Murray was hit CLEAN by Dial. After an interception quarterback becomes a DEFENDER

Status
Not open for further replies.

CapstoneTider

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
Yeah close the Barn Door on the way out.

College QB's should not be protected the same way as NFL QB's. They are much more prone to make tackles and should not be singled out as some sort of franchise Yellow Jersey elite's. 1 out of 1000 will make it to the next level. Don;t give the quarterback an unfair advantage at this level.

Vinny

Hall of Fame
Sep 27, 2001
Rockaway, NJ
That was a nice hit since murray was now on defense and he is fair game. I'm sure he will be paying attention the next time that happens so he won't get his bell rung.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
If you pass up a clean hit on the other quarterback because of whatever you need to rethink it. Dial had a shot and took it. If Murray had been too stunned to stay in, their backup was very inexperienced.

When the Dawgs had a shot at A.J. they took it.

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
I think it was a legal hit, no problem there... The flag, if they decided to throw one, would have been an "Unecessary roughness". That isn't caling the hit illegal, it's regarding wither it was a necessary hit. That's where the grey area is with me. Murray, yes, was trotting very leisurely towards the play...but he had ZERO chance of making it. He SHOULD have had his head on a swivel, and it would have saved hm from getting obliterated by Dial. I am good with the no call, but had it happened to AJ I would have wanted a flag...just the nature of the beast

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL
I had to hear all of the UGA fans in the same room with me complain about that "late hit". I guess they did not realize is that once a pick is thrown, the QB is now just a defender.

Sabine Free Sta

BamaNation Citizen
Jul 3, 2012
I did not see it the same as most of you. Looked like at best a foolish, or at worst a dirty, head to the facemask hit to me, not mattering whether it was the quarterback or not. I suppose the SEC will weigh in on it this week after the film is reviewed.

Florida Tom

All-American
Aug 15, 2011
Tampa, FL
Jawga calling for a dirty hit fowl is like Charles Manson screaming about someone needs a parking ticket.

It was a good it it's football.

CapstoneTider

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
That was as bad of a helmet to helmet hit as I've seen this year. Quinton knew exactly what he was doing.
So the shoulder lead was a farce? He intended to hit him with his helmet? The intent to block the mess out of a quarterback that is trotting towards Dix is probably taught.

On an int, with all that's going on, are the players as distinctive as before, or do you just look for the closest person to block? And then, do you block them at 100%, or gingerly? This adds aspects to the game I don't necessarily want. Maybe the QB should just lay down after an int.

Last edited by a moderator:

Relayer

Hall of Fame
Mar 25, 2001
Ok Capstone my man :)....Question-----If that had been AJ instead of Murray reckon what the majority opinion here would be??
I think most won't admit it now, but there would be a 15-page thread saying the player should have been ejected and banned from the next game.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
I have to disagree sip,

Murray was moving towards the play. He is fair game. Dial did not lead with the head. Where's the flag?

If this was A.J. I'd be mad but not for a no flag call, it would be the fact he exposed himself to injury by being that stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.