To david pollack, cbs, espn, verne & gary and to all that were biased against bama !

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
Re: To david pollack, cbs, espn, verne & gary and to all that was biased toward bama

Amen...let's show a little class here, Bama fans. I think Gary and Verne have their faults, but "homering" is not one of them.

Yeah, I went back and watched some of the game. They were fine, I am still glad I listened to Eli during the game. Eli calms you down a bit with him optimism.

With that said, Verne had some great calls of the plays, the cooper touchdown showed his enthusiasm in his voice.

CaliforniaTide

All-American
Aug 9, 2006
Huntsville, AL
Re: To david pollack, cbs, espn, verne & gary and to all that was biased toward bama

My only problem with Verne/Gary is that they won't quit talking sometimes. But I know on national TV, that won't happen with any commentating group. They kept talking about the non-PI call tipped/not-tipped pass over and over, despite that the game had more than moved on from that play in the game.

CapstoneTider

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000

Gary has a red hand print on his face after calling his wife Murray late last night.

bigjue24

Suspended
Dec 2, 2009
Okeechobee, FL

I don't think that they are biased just bad. They constantly mess up names, downs, stats, and who is in the game. I have no sympathy for them. They are paid well. It is not too much to ask to be able to pronounce people's names correctly. They can't look on the field and see who is in the game. Give me a break. They didn't know Brandon Ivory was in the game last night. Gary couldn't read the rushing stat sheet correctly, and I can give you example after example of people's names being butchered. I have no idea who Orlando McCain is. Bama had a LB named Rolando McClain though. They are clowns, but I have to say if I was in entertainment I would hire their agent in a heartbeat. The guy is amazing to get those two goofs money for the job they do. They should be paid in cheese and root beer.

Alajambama

2nd Team
Jul 25, 2012
Fyffe, AL

I don't know if you can call it biased or not, but Gary and Verne sounded like Georgia radio network announcers every single time UGA did something good or Bama did something bad, they got very excited and you could hear it. They DID NOT show the same enthusiasim when Bama did something good. I'm just sayin'.

CrimSonami

All-American
Jul 17, 2011
Ardmore, AL; too close to 10erC

I don't think that they are biased just bad. They constantly mess up names, downs, stats, and who is in the game. I have no sympathy for them. They are paid well. It is not too much to ask to be able to pronounce people's names correctly. They can't look on the field and see who is in the game. Give me a break. They didn't know Brandon Ivory was in the game last night. Gary couldn't read the rushing stat sheet correctly, and I can give you example after example of people's names being butchered. I have no idea who Orlando McCain is. Bama had a LB named Rolando McClain though. They are clowns, but I have to say if I was in entertainment I would hire their agent in a heartbeat. The guy is amazing to get those two goofs money for the job they do. They should be paid in cheese and root beer.
IMO........ They do have biased undertones at times but I think it's primarily due to "BAMA FATIGUE". As well as Gary announced at one point that UGA had a new running back by the name of "TJ Gurley". I know he crossed up Yeldon and Gurley, but still Verne is rubbing off on Gary a bit because he's constantly trying to compensate and/or justify Vern's gaffe's. I do have to admit though its entertaining at times during the blowout games.

And as far as the "LATE HIT" on Aaron Muray......... At the time he was leveled the interception had occurred and at that point was a defensive player. He was making an attempt to get into the running lane of the returner when he was hit. Nothing late about that at all. Was it helmet to helmet? Gotta say it was close but they carried that one a bit too far.

We won. We're in. On to the Irish now.

RTR!!!

CapstoneTider

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000

My only problem was that I felt that Gary was leading with Georgia, like he was trying to coax them along in the earlier parts of the game.

I have noticed that it is much harder to detect any bias on the 2nd viewing, if there is any to begin with. A lot of this is in our heads :)

I do know that Gary is a Gurley's Girlie.

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002

Why should anyone of us even care? If you think that there is a "black helicopters" conspiracy against us, then you are always going to be insecure about being a Bamafan. If you think that the "Media" is just the "Media" and you understand that 1) Media and Journalism throughout history have never been "unbiased", 2). Historically US Media puts you on a pedestal and then knocks you down. then you can look the other way. Be a secure Bamafan and you will live a long stress free life!

scoretide

Suspended
Nov 26, 2010
Boaz, Alabama

MY POINT RIGHT ON TARGET! It is like it broke their heart everytime bama did something right
I don't know if you can call it biased or not, but Gary and Verne sounded like Georgia radio network announcers every single time UGA did something good or Bama did something bad, they got very excited and you could hear it. They DID NOT show the same enthusiasim when Bama did something good. I'm just sayin'.

