Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Re: Georgia fans taking it hard again...

I just wish we hadn't tried the long field goal making this game a nail biter...

See how the uga fans like that response

2. Advertisement
    Suspended
    My Mood
    Festive on TideFans.com

Wonder if Finebaum had more beer poured on him??? lol

BamaNation First Team tidefan26's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

I am just glad we didn't have to see Richt make out with his wife.
    Sic semper tyrannis

Suspended
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Coach Sabans unpopular hunch to go for 2 turned out huge for us. I would not have liked our odds in overtime. Sometimes it's a gut feeling over a rule about chasing points, and the good coaches get it right more often than not. The fake would have worked too if not for letting time run out. That one hurt. But going for 2 was a game changer.

Quote Originally Posted by tidefan26 View Post
    I am just glad we didn't have to see Richt make out with his wife.
    we don't know, but she may have been the one that planted the post-game presser question that seemed to get marky mark so riled up.
    Hail Mary, Full of Grace, Notre Dame in Second Place, with a made up girlfriend

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.

-Bertrand Russell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they dont have to worry about the answers.

Thomas Pynchon

Suspended
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by 92tide View Post
    we don't know, but she may have been the one that planted the post-game presser question that seemed to get marky mark so riled up.
    That was a terrible question. It's a stat and since it included a player made it double inappropriate right after the biggest game of their lives. Probably the A Constipation.

BamaNation All-SEC
    My Mood
    Cheerful on TideFans.com

It was a legit question as to the point that when you get GA media and UGA fans in a discussion (honest discussion) they will tell you that excessive off the field problems and on the field penalties hurt this team greatly. They are being true fans when defending Richt and the team but they do acknowledge the issue. The thing is that normally they do not get hit with the 5 yard penalties, it is the 10 and 15 yarders they constantly get.

BamaNation First Team AgentAntiOrange's Avatar
    My Mood
    Suspicious on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by CapstoneTider View Post
    Georgia is not a historical powerhouse and the gaps between these kind of opportunities is once every 30 years, very similar to Auburn. I felt sorry for Mark Richt after the game, especially after the assanine question about he and Murray being chokers. Talking about a heartless member of the media, what kind of question is that? How is his reply going to help your article? it's a stat. Coach Richt seems to be a little detached and I believe it effects his team, they lack personality and killer instinct.
    I kind of feel like your last sentence answered the question about why that question should be asked. I told friends all week out here (Oklahoma-so I'm the resident SEC expert) that UGA and Richt are somewhat like Texas. Good coach, tons of talent....but soft and they usually can't turn that talent into championships. Richt's teams have always been soft, imo. I don't think Murray is the problem....I think the inability to tough out wins against the best teams has plagued Richt's tenure at UGA. I think "why?" is a valid question.
    Be Good Or Be Gone

Suspended
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by AgentAntiOrange View Post
    I kind of feel like your last sentence answered the question about why that question should be asked. I told friends all week out here (Oklahoma-so I'm the resident SEC expert) that UGA and Richt are somewhat like Texas. Good coach, tons of talent....but soft and they usually can't turn that talent into championships. Richt's teams have always been soft, imo. I don't think Murray is the problem....I think the inability to tough out wins against the best teams has plagued Richt's tenure at UGA. I think "why?" is a valid question.
    It was a loaded question, and a bad time to ask it. But yes, it is a fair question. His reaction is exactly what the reporter wanted, which was not really needed before the players and coaches had time to cool off. Just my opinion.

BamaNation Second Team

Living in ATL and having to put up with their insufferable fans and unapologetically biased media on a daily basis, I can honestly say I have no sympathy AT ALL for uga. Sure I would have preferred winning 45-0, but it's great to see the dawgs completely gutted and demoralized after coming so close.

Just wait a week and the dawg nation (with the full support of the state media) will be blabbering on about how uga is back, richt proved he is an elite coach, how close they were, etc..and they'll talk about winning the SEC and the NC next year, despite losing almost their overrated defense. Then when uga loses 2 or 3 SEC games without their usual cupcake schedule, they'll have plenty of excuses and it won't be richt's fault-he'll get another extension. Should be fun to watch. It must be tough being a uga fan always living in 1980 with championship expectations every year that never quite materialize.

BamaNation All-American theballguy's Avatar
    Behind is in Colorado Springs, heart in Alabama
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Mystical View Post
    They should be proud of their guys. You can honestly say even though they were getting pounded they did not quit. For the most part after the game their fans were really polite to us and in our hotel there are a lot of them walking around saying congratulations and what a great game.
    Totally agree they have nothing to hang their heads about. They are a very emotional bunch over here. Get too high when they win and way too low when they lose.
    I know what it takes to win. If I can sell them on what it takes to win, then we are not going to lose too many football games. - Coach Paul Bryant and I can see Coach Nick Saban agreeing completely.

Quote Originally Posted by CapstoneTider View Post
    That was a terrible question. It's a stat and since it included a player made it double inappropriate right after the biggest game of their lives. Probably the A Constipation.
    ajc is a homer paper for georgia. today they are busy gushing how proud they are of the team for almost winning.
    Hail Mary, Full of Grace, Notre Dame in Second Place, with a made up girlfriend

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.

-Bertrand Russell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they dont have to worry about the answers.

Thomas Pynchon

BamaNation All-American theballguy's Avatar
    Behind is in Colorado Springs, heart in Alabama
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by J4Bama View Post
    I plan on leaving my magnets and flags up all week after the trash talking they've done over here. Unlike them, I will show class and not say anything as I did last week. I had dinner with a friend last night and he pointed out how they've always looked down their noses at the state of Alabama. Take out the city of Atlanta and this state mirrors Alabama. Man, it's going to be a great week over here
    It mirrors it I agree but Alabama is way ahead of them in education. Also, seems like there are a lot more alcoholics here. Most UGA fans I know of can't watch a game without getting obliterated drunk.
    I know what it takes to win. If I can sell them on what it takes to win, then we are not going to lose too many football games. - Coach Paul Bryant and I can see Coach Nick Saban agreeing completely.