Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 27 to 39 of 67
  1. #27
    BamaNation First Team CrimSonami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Ardmore, AL; too close to 10erC
    Posts
    772
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

    Re: To david pollack, cbs, espn, verne & gary and to all that was biased toward bama

    Quote Originally Posted by bigjue24 View Post
    I don't think that they are biased just bad. They constantly mess up names, downs, stats, and who is in the game. I have no sympathy for them. They are paid well. It is not too much to ask to be able to pronounce people's names correctly. They can't look on the field and see who is in the game. Give me a break. They didn't know Brandon Ivory was in the game last night. Gary couldn't read the rushing stat sheet correctly, and I can give you example after example of people's names being butchered. I have no idea who Orlando McCain is. Bama had a LB named Rolando McClain though. They are clowns, but I have to say if I was in entertainment I would hire their agent in a heartbeat. The guy is amazing to get those two goofs money for the job they do. They should be paid in cheese and root beer.
    IMO........ They do have biased undertones at times but I think it's primarily due to "BAMA FATIGUE". As well as Gary announced at one point that UGA had a new running back by the name of "TJ Gurley". I know he crossed up Yeldon and Gurley, but still Verne is rubbing off on Gary a bit because he's constantly trying to compensate and/or justify Vern's gaffe's. I do have to admit though its entertaining at times during the blowout games.

    And as far as the "LATE HIT" on Aaron Muray......... At the time he was leveled the interception had occurred and at that point was a defensive player. He was making an attempt to get into the running lane of the returner when he was hit. Nothing late about that at all. Was it helmet to helmet? Gotta say it was close but they carried that one a bit too far.

    We won. We're in. On to the Irish now.

    RTR!!!

  2. Advertisement
  3. #28
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Posts
    7,433
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

    Re: To david pollack, cbs, espn, verne & gary and to all that was biased toward bama

    My only problem was that I felt that Gary was leading with Georgia, like he was trying to coax them along in the earlier parts of the game.

    I have noticed that it is much harder to detect any bias on the 2nd viewing, if there is any to begin with. A lot of this is in our heads

    I do know that Gary is a Gurley's Girlie.

  4. #29
    Moderator Ldlane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Shonto, Arizona, United States
    Posts
    11,483
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

    Re: To david pollack, cbs, espn, verne & gary and to all that was biased toward bama

    Why should anyone of us even care? If you think that there is a "black helicopters" conspiracy against us, then you are always going to be insecure about being a Bamafan. If you think that the "Media" is just the "Media" and you understand that 1) Media and Journalism throughout history have never been "unbiased", 2). Historically US Media puts you on a pedestal and then knocks you down. then you can look the other way. Be a secure Bamafan and you will live a long stress free life!
    Football changes and so do people. - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

  5. #30
    BamaNation First Team scoretide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Boaz, Alabama
    Posts
    264
    Thread Starter

    Re: To david pollack, cbs, espn, verne & gary and to all that was biased toward bama

    MY POINT RIGHT ON TARGET! It is like it broke their heart everytime bama did something right
    Quote Originally Posted by Alajambama View Post
    I don't know if you can call it biased or not, but Gary and Verne sounded like Georgia radio network announcers every single time UGA did something good or Bama did something bad, they got very excited and you could hear it. They DID NOT show the same enthusiasim when Bama did something good. I'm just sayin'.
    "saban has awoken a sleeping GIANT"

  6. #31
    BamaNation Hall of Fame DiamondDust's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Tuscaloosa, Alabama, United States
    Posts
    15,158

    Re: To david pollack, cbs, espn, verne & gary and to all that was biased toward bama

    Quote Originally Posted by scoretide View Post
    MY POINT RIGHT ON TARGET! It is like it broke their heart everytime bama did something right
    And you honestly let that get to you during the game?
    “We have 45 men suited up. They're all supposed to be ready to play.”

    -Bill Belichick

  7. #32
    BamaNation All-American theballguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Posts
    2,050
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

    Re: To david pollack, cbs, espn, verne & gary and to all that was biased toward bama

    Quote Originally Posted by hollisx4 View Post
    One of my favorite things to do is get on the other teams message board during our games with them and most of the time the fans are whining about how the announcers hate them.

    I think it's just human nature in all of us to think that.
    80% of the time this is true. Guilty (raises hand) ... it's just easier to admit after a win than after a loss :-D ... but no one can say team bias doesn't exist among sportscasters.
    Roll Tide Roll!!!

  8. #33
    BamaNation All-American Matt0424's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Sylacauga, AL
    Posts
    2,491

    Re: To david pollack, cbs, espn, verne & gary and to all that was biased toward bama

    Anyone who thought they were pro-Georgia last night is wearing overly Crimson colored glasses. I commented, several times to those around me, how unbiased Danielson was being... He praised Alabama a ton last night. Some of his opinions favor Georgia, but they have to..they're HIS opinions. Yeah he said the block on Murray should have been penalized (which 9 out of 10 times it would have, whether it should have been or not), but he made sure to follow that with "Let me make it clear, it would be Alabama's ball regardless...just 15 yards back on starting position".

