Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Re: 2013 BCS Championship Game Tickets

Quote Originally Posted by GP for Bama View Post
    I believe your math is a little off. I am not near box or Ivory club level and I am getting tickets.
    The problem is the limited supply. The championship game should allow more than 17,000 tickets per school. The stadium holds about 76,000....then at least 25,000 per school.
    Typical bowl greed - happens every year in every bowl of significance. The schools are left explaining the fallout to their supporters.

2. Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by bama70 View Post
    I received the dreaded reject e-mail. Hopefully I will find some tickets in the secondary market. Either way I still plan on going to South Florida for the game even if I have to watch on television.
    I got my reject email as well. I then bought a travel package (land only since I live in Columbus, OH). I priced it all out and saved money on the tickets (versus stub hub) and on the hotel (versus what was on the other travel booking sites). I am staying in South Beach and have transportation to all of the parties and to the game. It was not cheap, but Miami is very expensive anyway, and this may be the toughest ticket ever.

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Yea I got rejected too.

My Mood
    Cheerful on TideFans.com

2013 BCS Championship Game Tickets

I'm curious to see the ones that got rejected and their TT points. I have 194 and I got rejected.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk
    Send me up some Pibb Extra and Golden Flake potato chips please

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
    I'm curious to see the ones that got rejected and their TT points. I have 194 and I got rejected.
    Someone here with 501 got bad news.

BamaNation First Team bamafan76's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Vinny, I'm at 230 and rejected.
    TIDE FAN FROM TIGERLAND

In memory of Joe Lynn Casey
    07/28/53 - 09/26/13
    "ROLL TIDE"

BamaNation All-American TIDEnGA's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

So here is the question I have. To catch up with everyone right now I'd probably have to donate at least $12,000. Many of you can write a check like that. I can't.

I have Tide Pride season tickets, but I'll never be able to get bowl tickets like this through our current system. Do I continue to pay the market value at places like StubHub for thousands of dollars or make a lump sum donation and at least have a chance at face value at Tide Pride? Decisions, decisions.

Its a problem no doubt, I dont understand why the bowls want to keep half the stadium capacity for their own use. The tickets have to be bought by someone. Personally, I believe what's really going on is the bowl is actually scalping the tickets themselves and pocketing the profits over and above the face value of the ticket. If they are not doing that, then to me they are really maximizing the benefit of the local economy because with no more allotment than the schools get - that is less confirmed fans coming in from out of town. If they were to open it up to more fans then you could stimulate the local economy further.

Its pretty saddening that I would have to donate somewhere around 20k just to be on the fringe of consideration for postseason football tickets. I wished the University would be more aggressive for the fans in getting a greater allotment.

For those of us looking on secondary markets for tickets, anybody know which stadium section numbers are on the tickets shipped to Alabama? I have searched and can't find that info.

My Mood
    Cheerful on TideFans.com

2013 BCS Championship Game Tickets

I saw that 501 one, that is such a shame. The whole thing is. I have a feeling this will get even worse once everyone learns the game and starts donating like crazy to catch up. That's not happening for me because I just have too many expenses that will prevent me from doing something like that. I'm lucky I can still afford to keep my tickets. I tell you its getting tougher and tougher as each year goes by.

Send me up some Pibb Extra and Golden Flake potato chips please

BamaNation First Team Im_on_dsp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JDCrimson View Post
    I dont understand why the bowls want to keep half the stadium capacity for their own use. The tickets have to be bought by someone.
    That's an easy one, they are sold to businesses and those businesses dole them out to the sales staff to give to their best customers, or people they hope will become their best customers. UPS, GE, FedEx, Caterpillar, Coca-Cola, blah blah blah. They buy up the majority of the tickets to the Super Bowl, NBA finals, the BCSCG. Just ask the guy sitting next to you at the game where he got his tickets. Chances are he'll tell you he got them from a sales rep at Corporation X.

502 you were in
    501 you were out

I have 102, I am just going to home games and having a good time. We've never won at a bowl game I've been to anyway.
    Last edited by TIDE24; December 7th, 2012 at 01:33 PM.
    Roll Tide

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by TIDEnGA View Post
    So here is the question I have. To catch up with everyone right now I'd probably have to donate at least $12,000. Many of you can write a check like that. I can't.

I have Tide Pride season tickets, but I'll never be able to get bowl tickets like this through our current system. Do I continue to pay the market value at places like StubHub for thousands of dollars or make a lump sum donation and at least have a chance at face value at Tide Pride? Decisions, decisions.
    I say save your bucks.
    First, even with a big donation, you are not guaranteed to receive priority.
    Second, you'd have to keep up a higher level of donation each year just to compete.
    Third, this incredible run of NCs is just not going to last (especially once a playoff kicks in)

I was amazed at how high SECCG tix got ... but a day before the the game, you could get tix for under $300 on Stub Hub. Same will happen for this game. The market is now officially flooded.