Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151619 ... LastLast
    BamaNation Hall of Fame Chukker Veteran's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Re: Murray was hit CLEAN by Dial. After an interception quarterback becomes a DEFENDE

If you pass up a clean hit on the other quarterback because of whatever you need to rethink it. Dial had a shot and took it. If Murray had been too stunned to stay in, their backup was very inexperienced.

When the Dawgs had a shot at A.J. they took it.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-American Matt0424's Avatar

Re: Murray was hit CLEAN by Dial. After an interception quarterback becomes a DEFENDE

I think it was a legal hit, no problem there... The flag, if they decided to throw one, would have been an "Unecessary roughness". That isn't caling the hit illegal, it's regarding wither it was a necessary hit. That's where the grey area is with me. Murray, yes, was trotting very leisurely towards the play...but he had ZERO chance of making it. He SHOULD have had his head on a swivel, and it would have saved hm from getting obliterated by Dial. I am good with the no call, but had it happened to AJ I would have wanted a flag...just the nature of the beast

BamaNation First Team CrimsonCrusade's Avatar
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

"Blind side my fanny! It was a good clean hit." - Chuck Bednarik
    "Oderint Dum Metuant. (Let them hate, so long as they fear.)" - Lucius Accicus

BamaNation Hall of Fame BamaJama17's Avatar
    My Mood
    Happy on TideFans.com

I had to hear all of the UGA fans in the same room with me complain about that "late hit". I guess they did not realize is that once a pick is thrown, the QB is now just a defender.

My thoughts are if he didn't want to get blocked after throwing a pick, he shouldn't have thrown a pick.

BamaNation Second Team

I did not see it the same as most of you. Looked like at best a foolish, or at worst a dirty, head to the facemask hit to me, not mattering whether it was the quarterback or not. I suppose the SEC will weigh in on it this week after the film is reviewed.

BamaNation All-American Florida Tom's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Jawga calling for a dirty hit fowl is like Charles Manson screaming about someone needs a parking ticket.

It was a good it it's football.

BamaNation All-American TIDEnGA's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quinton told me it was a clean hit, so I'm not going to argue with him.

Peyton Manning usually heads to the sideline after throwing a pick because he knows they're coming after him.

BamaNation Hall of Fame Alasippi's Avatar
    My Mood
    Cloud_9 on TideFans.com

Without question should have been a penalty.

Suspended
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Alasippi View Post
    If it was flag football

BamaNation First Team

Quote Originally Posted by Alasippi View Post
    Why?
    Last edited by crimsonaudio; December 2nd, 2012 at 02:44 PM. Reason: formatting

BamaNation Hall of Fame Alasippi's Avatar
    My Mood
    Cloud_9 on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by CapstoneTider View Post
    If it was flag football
    Ok Capstone my man ....Question-----If that had been AJ instead of Murray reckon what the majority opinion here would be??