    Some of you just WANT to be hated by the pundits... Pollack was very professional for a Georgia Alumn, and even picked us to win... ESPN HAS to try and make it look like a good match up, which means they need to hype Georgia more then us...that's not a bias, that's hedging their bets since they host the BCSNCG. Is CBS bias? No...now Brando is a homer, but as an overall entity...I am sure Bama makes them the most money, they love us. Verne and Gary have to try, as analysts, to "even things out" on the field as much as possible. Since we are always the favorites, they are more critical of us....and when underdogs do well, they praise them a ton. That keeps the excitement level in the game up, and keeps the talking heads talking...

    Geez...

  9. #34
    BamaNation Hall of Fame TideMom2Boys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    8,018
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

    Re: To david pollack, cbs, espn, verne & gary and to all that was biased toward bama

    I think Gary and Vern are more for a good game than anything. They like the "underdog" to get something and frankly...Georgia was the underdog coming into the game. So they were excited that it was a good game and Georgia had come to play. They weren't against Bama, just expected us to win the game.



    The only reason I didn't listen..is they talk too much and make mistakes during the game. Also, when we were down, I would rather listen to Eli and his high spirits.
    Roll Tide

  10. #35
    BamaNation Hall of Fame DiamondDust's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Tuscaloosa, Alabama, United States
    Posts
    15,158

    Re: To david pollack, cbs, espn, verne & gary and to all that was biased toward bama

    Quote Originally Posted by Matt0424 View Post
    Anyone who thought they were pro-Georgia last night is wearing overly Crimson colored glasses. I commented, several times to those around me, how unbiased Danielson was being... He praised Alabama a ton last night. Some of his opinions favor Georgia, but they have to..they're HIS opinions. Yeah he said the block on Murray should have been penalized (which 9 out of 10 times it would have, whether it should have been or not), but he made sure to follow that with "Let me make it clear, it would be Alabama's ball regardless...just 15 yards back on starting position".

    Some of you just WANT to be hated by the pundits... Pollack was very professional for a Georgia Alumn, and even picked us to win... ESPN HAS to try and make it look like a good match up, which means they need to hype Georgia more then us...that's not a bias, that's hedging their bets since they host the BCSNCG. Is CBS bias? No...now Brando is a homer, but as an overall entity...I am sure Bama makes them the most money, they love us. Verne and Gary have to try, as analysts, to "even things out" on the field as much as possible. Since we are always the favorites, they are more critical of us....and when underdogs do well, they praise them a ton. That keeps the excitement level in the game up, and keeps the talking heads talking...

    Geez...
    Stop trying to inject logic into this conversation.
    “We have 45 men suited up. They're all supposed to be ready to play.”

    -Bill Belichick

  11. #36
    BamaNation Hall of Fame Chukker Veteran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Posts
    5,408
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

    Re: To david pollack, cbs, espn, verne & gary and to all that was biased toward bama

    I general, if I think a tv guy is kinda pulling against us, it's almost a bonus to hear the frustration grow as Bama wins the game.

    I don't care which way they pull most of the time. Gary & Verne don't bother me, I generally am ok with their commentary.

  12. #37
    BamaNation All-SEC
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,129

    Re: To david pollack, cbs, espn, verne & gary and to all that was biased toward bama

    Overall, I felt like they did not do very well calling the game. Verne has NO business calling play-by-play at this point - he can't keep up. I do feel that they had a preference for UGA to win, and it leaked through. That said, I agree it's not for an open dislike for UA that others see, but rather Bama-fatigue. (DocCrimson thanked for CromSonami's post) I was angry about their incessant harping about Dial's block, but mostly because it would have been given up if it had been any player other than a QB. A TE gets blindsided, they might complain that it should have been a flag (fair enough), but then would never have mentioned it again. Anyway, it was a heck of a game, with some home-cooking (largely in extra 1/2 yard ball-spots and missed after-the-play shenanigans), some mediocre announcing, and two real-deal programs duking it out for a spot in the BCSNG.

  13. #38
    BamaNation Hall of Fame GrayTide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Greenbow, Alabama
    Posts
    9,132

    Re: To david pollack, cbs, espn, verne & gary and to all that was biased toward bama

    Quote Originally Posted by Ldlane View Post
    Why should anyone of us even care? If you think that there is a "black helicopters" conspiracy against us, then you are always going to be insecure about being a Bamafan. If you think that the "Media" is just the "Media" and you understand that 1) Media and Journalism throughout history have never been "unbiased", 2). Historically US Media puts you on a pedestal and then knocks you down. then you can look the other way. Be a secure Bamafan and you will live a long stress free life!
    I like this post a lot. I like Gary and Verne even though they sometimes get confused and can be too wordy. As someone said it is about opinions, you have one, I have one and they have one, we don't always agree, that is life.
    "My momma always said you got to put the past behind you before you can move on." Forrest Gump

    "The past is never dead. It's not even past." William Faulkner

  14. #39
    BamaNation All-American Matt0424's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Sylacauga, AL
    Posts
    2,491

    Re: To david pollack, cbs, espn, verne & gary and to all that was biased toward bama

    Quote Originally Posted by DiamondDust View Post
    Stop trying to inject logic into this conversation.
    You're right...

    I hear the helicopters now!

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
'Gear UP! Get your University of Alabama Crimson Tide National Championship & Football Dynasty Gear!