Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    BamaNation All-American

Re: Lacy "fumble" on the goal line (pic)

Quote Originally Posted by tidefan26 View Post
    The offical running down the goal line in the back ground disagrees with your geometry.
    This! I guess it depends on how you want to see it. Its clearly a touchdown and I thought so while watching the game. The announcers were so excited about the fumble they completely ignored it may have been a TD. Apparently the replay official felt the same way.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation First Team

I laid a 12" ruler over the pic- actually the Geometry's Guys line are about right.
    My complaints on the Refs - nearly every big pass, and a couple of big runs, for UGA there was Massave, Obvious, and Multiple HOLDING. Danielson even mentioned it on one of the big runs.
    The block in the back on their lone descent punt return.(everybody in the nation caught that one except the refs.
    Millner gets a gouge toward the eyes through the face mask, protects his eyes and gets a flag.
    YES they did miss the cheap shot by Dial- that is exactly what it was, no need trying to spin it.

BamaNation Second Team 4Bama2win's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by thunderz7 View Post
    I laid a 12" ruler over the pic- actually the Geometry's Guys line are about right.
    My complaints on the Refs - nearly every big pass, and a couple of big runs, for UGA there was Massave, Obvious, and Multiple HOLDING. Danielson even mentioned it on one of the big runs.
    The block in the back on their lone descent punt return.(everybody in the nation caught that one except the refs.
    Millner gets a gouge toward the eyes through the face mask, protects his eyes and gets a flag.
    YES they did miss the cheap shot by Dial- that is exactly what it was, no need trying to spin it.

So you're telling me that big fat lineman is bent over on all fours with both hands and both knees and one foot in the endzone, but only part of his helmet is in the endzone.

This picture needs to be sent to the SEC officials, Mr. Slive, Coach Saban, Georgia's Coach, and Georgia fans all over the world. That would have been "7" points instead of what was to become an interception in the end zone.
    "Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, Give me Liberty, or give me Death!" Patrick Henry

Quote Originally Posted by Stonewall1959 View Post
    Yeah, never could see it on the video replays, but that's a pretty clear photo of a TD. Glad it didn't matter in the end.
    ^this...
    The CBS replay angles were bad on this one...with all the cameras on the field (aren't there like 20?) how could you not have a camera angle looking straight across the plain of each goal line? It's one of the most important areas of the field and important to BOTH teams.

Just glad it didn't cost us in this one.

BamaNation Hall of Fame BamaJama17's Avatar
    My Mood
    Happy on TideFans.com

It looked like he broke the plain from that angle. Fortunately for us that did not matter in the end.

BamaNation All-American NationalTitles15's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

I don't think the camera angle or the crown of the field are being properly accounted for.
    Roll Tide Roll!!!

BamaNation All-American NationalTitles15's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

No spin. Good hit.
    Roll Tide Roll!!!

From that angle or any angle, that's a TD!
    "Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, Give me Liberty, or give me Death!" Patrick Henry

BamaNation Hall of Fame Tide1986's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Lassr4Bama View Post
    That view does not show the goal line and the ball crossing it. With that angle the ball could be an inch short. It appears to be touching the line but there is no conclusive view. It cannot be overturned on that view. The view up the goal line was blocked by a player.
    It's no less conclusive than the replay that overturned Milliner's interception.
    The Concord Blue Devils, 16-Time World Champions: 2014 (99.65), 2012, 2010, 2009, 2007, 2003, 1999, 1997, 1996, 1994, 1986, 1982, 1980, 1979, 1977, & 1976. Enriching the lives of young people through a commitment to youth development and performance excellence.

“The discovery of a wine is of greater moment than the discovery of a constellation. The universe is too full of stars.” ― Benjamin Franklin

The angle does not make it absolute. Does anyone remember an early third and long where they got a first down over the middle..........the ball was trapped imo.

BamaNation All-SEC
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by bamaslammer View Post
    Refs had a bad night, no getting around it.
    I think both teams could have had a beef on a few plays. Both teams did get breaks however. And there is no accounting for giving up 500+ yards offense either. Bama earned and won it!
    “That issue has gone under the bridge, under the next bridge, over the next dam and is gone.”
    -CNS

BamaNation All-SEC
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Not a cheap shot. Most people who have never played football may not have experienced their coaches telling them: if someone is standing around on a punt return or if a QB moves towards the play after an interception, NAIL THEM! Totally legal.
    “That issue has gone under the bridge, under the next bridge, over the next dam and is gone.”
    -CNS