2013 BCS Championship Game Tickets

bigwillokc

Dec 4, 2012
Just a warning...not that you haven't heard this...but be careful about buying tickets from just anybody.

Last January in NOLA on the day after THE GAME I bumped into some folks I know and in our catching up they told me how they bought tickets two tickets off the street before the game. They paid $1700 for the pair and when they got to the gate their tickets didn't scan and were deemed "counterfeit." I asked them what they did and they said they went back to the hotel and watched it on TV.
That happened to me in 2008 when OU played Florida. My buddy and I made the trip to South Beach without tickets and spend 800 each on tickets from a guy there that ended up being counterfeit. Major bummer.

Tixman

BamaNation Citizen
Sep 10, 2007
Bham
www.magiccitymerchandising.com
Would be nice if the University would put a couple of students on a mission to find out who is scalping their BCS tickets on StubHub, etc.. then ban them from receiving post season tickets in the future. Lots of folks missing out this year with the point cut off over 500.... that is up +60 from last year. Wow!!

CmdrThor

1st Team
Oct 29, 2008
Marietta, GA
Would be nice if the University would put a couple of students on a mission to find out who is scalping their BCS tickets on StubHub, etc.. then ban them from receiving post season tickets in the future. Lots of folks missing out this year with the point cut off over 500.... that is up +60 from last year. Wow!!
Do you know how much StubHub pays to advertise with the University and be the "official ticket broker"? The University encourages you to use StubHub, why would they ever ban you from getting tickets for reselling?

GP for Bama

All-American
Feb 3, 2011
The reason so many of us received tix to Pasadena is the initial offering was 19k but they did a second offering after more allotment was obtained. I think both schools petitioned and got an extra couple thousand tix. The Rose Bowl has a higher seating capacity than any other BCS bowl site. It had been a while since we had been to the NC game. Now I think the cat is out of the bag with almost all fans knowing what those tix will fetch. If I did the math correctly 70% of the allotment would go to folks who own skyboxes and/or are Ivory Club Members because they get 8 tix a piece. That doesnt leave a whole lot for the rest of us - even the upper middle class TP fan.
I believe your math is a little off. I am not near box or Ivory club level and I am getting tickets.
The problem is the limited supply. The championship game should allow more than 17,000 tickets per school. The stadium holds about 76,000....then at least 25,000 per school.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I believe your math is a little off. I am not near box or Ivory club level and I am getting tickets.
The problem is the limited supply. The championship game should allow more than 17,000 tickets per school. The stadium holds about 76,000....then at least 25,000 per school.
Typical bowl greed - happens every year in every bowl of significance. The schools are left explaining the fallout to their supporters.

ColumbusTide

1st Team
Jan 10, 2007
I received the dreaded reject e-mail. Hopefully I will find some tickets in the secondary market. Either way I still plan on going to South Florida for the game even if I have to watch on television.
I got my reject email as well. I then bought a travel package (land only since I live in Columbus, OH). I priced it all out and saved money on the tickets (versus stub hub) and on the hotel (versus what was on the other travel booking sites). I am staying in South Beach and have transportation to all of the parties and to the game. It was not cheap, but Miami is very expensive anyway, and this may be the toughest ticket ever.

Vinny

Hall of Fame
Sep 27, 2001
Rockaway, NJ
I'm curious to see the ones that got rejected and their TT points. I have 194 and I got rejected.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk

TIDEnGA

All-American
Sep 25, 2007
Opelika, AL
So here is the question I have. To catch up with everyone right now I'd probably have to donate at least $12,000. Many of you can write a check like that. I can't.

I have Tide Pride season tickets, but I'll never be able to get bowl tickets like this through our current system. Do I continue to pay the market value at places like StubHub for thousands of dollars or make a lump sum donation and at least have a chance at face value at Tide Pride? Decisions, decisions.

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006
Its a problem no doubt, I dont understand why the bowls want to keep half the stadium capacity for their own use. The tickets have to be bought by someone. Personally, I believe what's really going on is the bowl is actually scalping the tickets themselves and pocketing the profits over and above the face value of the ticket. If they are not doing that, then to me they are really maximizing the benefit of the local economy because with no more allotment than the schools get - that is less confirmed fans coming in from out of town. If they were to open it up to more fans then you could stimulate the local economy further.

Its pretty saddening that I would have to donate somewhere around 20k just to be on the fringe of consideration for postseason football tickets. I wished the University would be more aggressive for the fans in getting a greater allotment.

jabcmb

All-American
Feb 1, 2006
Birmingham, AL
For those of us looking on secondary markets for tickets, anybody know which stadium section numbers are on the tickets shipped to Alabama? I have searched and can't find that info.

Vinny

Hall of Fame
Sep 27, 2001
Rockaway, NJ
I saw that 501 one, that is such a shame. The whole thing is. I have a feeling this will get even worse once everyone learns the game and starts donating like crazy to catch up. That's not happening for me because I just have too many expenses that will prevent me from doing something like that. I'm lucky I can still afford to keep my tickets. I tell you its getting tougher and tougher as each year goes by.

Im_on_dsp

All-SEC
Oct 10, 2007
Canton, GA
I dont understand why the bowls want to keep half the stadium capacity for their own use. The tickets have to be bought by someone.
That's an easy one, they are sold to businesses and those businesses dole them out to the sales staff to give to their best customers, or people they hope will become their best customers. UPS, GE, FedEx, Caterpillar, Coca-Cola, blah blah blah. They buy up the majority of the tickets to the Super Bowl, NBA finals, the BCSCG. Just ask the guy sitting next to you at the game where he got his tickets. Chances are he'll tell you he got them from a sales rep at Corporation X.

TIDE24

1st Team
Jan 12, 2000
Bartlett, TN
I'm curious to see the ones that got rejected and their TT points. I have 194 and I got rejected.

502 you were in
501 you were out

I have 102, I am just going to home games and having a good time. We've never won at a bowl game I've been to anyway.

Last edited:

BocaLance

All-American
Oct 18, 2001
Douglasville (Atlanta), GA
So here is the question I have. To catch up with everyone right now I'd probably have to donate at least $12,000. Many of you can write a check like that. I can't.

I have Tide Pride season tickets, but I'll never be able to get bowl tickets like this through our current system. Do I continue to pay the market value at places like StubHub for thousands of dollars or make a lump sum donation and at least have a chance at face value at Tide Pride? Decisions, decisions.
I say save your bucks.
First, even with a big donation, you are not guaranteed to receive priority.
Second, you'd have to keep up a higher level of donation each year just to compete.
Third, this incredible run of NCs is just not going to last (especially once a playoff kicks in)

I was amazed at how high SECCG tix got ... but a day before the the game, you could get tix for under $300 on Stub Hub. Same will happen for this game. The market is now officially flooded.

ColumbusTide

1st Team
Jan 10, 2007
For those of us looking on secondary markets for tickets, anybody know which stadium section numbers are on the tickets shipped to Alabama? I have searched and can't find that info.
Bama is the visitor. All of the visitor side is open for Bama. Some of those tickets will be had by ticket resellers who are offering the packages and some will be corporate, but it is safe to assume that you will be around more Bama fans if you buy on the visitor side of the stadium. I bought an Alabama package with tickets in the upper deck between the end line and the 20 yard line.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.