Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Re: 2013 BCS Championship Game Tickets

Quote Originally Posted by JD95 View Post
    I'm getting 2 tickets from UA, but 502 points is exceptionally high for the cut-off. It suggests to me that just about every eligible Tide Pride member at the highest levels requested and received the maximum number of tickets (which for the very top is 8 per person). This may well prove to be the toughest college football ticket ever.
    I also got some positive news and I agree that everyone who could order tickets must have ordered them. This is going to be a super tough ticket. I heard that the Notre Dame AD said they could sell 100,000 tickets....I suspect Bama could do the same.
    Bama 870-314-44 72.6% On the field

23 SEC CHAMPIONSHIPS

2. Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by MOBILE-BAMA View Post
    Are you serious?? That sucks. Sorry man
    For certain. Oh well, there is a silver lining, of sorts. We were going to go to the game via a travel package we had picked out, but I wouldn't click the "pay" button until getting ticket confirmation (since it is non-refundable). When the cut off started at 440, I felt good about my chances, but that little nagging voice in the back of my mind kept saying you'd better wait. I guess there are times it is a good thing to hear "voices", lol.
    Watch your thoughts; they become words.
    Watch your words; they become actions.
    Watch your actions; they become habits.
    Watch your habits; they become character.
    Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.

Another year of no tickets for me, but I am not surprised. I was of course hopeful that I would get them and we could make the trip, but it will be TV for me. RTR!!
    Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant - "Show class, have pride, and display character. If you do, winning takes care of itself."

Thomas Jefferson - "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms."

My Mood
    Cheerful on TideFans.com

2013 BCS Championship Game Tickets

Just how many TP members are there? This whole TT points has really gotten out of control. I am not fortunate and rich enough do donate an extra few thousand dollars along with my 260 donation for 2 seats and the cost of 2 season ticket packages. I have 194 tt points and fell quite short of the cutoff. Oh well, that will be more money in my pocket.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk
    Send me up some Pibb Extra and Golden Flake potato chips please

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
    Just how many TP members are there? This whole TT points has really gotten out of control. I am not fortunate and rich enough do donate an extra few thousand dollars along with my 260 donation for 2 seats and the cost of 2 season ticket packages. I have 194 tt points and fell quite short of the cutoff. Oh well, that will be more money in my pocket.

Well, at least I know by the email that directly followed my denial, that my annual thousands will be justly rewarded with all the NC gear I can buy!!

BamaNation All-SEC

By the way, the email says tickets will be shipped next Friday 12/14. So people who are planning to sell the will have them in hand early the following week.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL!

No tickets for us, either. 501 cutoff! We'll never catch up the way they raise the bar every year.
    "I don't like to lose. I don't expect to lose." - Nick Saban

The reason so many of us received tix to Pasadena is the initial offering was 19k but they did a second offering after more allotment was obtained. I think both schools petitioned and got an extra couple thousand tix. The Rose Bowl has a higher seating capacity than any other BCS bowl site. It had been a while since we had been to the NC game. Now I think the cat is out of the bag with almost all fans knowing what those tix will fetch. If I did the math correctly 70% of the allotment would go to folks who own skyboxes and/or are Ivory Club Members because they get 8 tix a piece. That doesnt leave a whole lot for the rest of us - even the upper middle class TP fan.

My Mood
    Cheerful on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson57s View Post
    No tickets for us, either. 501 cutoff! We'll never catch up the way they raise the bar every year.
    I feel your pain. I have 194 and there is no way I am able to afford buying my way up the line.

Send me up some Pibb Extra and Golden Flake potato chips please

Quote Originally Posted by BamaMoon View Post
    Just a warning...not that you haven't heard this...but be careful about buying tickets from just anybody.

Last January in NOLA on the day after THE GAME I bumped into some folks I know and in our catching up they told me how they bought tickets two tickets off the street before the game. They paid $1700 for the pair and when they got to the gate their tickets didn't scan and were deemed "counterfeit." I asked them what they did and they said they went back to the hotel and watched it on TV.
    That happened to me in 2008 when OU played Florida. My buddy and I made the trip to South Beach without tickets and spend 800 each on tickets from a guy there that ended up being counterfeit. Major bummer.

Would be nice if the University would put a couple of students on a mission to find out who is scalping their BCS tickets on StubHub, etc.. then ban them from receiving post season tickets in the future. Lots of folks missing out this year with the point cut off over 500.... that is up +60 from last year. Wow!!

BamaNation First Team

Quote Originally Posted by Tixman View Post
    Would be nice if the University would put a couple of students on a mission to find out who is scalping their BCS tickets on StubHub, etc.. then ban them from receiving post season tickets in the future. Lots of folks missing out this year with the point cut off over 500.... that is up +60 from last year. Wow!!
    Do you know how much StubHub pays to advertise with the University and be the "official ticket broker"? The University encourages you to use StubHub, why would they ever ban you from getting tickets for reselling?

Quote Originally Posted by JDCrimson View Post
    The reason so many of us received tix to Pasadena is the initial offering was 19k but they did a second offering after more allotment was obtained. I think both schools petitioned and got an extra couple thousand tix. The Rose Bowl has a higher seating capacity than any other BCS bowl site. It had been a while since we had been to the NC game. Now I think the cat is out of the bag with almost all fans knowing what those tix will fetch. If I did the math correctly 70% of the allotment would go to folks who own skyboxes and/or are Ivory Club Members because they get 8 tix a piece. That doesnt leave a whole lot for the rest of us - even the upper middle class TP fan.
    I believe your math is a little off. I am not near box or Ivory club level and I am getting tickets.
    The problem is the limited supply. The championship game should allow more than 17,000 tickets per school. The stadium holds about 76,000....then at least 25,000 per school.
    Bama 870-314-44 72.6% On the field

23 SEC CHAMPIONSHIPS