Murray was hit CLEAN by Dial. After an interception quarterback becomes a DEFENDER

Status
Not open for further replies.

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL
Watching the ACC Champ game... and Herbstreit and Fussburger are talking about murray being a "defenseless player." Seriously? This is going to become the 2012-13 meme ... just like mccoy getting knocked out the game in the 2009 BCS game... "If Murray hadn't been hit so defenselessly, UGA would have won."
For real. He wasn't defenseless. He was running after the play. This just reinforces my theory that a QB should immediately sprint to their sideline after throwing an INT. Nothing good can come from them stayig on the field.

Im_on_dsp

All-SEC
Oct 10, 2007
Canton, GA
Given today's interpretation of the rules surrounding hits to the head, etc., we were really lucky this wasn't called. However, it wouldn't have made a whole lot of difference though because we would still have the ball and we were gashing them in the running ga,e and we would have gotten those 15 yards back in a couple of plays.

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL
He was on the ground and rolled into Jesse's knee. It's still a chop...
He didn't roll. Just watched the replay 5 times. Square pulled Gates for UGA down and forward. Jessie was just in the wrong place when Gates hit the ground. There was no intent on the UGA player's part.

Snuffy Smith

All-American
Sep 12, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Doesn't matter if Dial's helmet hit Murray under the chin as long as he didn't lead with his helmet. If you watch the replay, you'll see that he was leading with his shoulder.

And I'll just assume that calling many on this board an 'idiot' is the liquor talking . . .
Exactly - even the talking heads don't seem to understand this rule.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
What ticked me off was Verne & Danielson kept comparing it to the hit on AJ that was called..Once the ball was intercepted..Murray was no longer a QB & was fair game when he went toward the play for a tackle..Big difference there Verne & Gary..
Why would Vern get it right? That would be different...
I think he and Danielson only mentioned it, or did replays like 8 times.
They really want to penalize Alabama any way they can.
They don't have a problem with attempting influence of the game officials or SEC officials.
Tonight was just another example of their prejudice against Alabama.
Suffice it to say, I wouldn't choose those clowns to work a 'Pee Wee Game'.

Snuffy Smith

All-American
Sep 12, 2012
Huntsville, AL
For real. He wasn't defenseless. He was running after the play. This just reinforces my theory that a QB should immediately sprint to their sideline after throwing an INT. Nothing good can come from them stayig on the field.
If he was defenseless it is his own fault. If you are going to move toward the play - pay attention. Otherwise move away from the action.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Why would Vern get it right? That would be different...
I think he and Danielson only mentioned it, or did replays like 8 times.
They really want to penalize Alabama any way they can.
They don't have a problem with attempting influence of the game officials or SEC officials.
Tonight was just another example of their prejudice against Alabama.
Suffice it to say, I wouldn't choose those clowns to work a 'Pee Wee Game'.
Exactly..And combine that with the ridiculous amount of commercials..It makes me cringe every time we have a game on CBS..I really hope another TV network like FOX will eventually outbid CBS for the rights to air SEC games at the 2:30 time slot..

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
I've been a Bama fan for years. This is it for me guys. You have the blinders on. If it would have been Auburn we (me included) would say how classless this was. I can't beleive the kid was let back into the game. I'm done with bama. Ban me if you wish.
He wants out... Somebody hold the door open.

bamabelle1991

All-American
Jan 1, 2009
South Alabama
There was no crowd reaction in the dome on that Murray hit. At least I don't remember one. This is the media blowing something completely out of proportion. I like the name "Candy Pants Murray,"

BFANLC

Suspended
Nov 25, 2005
In a dream world
I've been a Bama fan for years. This is it for me guys. You have the blinders on. If it would have been Auburn we (me included) would say how classless this was. I can't beleive the kid was let back into the game. I'm done with bama. Ban me if you wish.
Been here since 2006 and you have 19 posts plus you can't spell = moooooooo

Jessica4Bama

Hall of Fame
Nov 7, 2009
Alabama
Exactly..And combine that with the ridiculous amount of commercials..It makes me cringe every time we have a game on CBS..I really hope another TV network like FOX will eventually outbid CBS for the rights to air SEC games at the 2:30 time slot..
The commercial breaks are getting ridiculous. Cannot get into the flow of the game because after every series it's a commercial. Gets on my nerves. Thankfully the BCSCG is on ESPN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.