Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    BamaNation Second Team Tides_of_Change's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

"Cyclone" Lacy cemented his spot tonight.

If anyone would be honest, most of us could see Eddie succumbing to the toe injury and caving to the mantra Yeldon was growing almost from day one. I'll say I was seeing TJ eventually take over the top spot about five games in while Lacy, even if still contributing, moved into a second-fiddle position. But these last five or six weeks, against the toughest meat of the schedule, have seen Lacy finally heal up and he's commanding just about the same amount of respect as his predecessors.

He's a leader out there, and Yeldon's talent notwithstanding, he's surprisingly asserted himself psychologically as the number one back from here on out. I don't see how anyone could debate that. Great job, Cyclone!

2. Advertisement
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: "Cyclone" Lacy cemented his spot tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Tides_of_Change View Post
    If anyone would be honest, most of us could see Eddie succumbing to the toe injury and caving to the mantra Yeldon was growing almost from day one. I'll say I was seeing TJ eventually take over the top spot about five games in while Lacy, even if still contributing, moved into a second-fiddle position. But these last five or six weeks, against the toughest meat of the schedule, have seen Lacy finally heal up and he's commanding just about the same amount of respect as his predecessors.

He's a leader out there, and Yeldon's talent notwithstanding, he's surprisingly asserted himself psychologically as the number one back from here on out. I don't see how anyone could debate that. Great job, Cyclone!
    Terrific and much needed threaD. Eddie was great and deserving of his MVP. Hooray for Eddie Lacy.

BamaNation Second Team
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

BamaNation First Team
    Post Thanks / Like

Totally agree. I thought the same early on and mid-way: Lacy will never really heal, Yeldon is getting better and better, it's just a matter of time. Glad to be wrong. Yeldon did get better and better, but Lacy ran his best in the biggest games. Legacy cemented.

BamaNation Hall of Fame TideFan in AU's Avatar
    Almost close enough to the pasture to smell it!
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

I'm so happy for Eddie! I've said it before, but he's one of my all-time favorites!
    “And the roses in this grand ol’ stadium are once again Crimson!” - Eli Gold, Jan 7th, 2010

Alabama wasn’t just dominating Monday night. They were some word that has yet to be invented in the English language. - Aaron Torres, Jan 10th, 2012

"If this was a prize fight, they'd call it off!" - Brent Musberger, Jan 7th, 2013

BamaNation First Team marcusroby's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Props to Eddie Lacey!

Post Thanks / Like

Eddie played a heck of a game tonight. I loved seeing the passion he played with, especially the dive for the TD after being denied on the previous possession. Reminded me a lot of how Ingram took over the game in the second half of the '09 BCSNCG.
    Discipline.
    Commitment.
    Effort.
    Toughness.
    Pride.
    (http://www.tuscaloosanews.com/article/20100201/news/100209986)

BamaNation Hall of Fame TideMom2Boys's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Amused on TideFans.com

What a game for him, he is definitely going to be remembered as a great here at Alabama.
    Roll Tide

BamaNation All-American 230kv_barehand's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

He knew it was his time and boy did he shine! Congrats Eddie! Now he has a full month to heal and the rich get richer!

BamaNation All-SEC
    Post Thanks / Like

I had very similar thoughts about Lacy during the game. This was his year to be "the man" at RB and injuries have held him back but he came up huge today. I was very glad to see that because he has been a very good, hard working player for us the previous two seasons. He could have been a starter for most other teams but he played his role as backup to Trent. I would like for him to stick around one more year to really cap his career but I'm of the opinion that he will be gone after this season and that will be the right decision for him to make.

BamaNation Hall of Fame TideFan in AU's Avatar
    Almost close enough to the pasture to smell it!
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

I think back to this highlight reel. I knew Eddie would special the first time I saw it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PiwLZWUVbxQ
    “And the roses in this grand ol’ stadium are once again Crimson!” - Eli Gold, Jan 7th, 2010

Alabama wasn’t just dominating Monday night. They were some word that has yet to be invented in the English language. - Aaron Torres, Jan 10th, 2012

"If this was a prize fight, they'd call it off!" - Brent Musberger, Jan 7th, 2013

BamaNation Hall of Fame TideMom2Boys's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Amused on TideFans.com

I would love to see Ingram's reaction on the sidelines, I bet he is proud of him.
    Roll Tide

Suspended
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Psychedelic on TideFans.com

Eddie was running like a bull in a china shop! Congrats SECCG MVP!!