CoAch Nuss - great second half calls

JIB

Suspended
Nov 2, 2011
Sterrett
I know many of us have been critical of CDN, but he did a great job tonight, especially in the second half. The PA pass TD to Cooper was set up perfectly. I think he now knows what we have in the run game.

On another note, Bama made a lot of mistakes - fumble at the goal line, INT on the best play, delay of game on the fake punt, not playing the UGA fake punt right, the blocked FG for a TD. The lost fumble. I think Bama could have easily won the game by 14+ without the mistakes, which makes the win even more impressive.

tru2thaduce

All-SEC
Nov 25, 2005
Wichita,Kansas
Had we committed to the run like this against the Aggies then we would be undefeated.Id say coach Nuss learned from that game and it may well have been a blessing in disguise.Our O line lived up to the hype today.

fralo4tide

1st Team
Jun 4, 2009
Pensacola, FL
After the way he called the 3rd quarter tonight, I'm guessing he would like to have the opportunity to re-do the last drive against the Aggies.

cooleddie

1st Team
Jul 27, 2003
pensacola,fl
I agree with you about the 2nd half. He redeemed himself in my eyes because I was very frustrated with the first half calls to say the least.

257WBY

Suspended
Aug 20, 2011
All the hitch passes to Cooper set up the long one. Of course, I was calling for the pass a bit earlier than it came. Honestly, when you have the best interior O Line in America, running the ball makes a lot of sense. Not a whole lot of genius there.

JIB

Suspended
Nov 2, 2011
Sterrett
But what's impressive isn't just that we ran it, which was common sense, but that we ran it so much. CDN has had a tendency to get cute, but Bama just ran it up the guy over and over again. At one point we averaged 12 yards per carry for two TD drives.

thunderz7

1st Team
Nov 6, 2001
northeast alabama usa
Obvious to anyone with eyes - Bama's O is so much better with #10 UNDER CENTER.
Quick running plays get the back to the line SO much faster.
Play action is MUCH MORE effective.
Even the delay plays seem to go better.
The O-line makes some of the shotgun and pistol runs go better in spit of the plays being so telegraphed.
Seems our QB has just as much time dropping to pass from under center as he has from the gun.

Clubfitter

Hall of Fame
Feb 21, 2009
Meridianville, Al
www.amtrustwebsite.com
After all of AJ's success going back to last years Auburn's game and the last drive in the LSU game I believe it was hard to take the game out of AJ's hands and put it on the OL and RB's backs. But he did and it was the right decision and it worked last night.

Florida Tom

All-American
Aug 15, 2011
Tampa, FL
I remember the critical 3 & 13 middle of the 3rd qtr, we get 15 yard run from Lacy.
but right after we get the blocked FG.

I like Nuss, I just hope he listens to CNS. Sometimes fancy don't get it. We have some outstanding receivers but the mix to me has been to much on the pass side. I know he will have his hands full with ND Defense & it may be like the LSU game last year where we threw the ball all over the place.

I did not think at the first of the year that this team had the talent for a NC run but just look at them, now. The scores Alabama has posted are something from long past.

TidefaninOS

All-SEC
Feb 14, 2009
Ocean Springs, MS
I remember the critical 3 & 13 middle of the 3rd qtr, we get 15 yard run from Lacy.
but right after we get the blocked FG.

I like Nuss, I just hope he listens to CNS. Sometimes fancy don't get it. We have some outstanding receivers but the mix to me has been to much on the pass side. I know he will have his hands full with ND Defense & it may be like the LSU game last year where we threw the ball all over the place.

I did not think at the first of the year that this team had the talent for a NC run but just look at them, now. The scores Alabama has posted are something from long past.
Oh, I'm sure he does, 'cause if he didn't, he'd be looking for a job!:wink:

I hate to take any credit, but I think he finally heard me yelling (from South Mississippi)....RUN THE BALL! RUN THE BALL!:smile:

miggy402

1st Team
Aug 23, 2009
Waycross, GA
Barrett Jones said we ran the same zone running play five straight times on their second of back-to-back touchdown drives after Georgia went ahead 21-10.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.