To david pollack, cbs, espn, verne & gary and to all that were biased against bama !

BamaInMo1

All-American
Oct 27, 2006
Cumming, GA
Re: To david pollack, cbs, espn, verne & gary and to all that was biased toward bama

I'll be honest, I don't really care if the announcers have a bias against us or not. I hear only parts of what they say because I'm really into the game itself and am usually talking to other fans around me. As others here have said prviously, some people's skin is just thinner than others. Some are goint to see a bias against their team no matter what.
Get over it or just turn the sound off.

RammerJammer15

All-American
Sep 9, 2012
Re: To david pollack, cbs, espn, verne & gary and to all that was biased toward bama

I don't care what anybody says, Verne is one of my favorites. Call me crazy, but I'm a young one, growing up, Alabama would be on CBS alot (started watching CFB around 2000). Verne's voice is most recognizable to me, well him Eli Gold, Brad Nessler, and Dave Neal.

BamaSam1

Scout Team
Dec 12, 2011

I have to admit that I was one of the ones that thought they showed bias against us but then I realized that whether they do or not has no impact on the game at all. They don't suit up, our players don't hear it so really there is no harm done. I only wish I had a nickel for every time Verne finds a way to use the name Tebow in his broadcast.

Florida Tom

All-American
Aug 15, 2011
Tampa, FL

Verne was a great sideline reporter for Keith Jackson who everyone knew loved USC Trojans BUT Alabama had him do our 100 year video 20 years ago.

Curt Gowdy, Chris Schinkel & Keith were the very Best.

Yes there is bias, they are human.

It just seems that a lot of them today want to make news rather than report sports. There take is good but like last year they became advocates for a cause.

ESPN started this with the Boaie stuff 5 years ago. Where is ESPN on Bosie today??

When they love you you are doomed.

bamadp

All-SEC
Sep 24, 2006
Sheffield, Al.

I think some Bama fans are to thinned skinned. Gary and Verne aren't biased toward any particular team, their just biased toward a good game. They want a close game that will keep fans tuned in as opposed to that Bama/AU snoozer. If some Bama fans consider Gary and Verne biased...they ain't seen nothing yet. :wink:

BamaDMD

Hall of Fame
Sep 10, 2007
Rainsville Al

This right here. The people always talking about announcer bias against Alabama kill me. Tevo some proof. Put it on Youtube. Or just give it up.

I think some people truly expect Danielson to say: "Now, super handsome McCarron rolls out of the pocket like a gazelle behind the blocking of the finest group of humanitarian offensive linemen to ever lace it up. He sees Cooper, who would hold all Olympic sprint records if he were not too busy developing new quantum physics theories in the off-season. The slack-jawed grossly overmatched Georgia defenders have no chance. AJ releases the ball into the tightest spiral ever thrown, and it lands with military missile precision in Cooper's arms for another TD for the only college football team that is or ever was. If only Coach Bryant, the greatest coach of all time, were here to see this display, but rest assured fans, Saban is the only man on the planet that is worthy to bask in the Crimson glow emanating from the field. Verne, can you just hold me for a second while I soak it in regarding how lucky we are to be in the presence of the Bama nation."
Now you're getting close to what some of us want.:wink::biggrin:

Lil' Harv

BamaNation Citizen
Jan 4, 2007

I am pretty sure that Gary said that he had talked to an official to see if Square would be suspended for the next game because of the hit to Murray. I thought that the officials sucked I dont think they were against us but there was alot of bad calls or no calls against us.I think Gary has Bama Fatigue but Verne is just senile and needs to think about retirement just like Corso.I wish the radio was not ahead of my tv so I could listen to Ely. I just cant listen to the play happening then I see it 4 seconds later.RTR I tried and it messes the game up for me.Roll Tide Roll off to Miami we go.

mikes12

All-American
Nov 10, 2005
Chattanooga, TN

I wouldn't mind them so much if the camera would just stay on the field. Why does CBS hire someone with ADD to keep switching cameras and angles?
The worst is when there's a flag and we don't see the ref. That's what drives me nuts.

gamersfuel

All-American
Jan 20, 2008
Auburn/near a cow pasture

I still dont see the bias against Bama. i even saw the roll tide commercial on ESPN twice this morning. if that is "against Bama" i'd like to see what bias towards Bama looks like.