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA

One of my favorite things to do is get on the other teams message board during our games with them and most of the time the fans are whining about how the announcers hate them.

I think it's just human nature in all of us to think that.
80% of the time this is true. Guilty (raises hand) ... it's just easier to admit after a win than after a loss :-D ... but no one can say team bias doesn't exist among sportscasters.

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al

Anyone who thought they were pro-Georgia last night is wearing overly Crimson colored glasses. I commented, several times to those around me, how unbiased Danielson was being... He praised Alabama a ton last night. Some of his opinions favor Georgia, but they have to..they're HIS opinions. Yeah he said the block on Murray should have been penalized (which 9 out of 10 times it would have, whether it should have been or not), but he made sure to follow that with "Let me make it clear, it would be Alabama's ball regardless...just 15 yards back on starting position".

Some of you just WANT to be hated by the pundits... Pollack was very professional for a Georgia Alumn, and even picked us to win... ESPN HAS to try and make it look like a good match up, which means they need to hype Georgia more then us...that's not a bias, that's hedging their bets since they host the BCSNCG. Is CBS bias? No...now Brando is a homer, but as an overall entity...I am sure Bama makes them the most money, they love us. Verne and Gary have to try, as analysts, to "even things out" on the field as much as possible. Since we are always the favorites, they are more critical of us....and when underdogs do well, they praise them a ton. That keeps the excitement level in the game up, and keeps the talking heads talking...

Geez...

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama

I think Gary and Vern are more for a good game than anything. They like the "underdog" to get something and frankly...Georgia was the underdog coming into the game. So they were excited that it was a good game and Georgia had come to play. They weren't against Bama, just expected us to win the game.

The only reason I didn't listen..is they talk too much and make mistakes during the game. Also, when we were down, I would rather listen to Eli and his high spirits.

Anyone who thought they were pro-Georgia last night is wearing overly Crimson colored glasses. I commented, several times to those around me, how unbiased Danielson was being... He praised Alabama a ton last night. Some of his opinions favor Georgia, but they have to..they're HIS opinions. Yeah he said the block on Murray should have been penalized (which 9 out of 10 times it would have, whether it should have been or not), but he made sure to follow that with "Let me make it clear, it would be Alabama's ball regardless...just 15 yards back on starting position".

Some of you just WANT to be hated by the pundits... Pollack was very professional for a Georgia Alumn, and even picked us to win... ESPN HAS to try and make it look like a good match up, which means they need to hype Georgia more then us...that's not a bias, that's hedging their bets since they host the BCSNCG. Is CBS bias? No...now Brando is a homer, but as an overall entity...I am sure Bama makes them the most money, they love us. Verne and Gary have to try, as analysts, to "even things out" on the field as much as possible. Since we are always the favorites, they are more critical of us....and when underdogs do well, they praise them a ton. That keeps the excitement level in the game up, and keeps the talking heads talking...

Geez...
Stop trying to inject logic into this conversation.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001

I general, if I think a tv guy is kinda pulling against us, it's almost a bonus to hear the frustration grow as Bama wins the game.

I don't care which way they pull most of the time. Gary & Verne don't bother me, I generally am ok with their commentary.

DocCrimson

All-SEC
Jan 3, 2010
East TN

Overall, I felt like they did not do very well calling the game. Verne has NO business calling play-by-play at this point - he can't keep up. I do feel that they had a preference for UGA to win, and it leaked through. That said, I agree it's not for an open dislike for UA that others see, but rather Bama-fatigue. (DocCrimson thanked for CromSonami's post) I was angry about their incessant harping about Dial's block, but mostly because it would have been given up if it had been any player other than a QB. A TE gets blindsided, they might complain that it should have been a flag (fair enough), but then would never have mentioned it again. Anyway, it was a heck of a game, with some home-cooking (largely in extra 1/2 yard ball-spots and missed after-the-play shenanigans), some mediocre announcing, and two real-deal programs duking it out for a spot in the BCSNG.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama

Why should anyone of us even care? If you think that there is a "black helicopters" conspiracy against us, then you are always going to be insecure about being a Bamafan. If you think that the "Media" is just the "Media" and you understand that 1) Media and Journalism throughout history have never been "unbiased", 2). Historically US Media puts you on a pedestal and then knocks you down. then you can look the other way. Be a secure Bamafan and you will live a long stress free life!
I like this post a lot. I like Gary and Verne even though they sometimes get confused and can be too wordy. As someone said it is about opinions, you have one, I have one and they have one, we don't always agree, that is life.

gmart74

Hall of Fame
Oct 9, 2005
Baltimore, Md

gary and verne suck. it is a fact. expecting them to do anything else other than suck is asking and hoping for too much. it is like me hoping one day my cat doesnt shed.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.