Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Administrator &
    Editor-in-Chief

Article Georgia recap: Tide wins one for the ages to set up another one for the ages

Georgia recap: Tide wins one for the ages to set up another one for the ages
    by Jess Nicholas
    TideFans Editor-In-Chief
    December 2nd, 2012 01:56 AM

If the argument from the purveyors of Big 12 circus football in 2011 against an Alabama-LSU rematch hinged on the complaint that SEC football was boring, those critics will need some new material in the future. . Alabama beat Georgia 32-28 in one of the most [...]

Read More Here
    Last edited by BamaNation; December 2nd, 2012 at 11:55 AM.
    Jess Nicholas
    Editor-In-Chief
    TideFans.com

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation First Team 4thGenBamaGrad's Avatar

Re: Georgia recap: Tide wins one for the ages to set up another one for the ages

Excellent job giving a succinct recap to a very-full 60 minute drama.

There were so many little, "butterfly-effect" plays--such as the Christian Jones punt return you mentioned, or Yeldon's tough-fought 5 yards on 3rd and 5, or Hubbard's 1st down sack--that helped shape the outcome.

We fans need to really dig deep into the minutiae of this game to better appreciate how much this was a team victory.

Roll Tide!
    Last edited by 4thGenBamaGrad; December 2nd, 2012 at 05:47 AM.

"Coach, if you need one yard, I'll get you three yards. If you need five yards, I'll get you three yards."
    Leroy Hoard

Re: Georgia recap: Tide wins one for the ages to set up another one for the ages

glad to see #31 johnson getting props, he was a blocking machine last night. i saw him manhandle #29 (jarvis jones i think) on several running plays.
    Hail Mary, Full of Grace, Notre Dame in Second Place, with a made up girlfriend

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.

-Bertrand Russell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.

— Thomas Pynchon

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Good recap....especially enjoyed this one-liner:

"....Alabama spent the last quarter and a half force-feeding the Georgia Dome artificial turf to the Bulldogs’ defensive line and linebackers."
    "Bryant can take his'n and beat your'n, and then he can turn around and take your'n and beat his'n." -- Houston Oiler head coach Bum Phillips, a former player under Coach Bryant

BamaNation Hall of Fame Clubfitter's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Great write up. No doubt the Jesse Williams and Brandon Ivory's worth was quantified in last nights game.
    Last edited by Clubfitter; December 2nd, 2012 at 08:12 AM.
    “What happened yesterday is history. What happens tomorrow is a mystery. What we do today makes a difference - the precious present moment.”
    Coach Nick Saban.

BamaNation Second Team
    My Mood
    Daring on TideFans.com

Great write up. Play calling killed us through three quarters. Thank God we adjusted and ran the ball.We would be undefeated if we had done that to A&M.

BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Georgia recap: Tide wins one for the ages to set up another one for the ages

Quote Originally Posted by Clubfitter View Post
    Great write up. No doubt the Jesse Williams and Brandon Ivory's worth was quantified in last nights game.
    I didn't think Ivory was that important starting the season, but boy was I wrong. If it wasn't for him we don't get that 4th down stop in Baton Rouge and it showed for a few minutes how badly we needed those two at nose. Whether for their strength or knowledge of the position we needed both of them, even a gimpy Ivory/Williams was a better option than what we fielded for them.

We had a lot of mistakes but I love how we overcame them. If we learn from these then we are looking at #15!! Roll Tide!
    ROLL TIDE!

BamaNation All-American NationalTitles15's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Great post-game article, as always. Thank you for the unending work you do here, Jess.
    Roll Tide Roll!!!

Great read Jess.

Geno Smith though is a huge difference maker. He played pretty well vs the lesser opponents the past couple of weeks, but he established himself in this game. An actual corner in the slot makes all the difference, and I always felt having a corner the quality of Milliner last season in the slot was the luxury that made our defense amazing last season.

Another underrated thing, was the hurry up offense when they decided to go that route, and I especially appreciated it when they decided to run it while doing it. That's how we can truly exploit Notre Dame

BamaNation All-SEC Perrett4Bama's Avatar
    My Mood
    Happy on TideFans.com

great read as always......
    "In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth." Genesis 1:1

My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Thanks Jess. Excellent read as always. I appreciate your work very much.
    Bamabww

Publisher, TideFans.com &
    Benevolent Dictator
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Biggest play IMHO, was Jesse Wiiliams' stuff on third and short. HUGE play and possibly akin to the Marty Lyons stuff but won't get the Daniel Moore print

My Mood
    Amazed on TideFans.com

Great analysis. I always enjoy reading your articles.

I think the UGA penalties and their undisciplined play had a huge impact on the game. Just think if UGA was as disciplined as Alabama has been under Saban. If Miliner had flopped on that eye-poke as the UGA player had on the kickoff-return fumble rather than retaliating, that call probably goes the other way.
    "If the public are bound to yield obedience to laws to which they cannot give their approbation, they are slaves to those who make such laws and enforce them." - As Candidus in the Boston Gazette, January 20, 1772