Lil' Harv

BamaNation Citizen
Jan 4, 2007

Sorry it was Quinton Dial not Square that hit Murray. RTR

fralo4tide

1st Team
Jun 4, 2009
Pensacola, FL

Brando is the one who irks me. I swear he gets plum giddy at the thought of Bama losing.

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL

On the bowl selection show, there was just a very interesting/entertaining exchange between Lou Holtzssssssth and Pollack:

Lou: I think South Carolina is exactly like Alabama. You saw how much trouble Michigan had with Alabama.

Pollack: I agree. They're exactly like Alabama. Minus the dominant offense line. Minus a star quarterback. Minus a playmaker at wide receiver. They're exactly like Alabama.

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama

Yeah Mack, pollack is dominating the show. He also shot down Clemson. I do love Holtz and his little snarky remark of "using big words" on their show that Pollack doesn't watch.

Getting chippy on there. But you can tell Pollack has respect for the SEC teams.

CoastGhost

Suspended
Sep 5, 2009
North Carolina

His "homer-ness" came out again in post game. Chris Fowler said that Alabama gave Georgia several body shots that put them down, and Pollack quickly jumped in and said "they didn't beat them, they just ran out of time"......

-CLINT
That is the truth. We didn't knock them out but we dagum sure beat 'em. I don't think Pollack was denying that, just sticking up for his boyz. I wouldn't think much of him if he didn't.

tide13

BamaNation Citizen
Nov 18, 2002
Birmingham

Good to see some sanity on the board with respect to the "biases" of Verne and Gary. Admittedly Verne has lost a step or two, but he's still better than most of the guys out there now. Is he the best at this point, no. Hard to beat Brad Nessler, and I still say CBS never should've fired Sean McDonough. Raise your hand if you want Brent Musburger... Didn't think so.

As far as Danielson goes, I think he's as good as anyone. He's very bright and very insightful. Blackledge and Herbstreit are as good as any, as well. I'll take any of them. Like Gary or not, I don't see the "bias" label, and get sick of hearing it from our fans on Finebaum's show. Quite frankly, it's embarrassing. I'd like to think our fans have more class than that...

If you do want to look at a national figure who I think has a hard time concealing his true colors, it's Tim Brando. I used to have a great deal of respect for Brando. However, anyone of his stature who takes on Finebaum's callers at the same level to which they sink, need not be taken as seriously as their position suggests. His halftime rant on the Dial--Murray hit was unprofessional, and the reactions of the panel wasn't much better. The last time I played football players were allowed to be hit during play. If I'd thrown that pass, I'd be going after the ball to atone for my mistake, rather than standing in the middle of the field wondering what happened.

We're all fans, we all have our opinions.

TiderMan

All-SEC
Feb 5, 2005
Moody, AL.

One of my favorite things to do is get on the other teams message board during our games with them and most of the time the fans are whining about how the announcers hate them.

I think it's just human nature in all of us to think that.
Yo are so right. We hear what we want to hear. If everyone isn't blowing sunshine up your butt, you think they are biased against you.

bamafaninOhiO

All-American
May 11, 2010
Dayton, Ohio

His "homer-ness" came out again in post game. Chris Fowler said that Alabama gave Georgia several body shots that put them down, and Pollack quickly jumped in and said "they didn't beat them, they just ran out of time"......

-CLINT
He's a Georgia Alum...we'd all be saaying the same thing in the other shoes.

mittman

All-American
Jun 19, 2009

Gary and Verne have done so many Alabama blowouts I think they were just excited that the game was in question. Saban approaching Wooden like status is not exactly something a biased against Alabama pundit would state.

Im_on_dsp

All-SEC
Oct 10, 2007
Canton, GA

I don't know about the "bias" thing, I just don't hear it. You can't compare the CBS, ABC or ESPN broadcasts against Eli Gold. Eli Gold is part of the Alabama Radio Network. Of course he's biased. Just because the other announcers aren't drooling all over Bama doesn't mean they're biased. They are going to say good things about the other team too, they kind of have to. Imagine how boring it would be if all they ever did was talk about how great Bama is.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.