Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    BamaNation First Team
    My Mood
    Fine on TideFans.com

Re: To david pollack, cbs, espn, verne & gary and to all that was biased toward bama

Quote Originally Posted by richmond2ttown View Post
    It was a great game...why get bogged down in the weeds worrying about what a specific announcer said or how he said it. We get plenty of compliments from numerous announcers. We sound like spoiled petulant whining kids because we whine and complain about announcers and refs...AFTER a win. If it's that tortuous, then turn off your TV and listen to Eli.
    Great plate!

I actually found relief turning off all sound for most of te second half. Very calming.

2. Advertisement
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

To david pollack, cbs, espn, verne & gary and to all that was biased toward bama !

We won
    "I didn't come to Alabama to win 10 games a year and be a contender. I came here to win championships. Conference championships and national championships. I love it here because that's just not what I want, but what this fanbase expects."
    --Alabama Head Football Coach, Nick Saban

“Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on it’s ability to climb a tree, it will spend it’s whole life believing it is stupid.” — Albert Einstein

BamaNation Second Team MasterGracey's Avatar

To david pollack, cbs, espn, verne & gary and to all that was biased toward bama !

I'd like to see one concrete example of Gary showing a definitive bias against Bama. Just one.

Him stating an opinion of disagreement with an official's call, or lack thereof, is not a bias. If you want to be told what you WANT to hear, mute the TV and listen to Eli.

BamaNation Hall of Fame DiamondDust's Avatar

Re: To david pollack, cbs, espn, verne & gary and to all that was biased toward bama

The most annoying part of yesterday was sitting in front of a guy who thought every word out of Danielson's mouth was anti-Alabama and made it a point to loudly tell the bar his thoughts.

Thinking announcers/pundits/etc. are biased against your team is the laziest crutch sports fans have.
    “We have 45 men suited up. They're all supposed to be ready to play.”

-Bill Belichick

BamaNation Second Team

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey View Post
    I'd like to see one concrete example of Gary showing a definitive bias against Bama. Just one.

Him stating an opinion of disagreement with an official's call, or lack thereof, is not a bias. If you want to be told what you WANT to hear, mute the TV and listen to Eli.
    This right here. The people always talking about announcer bias against Alabama kill me. Tevo some proof. Put it on Youtube. Or just give it up.

I think some people truly expect Danielson to say: "Now, super handsome McCarron rolls out of the pocket like a gazelle behind the blocking of the finest group of humanitarian offensive linemen to ever lace it up. He sees Cooper, who would hold all Olympic sprint records if he were not too busy developing new quantum physics theories in the off-season. The slack-jawed grossly overmatched Georgia defenders have no chance. AJ releases the ball into the tightest spiral ever thrown, and it lands with military missile precision in Cooper's arms for another TD for the only college football team that is or ever was. If only Coach Bryant, the greatest coach of all time, were here to see this display, but rest assured fans, Saban is the only man on the planet that is worthy to bask in the Crimson glow emanating from the field. Verne, can you just hold me for a second while I soak it in regarding how lucky we are to be in the presence of the Bama nation."

Quote Originally Posted by DiamondDust View Post
    The most annoying part of yesterday was sitting in front of a guy who thought every word out of Danielson's mouth was anti-Alabama and made it a point to loudly tell the bar his thoughts.

Thinking announcers/pundits/etc. are biased against your team is the laziest crutch sports fans have.
    Amen...let's show a little class here, Bama fans. I think Gary and Verne have their faults, but "homering" is not one of them.
    "The greatest evil in the world is not 'not knowing;' it is not knowing that you do not know." Alfred North Whitehead

BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by WMack4Bama View Post
    We won
    'Nuff said...

BamaNation Hall of Fame TideMom2Boys's Avatar
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Padreruf View Post
    Amen...let's show a little class here, Bama fans. I think Gary and Verne have their faults, but "homering" is not one of them.

Yeah, I went back and watched some of the game. They were fine, I am still glad I listened to Eli during the game. Eli calms you down a bit with him optimism.

With that said, Verne had some great calls of the plays, the cooper touchdown showed his enthusiasm in his voice.
    Roll Tide

BamaNation All-American CaliforniaTide's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mellow on TideFans.com

My only problem with Verne/Gary is that they won't quit talking sometimes. But I know on national TV, that won't happen with any commentating group. They kept talking about the non-PI call tipped/not-tipped pass over and over, despite that the game had more than moved on from that play in the game.
    It's the edge of the world
    And all of Western civilization
    The sun may rise in the East
    At least it settles in its final location
    It's understood that Hollywood
    Sells Californication - Red Hot Chili Peppers in Californication

Look at that dude go all Dareus on that colt...

BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

I like Son of Daniel. Verne is funny as well. I don't see the bias. However, his love affair with everything Tebow got to me.

Suspended
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Gary has a red hand print on his face after calling his wife Murray late last night.

BamaNation First Team

I don't think that they are biased just bad. They constantly mess up names, downs, stats, and who is in the game. I have no sympathy for them. They are paid well. It is not too much to ask to be able to pronounce people's names correctly. They can't look on the field and see who is in the game. Give me a break. They didn't know Brandon Ivory was in the game last night. Gary couldn't read the rushing stat sheet correctly, and I can give you example after example of people's names being butchered. I have no idea who Orlando McCain is. Bama had a LB named Rolando McClain though. They are clowns, but I have to say if I was in entertainment I would hire their agent in a heartbeat. The guy is amazing to get those two goofs money for the job they do. They should be paid in cheese and root beer.

BamaNation First Team Alajambama's Avatar
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

I don't know if you can call it biased or not, but Gary and Verne sounded like Georgia radio network announcers every single time UGA did something good or Bama did something bad, they got very excited and you could hear it. They DID NOT show the same enthusiasim when Bama did something good. I'm just sayin'.
    The best thing to ever come out of Tennessee...I-65 heading south.