Freshman Appreciation

Everyone is giving praise tonight. Without Yel and Coop, we are sitting at home tonight watching someone else play. They are really grown, stand up guys. If we can't recruit them, who can?! That 45 bomb to Coop, all I saw was someone coming from under Julio's shadow. Yel the first freshman to hit 1000 yards rushing? You can't get any better than that! CHAMPS!

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA
This team could be overachieving by some's standards -- especially looking at our freshmen's performances. I try to remember that when I don't feel we're doing enough. Great win Bama! RTR!!! :BigA: :BigA: :BigA: :BigA: :BigA: :BigA: :BigA: :BigA: :BigA: :BigA: :BigA: :BigA: :BigA: :BigA:

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
It is good that we have some young skill position players because we may be lacking in the trenches a little bit next year. We shall see if we have some guys ready to step into larger roles on both offensive and defensive lines.

Stonewall1959

2nd Team
Oct 5, 2005
Macon, Georgia
There's an old football axiom that says that you'll lose about 1 game for every freshman you have in your starting lineup. Must not be talking about Alabama, eh? : )

Seriously, though, this is a very young Alabama team. For them to be where they are is nothing short of amazing. The future is very bright at The Capstone. Loving every minute of it.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
There must be a thousand high school recruits thinking...
'I might have a chance to play early at Alabama'.

It's self evident that Coach Saban plays the best players... even Freshmen.

I just hope there is a hotshot linebacker thinking... I could be their pass rusher.

Last edited:

CRMSNtide

1st Team
Jul 4, 2011
So much for all that, "gotta wait a few years to find out how this recruiting class turns out" stuff.
LOL, we got guys coming in right after high school that are playing like big dogs the first year.

Last edited:

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al
Yeldon and Cooper compare favorably to Ingram and Jones. They may eclipse what those two great players accomplished when all is said and done. Now if we can find another Barret Jones!

CRMSNtide

1st Team
Jul 4, 2011
Yeldon and Cooper compare favorably to Ingram and Jones. They may eclipse what those two great players accomplished when all is said and done. Now if we can find another Barret Jones!
Wouldn't it be great if Barrets' younger brother that plays LBer could come in and be a Barret Jones of the defensive side of the ball?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.