Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    BamaNation Hall of Fame gmart74's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Innocent on TideFans.com

Re: To david pollack, cbs, espn, verne & gary and to all that was biased toward bama

gary and verne suck. it is a fact. expecting them to do anything else other than suck is asking and hoping for too much. it is like me hoping one day my cat doesnt shed.

2. Advertisement
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Happy on TideFans.com

Re: To david pollack, cbs, espn, verne & gary and to all that was biased toward bama

I'll be honest, I don't really care if the announcers have a bias against us or not. I hear only parts of what they say because I'm really into the game itself and am usually talking to other fans around me. As others here have said prviously, some people's skin is just thinner than others. Some are goint to see a bias against their team no matter what.
    Get over it or just turn the sound off.

BamaNation All-SEC RammerJammer15's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Happy on TideFans.com

I don't care what anybody says, Verne is one of my favorites. Call me crazy, but I'm a young one, growing up, Alabama would be on CBS alot (started watching CFB around 2000). Verne's voice is most recognizable to me, well him Eli Gold, Brad Nessler, and Dave Neal.

BamaNation Second Team
    Post Thanks / Like

I have to admit that I was one of the ones that thought they showed bias against us but then I realized that whether they do or not has no impact on the game at all. They don't suit up, our players don't hear it so really there is no harm done. I only wish I had a nickel for every time Verne finds a way to use the name Tebow in his broadcast.

BamaNation All-American Florida Tom's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Verne was a great sideline reporter for Keith Jackson who everyone knew loved USC Trojans BUT Alabama had him do our 100 year video 20 years ago.

Curt Gowdy, Chris Schinkel & Keith were the very Best.

Yes there is bias, they are human.

It just seems that a lot of them today want to make news rather than report sports. There take is good but like last year they became advocates for a cause.

ESPN started this with the Boaie stuff 5 years ago. Where is ESPN on Bosie today??

When they love you you are doomed.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

I think some Bama fans are to thinned skinned. Gary and Verne aren't biased toward any particular team, their just biased toward a good game. They want a close game that will keep fans tuned in as opposed to that Bama/AU snoozer. If some Bama fans consider Gary and Verne biased...they ain't seen nothing yet.
    If anything goes bad, I did it. If anything goes semi-good, we did it. If anything goes really good, then you did it. That's all it takes to get people to win football games for you. - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

BamaNation All-American BamaDMD's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by squib View Post
    This right here. The people always talking about announcer bias against Alabama kill me. Tevo some proof. Put it on Youtube. Or just give it up.

I think some people truly expect Danielson to say: "Now, super handsome McCarron rolls out of the pocket like a gazelle behind the blocking of the finest group of humanitarian offensive linemen to ever lace it up. He sees Cooper, who would hold all Olympic sprint records if he were not too busy developing new quantum physics theories in the off-season. The slack-jawed grossly overmatched Georgia defenders have no chance. AJ releases the ball into the tightest spiral ever thrown, and it lands with military missile precision in Cooper's arms for another TD for the only college football team that is or ever was. If only Coach Bryant, the greatest coach of all time, were here to see this display, but rest assured fans, Saban is the only man on the planet that is worthy to bask in the Crimson glow emanating from the field. Verne, can you just hold me for a second while I soak it in regarding how lucky we are to be in the presence of the Bama nation."
    Now you're getting close to what some of us want.

BamaNation Second Team
    Post Thanks / Like

I am pretty sure that Gary said that he had talked to an official to see if Square would be suspended for the next game because of the hit to Murray. I thought that the officials sucked I dont think they were against us but there was alot of bad calls or no calls against us.I think Gary has Bama Fatigue but Verne is just senile and needs to think about retirement just like Corso.I wish the radio was not ahead of my tv so I could listen to Ely. I just cant listen to the play happening then I see it 4 seconds later.RTR I tried and it messes the game up for me.Roll Tide Roll off to Miami we go.

BamaNation All-American mikes12's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't mind them so much if the camera would just stay on the field. Why does CBS hire someone with ADD to keep switching cameras and angles?
    The worst is when there's a flag and we don't see the ref. That's what drives me nuts.

BamaNation All-American
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

I still dont see the bias against Bama. i even saw the roll tide commercial on ESPN twice this morning. if that is "against Bama" i'd like to see what bias towards Bama looks like.

BamaNation Second Team
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry it was Quinton Dial not Square that hit Murray. RTR

BamaNation First Team fralo4tide's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Brando is the one who irks me. I swear he gets plum giddy at the thought of Bama losing.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

On the bowl selection show, there was just a very interesting/entertaining exchange between Lou Holtzssssssth and Pollack:

Lou: I think South Carolina is exactly like Alabama. You saw how much trouble Michigan had with Alabama.

Pollack: I agree. They're exactly like Alabama. Minus the dominant offense line. Minus a star quarterback. Minus a playmaker at wide receiver. They're exactly like Alabama.
    "I didn't come to Alabama to win 10 games a year and be a contender. I came here to win championships. Conference championships and national championships. I love it here because that's just not what I want, but what this fanbase expects."
    --Alabama Head Football Coach, Nick Saban

“Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on it’s ability to climb a tree, it will spend it’s whole life believing it is stupid.” — Albert Einstein