To david pollack, cbs, espn, verne & gary and to all that were biased against bama !

scoretide

Suspended
Nov 26, 2010
Boaz, Alabama
To david pollack, cbs, espn, verne & gary and to all that were biased against bama !

ROLL TIDE! We are headed to Miami (LIKE IT OR NOT!!!!)

BamaJeff

Hall of Fame
Oct 12, 1999
Dothan, AL.
Re: To david pollack, cbs, espn, verne & gary and to all that was biased toward bama

I think Pollack actually picked Bama....after acting like a UGA homer earlier in the week.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
To david pollack, cbs, espn, verne & gary and to all that was biased toward bama !

Everyone on Gameday picked Bama.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk, so my post may not be what I typed thanks to auto correct. Also, I may need an emoticon but cannot use one in this post.

CLINT

1st Team
Aug 11, 2010
Central Illinois
Re: To david pollack, cbs, espn, verne & gary and to all that was biased toward bama

I think Pollack actually picked Bama....after acting like a UGA homer earlier in the week.
His "homer-ness" came out again in post game. Chris Fowler said that Alabama gave Georgia several body shots that put them down, and Pollack quickly jumped in and said "they didn't beat them, they just ran out of time"......

-CLINT

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas

It's all the ball's fault: it just had to run into Mosely's fingers.

RollTideMustang

3rd Team
Aug 27, 2011
Killen, Alabama
www.myyearbook.com

His "homer-ness" came out again in post game. Chris Fowler said that Alabama gave Georgia several body shots that put them down, and Pollack quickly jumped in and said "they didn't beat them, they just ran out of time"......

-CLINT
And that is the truth the clock just ran out. It's ignorant to think Alabama won by luck... oh, if Georgia had more time...We'll blame Georgia coach for not spike the ball then...

37bamagreats55

All-American
Apr 1, 2003
Gardendale, AL

Yea, maybe if Alabama has less than a one score lead, we should let the opposing team have an endless clock, much like an untimed Overtime so we can level the playing field. Perhaps we shouldn't call penalties on the opposing team either.

bamagradinATL

All-American
Sep 12, 2006
McKinney, TX

I listened to Bulldogs post game show on the radio after the game, Georgia fans were calling in upset cause Pollack picked Bama and not UGA.

formersoldier71

All-American
May 9, 2004
Jasper, AL

I watched the game with a Missouri fan. After the game, I asked him who he thought Gary and Verne wanted to win. He said they were blatantly pulling for Georgia.

Vinny

Hall of Fame
Sep 27, 2001
Rockaway, NJ
To david pollack, cbs, espn, verne & gary and to all that was biased toward bama !

-CLINT
And if the dog didn't stop to go pee pee, he would have caught the cat. It sounds better in Italian as my grandfather used to say that a lot.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk

hollisx4

1st Team
Aug 29, 2005
Columbiana, AL.

One of my favorite things to do is get on the other teams message board during our games with them and most of the time the fans are whining about how the announcers hate them.

I think it's just human nature in all of us to think that.

FThomas

1st Team
Oct 18, 2011

One of my favorite things to do is get on the other teams message board during our games with them and most of the time the fans are whining about how the announcers hate them.

I think it's just human nature in all of us to think that.
+1; nobody complains more about bias in announcers than SEC college football fans (and frankly I don't think there is a bias; just an oversensitivity from fans). We whine too much about stuff like this and the refs, but I agree I find myself doing it at times. Human nature.

richmond2ttown

BamaNation Citizen
Oct 9, 2007
Richmond, VA

It was a great game...why get bogged down in the weeds worrying about what a specific announcer said or how he said it. We get plenty of compliments from numerous announcers. We sound like spoiled petulant whining kids because we whine and complain about announcers and refs...AFTER a win. If it's that tortuous, then turn off your TV and listen to Eli.

VirginiaTide57

All-American
Jan 19, 2005
Fredericksburg, Virginia

It was a great game...why get bogged down in the weeds worrying about what a specific announcer said or how he said it. We get plenty of compliments from numerous announcers. We sound like spoiled petulant whining kids because we whine and complain about announcers and refs...AFTER a win. If it's that tortuous, then turn off your TV and listen to Eli.
Great plate!

I actually found relief turning off all sound for most of te second half. Very calming.

MasterGracey

BamaNation Citizen
Jul 24, 2011

I'd like to see one concrete example of Gary showing a definitive bias against Bama. Just one.

Him stating an opinion of disagreement with an official's call, or lack thereof, is not a bias. If you want to be told what you WANT to hear, mute the TV and listen to Eli.

The most annoying part of yesterday was sitting in front of a guy who thought every word out of Danielson's mouth was anti-Alabama and made it a point to loudly tell the bar his thoughts.

Thinking announcers/pundits/etc. are biased against your team is the laziest crutch sports fans have.

squib

1st Team
Sep 24, 2005

I'd like to see one concrete example of Gary showing a definitive bias against Bama. Just one.

Him stating an opinion of disagreement with an official's call, or lack thereof, is not a bias. If you want to be told what you WANT to hear, mute the TV and listen to Eli.
This right here. The people always talking about announcer bias against Alabama kill me. Tevo some proof. Put it on Youtube. Or just give it up.

I think some people truly expect Danielson to say: "Now, super handsome McCarron rolls out of the pocket like a gazelle behind the blocking of the finest group of humanitarian offensive linemen to ever lace it up. He sees Cooper, who would hold all Olympic sprint records if he were not too busy developing new quantum physics theories in the off-season. The slack-jawed grossly overmatched Georgia defenders have no chance. AJ releases the ball into the tightest spiral ever thrown, and it lands with military missile precision in Cooper's arms for another TD for the only college football team that is or ever was. If only Coach Bryant, the greatest coach of all time, were here to see this display, but rest assured fans, Saban is the only man on the planet that is worthy to bask in the Crimson glow emanating from the field. Verne, can you just hold me for a second while I soak it in regarding how lucky we are to be in the presence of the Bama nation."

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina

The most annoying part of yesterday was sitting in front of a guy who thought every word out of Danielson's mouth was anti-Alabama and made it a point to loudly tell the bar his thoughts.

Thinking announcers/pundits/etc. are biased against your team is the laziest crutch sports fans have.
Amen...let's show a little class here, Bama fans. I think Gary and Verne have their faults, but "homering" is not one of them.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.