Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    BamaNation Hall of Fame CrimsonChuck's Avatar
    My Mood
    Sassy on TideFans.com

Re: 2013 BCS Championship Game Tickets

Quote Originally Posted by DiamondDust View Post
    If I remember correctly, the game against Texas had a much lower point threshold than the one against LSU last year based on the demands (Due to travel distance and such). I'd imagine the threshold will be around wherever it was for the LSU game.
    One other difference that decreased demand was that the Rose Bowl has over 100K seats..
    Lucky #13

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame DiamondDust's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonChuck View Post
    One other difference that decreased demand was that the Rose Bowl has over 100K seats..
    Agreed 100%.
    “We have 45 men suited up. They're all supposed to be ready to play.”

-Bill Belichick

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

I wish this game was in Pasadena. I went last time. Great place to go in January.

For that game, my StubHub ticket on the goal line, row 23 cost over $1200. I bought in mid December and prices to my knowledge never dropped.

BamaNation First Team jeffs4thetide's Avatar
    My Mood
    Worried on TideFans.com

Size of the stadium really doesn't matter that much. In 2009 Alabama received an alotment of 19,000 tickets, last year we received 17,000. The biggest factor is the logistics of the trip. New Orleans was easy for everyone, where Pasadena isn't drivable for most people. The thing now is even though there are those that won't want to make the trip to Miami due to the 11-12 hour drive, they are still going to order their tickets to sell them in the secondary market. That is the reason you are starting to see many people selling there tickets right now without having the seat location. I believe last year, they made facilty/graduate students pick their tickets up in New Orleans to try to prevent reselling. They were just picking them up and selling them down there without going to the game. Until they come up with some system that will decrease reselling, the problem is going to continue to get worse. Put it this way, if I were to get tickets this year, I could sell two for 3K. Pocket the 600.00 it cost me to get them, then donate the rest to the Crimson Tide Foundation. $2400.00 @ 3pts per $100 would earn me an additional 72 points. Do that every year we go, I would be getting up there in no time.

BamaNation First Team bamafan76's Avatar
    My Mood
    Happy on TideFans.com

I was able to land 2 for the 2009 trip to Pasadena through TP after the second round of offerings, missed out on last year, and hoping I land 2 this time around. My point total in '09 was about 130, I'm now up over 225 so here's to hoping!!!
    TIDE FAN FROM TIGERLAND

In memory of Joe Lynn Casey
    07/28/53 - 09/26/13
    "ROLL TIDE"

BamaNation All-SEC WylieTexasTider's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by jeffs4thetide View Post
    Size of the stadium really doesn't matter that much. In 2009 Alabama received an alotment of 19,000 tickets, last year we received 17,000. The biggest factor is the logistics of the trip. New Orleans was easy for everyone, where Pasadena isn't drivable for most people. The thing now is even though there are those that won't want to make the trip to Miami due to the 11-12 hour drive, they are still going to order their tickets to sell them in the secondary market. That is the reason you are starting to see many people selling there tickets right now without having the seat location. I believe last year, they made facilty/graduate students pick their tickets up in New Orleans to try to prevent reselling. They were just picking them up and selling them down there without going to the game. Until they come up with some system that will decrease reselling, the problem is going to continue to get worse. Put it this way, if I were to get tickets this year, I could sell two for 3K. Pocket the 600.00 it cost me to get them, then donate the rest to the Crimson Tide Foundation. $2400.00 @ 3pts per $100 would earn me an additional 72 points. Do that every year we go, I would be getting up there in no time.
    when I saw Bruce Springsteen 10 years ago all tickets were Will Call only. Once you picked up with ID and CC used, they walked you into the arena. I know a ticket broker who was ....ed b/c they were shut out... Would not be hard to encrypt a name and address into the ticket to where when it is scanned you have to show photo ID if your ID does not match, you don't get in...
    "What happened yesterday is history. What happens tomorrow is a mystery. What we do today makes a difference - the precious present moment."-Nick Saban

BamaNation All-SEC WylieTexasTider's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by AlBamaWagg View Post
    Airfare, hotel, rental car and ticket for $1100? I'll take 4 of those deals right now and give you a finder's fee.
    If I had to pay for a ticket would've been about $1500 more... Believe it or not airfare is under $300 from Dallas. Hotels can be had for a reasonable price if your willing to stay N of Ft. Lauderdale. Boca may be about an hour drive but, worth it IMO.
    "What happened yesterday is history. What happens tomorrow is a mystery. What we do today makes a difference - the precious present moment."-Nick Saban

My Mood
    Cheerful on TideFans.com

2013 BCS Championship Game Tickets

Not to mention if you have friends or family living in the area, stay with them and defray the cost of your trip.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk
    Send me up some Pibb Extra and Golden Flake potato chips please

BamaNation Third Team

Does anyone know the face value of the tickets? I would think you have different price points, but what do a majority of the tickets go for, before the secondary market starts to set new values?

IIRC, the face value is $325-$350 from the info received from Tide Pride...
    Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant - "Show class, have pride, and display character. If you do, winning takes care of itself."

Thomas Jefferson - "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms."

BamaNation Second Team
    My Mood
    Blah on TideFans.com

350$ for ND alums, i hoping to go with my buddy. He is a former nd athlete. He told me he requested his max total of 2 for 350 a piece!
    RTR! GO CCU!

BamaNation Scout Team

I hear folks will find out about tickets on Wed - not sure if that is true or not. AAA Travel has a pretty awesome package with hotel, transfers, pre-game party, etc and Charter Air from Birmingham. If you don't get a ticket - tickets are available too!

Anyone get an email from Tide Pride yet about tickets? Notifications are supposed to be made no later than tomorrow based on the email that was sent out Sunday evening...
    Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant - "Show class, have pride, and display character. If you do, winning takes care of itself."

Thomas Jefferson - "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms."