
    BamaNation All-American 2003TIDE's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com
    Quote Originally Posted by JDog View Post
    Didn't it look like Jesse got chop blocked on the play where he got hurt.
    No not really. The UGA player was on the ground because he got his butt handed to him by our guy. Jessie just kinda ran into him. It wasn't intentional.

2. Advertisement
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Re: Murray was hit CLEAN by Dial. After an interception quarterback becomes a DEFENDE

The SEC put together an "allstar" officiating crew for the Bama / LSU game and there were other SEC games being played that day. One would think that the "allstar" crew could have called the championship game since no other games were being played. When I saw Ritter on the field before play even started I said to myself that there was going to be a controversial play or penalty call that will drive everyone crazy.

BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Murray was hit CLEAN by Dial. After an interception quarterback becomes a DEFENDER

Quote Originally Posted by BamaSlama View Post
    I believe he effectively did!
    This is just funny.

BamaNation Hall of Fame jthomas666's Avatar
    My Mood
    Stressed on TideFans.com

Re: Murray was hit CLEAN by Dial. After an interception quarterback becomes a DEFENDE

Hell, based on this gif from that titanic BiGhowever many game, Murray got off easy:

I may disagree with you, but I'm pretty sure you're not Hitler.

Quote Originally Posted by jthomas666 View Post
    Hell, based on this gif from that titanic BiGhowever many game, Murray got off easy:

Holy crap!
    DISCLAIMER: I hereby reserve the right to discuss any game on the Alabama schedule I wish, at any time during the season, as I am not a part of the Crimson Tide football program. I am simply a fan who has no impact outside of the money I provide the athletic department via ticket and memorabilia purchases and the energy I can provide when I attend the games. 2009-2014, crimsonaudio

Lurch Backwater!

BamaNation Hall of Fame Jessica4Bama's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by jthomas666 View Post

That
    looked as if it hurt...
    So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal. - 2 Corinthians 4:18

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaNation View Post
    Watching the ACC Champ game... and Herbstreit and Fussburger are talking about murray being a "defenseless player." Seriously? This is going to become the 2012-13 meme ... just like mccoy getting knocked out the game in the 2009 BCS game... "If Murray hadn't been hit so defenselessly, UGA would have won."
    For real. He wasn't defenseless. He was running after the play. This just reinforces my theory that a QB should immediately sprint to their sideline after throwing an INT. Nothing good can come from them stayig on the field.

Quote Originally Posted by 2003TIDE View Post
    No not really. The UGA player was on the ground because he got his butt handed to him by our guy. Jessie just kinda ran into him. It wasn't intentional.
    He was on the ground and rolled into Jesse's knee. It's still a chop...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

BamaNation Hall of Fame TideMan09's Avatar

Here is the video..It was a hard hit..Still think it was a clean legal hit..

Quote Originally Posted by TideMan09 View Post
    Here is the video..It was a hard hit..Still think it was a clean legal hit..

yep, if he's eligible to make a tackle, he's eligible to get blocked. this is no different than that awesome block on maze's return vs ole miss (last year i think?)
    Hail Mary, Full of Grace, Notre Dame in Second Place, with a made up girlfriend

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.

-Bertrand Russell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they dont have to worry about the answers.

Thomas Pynchon

BamaNation First Team Im_on_dsp's Avatar

Given today's interpretation of the rules surrounding hits to the head, etc., we were really lucky this wasn't called. However, it wouldn't have made a whole lot of difference though because we would still have the ball and we were gashing them in the running ga,e and we would have gotten those 15 yards back in a couple of plays.

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com
    Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    He was on the ground and rolled into Jesse's knee. It's still a chop...
    He didn't roll. Just watched the replay 5 times. Square pulled Gates for UGA down and forward. Jessie was just in the wrong place when Gates hit the ground. There was no intent on the UGA player's part.

BamaNation All-SEC Snuffy Smith's Avatar

Murray was hit CLEAN by Dial. After an interception quarterback becomes a DEFENDER

Quote Originally Posted by trenda View Post
    Doesn't matter if Dial's helmet hit Murray under the chin as long as he didn't lead with his helmet. If you watch the replay, you'll see that he was leading with his shoulder.

And I'll just assume that calling many on this board an 'idiot' is the liquor talking . . .
    Exactly - even the talking heads don't seem to understand this rule.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk