Georgia fans taking it hard again...

CapstoneTider

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
I kind of feel like your last sentence answered the question about why that question should be asked. I told friends all week out here (Oklahoma-so I'm the resident SEC expert) that UGA and Richt are somewhat like Texas. Good coach, tons of talent....but soft and they usually can't turn that talent into championships. Richt's teams have always been soft, imo. I don't think Murray is the problem....I think the inability to tough out wins against the best teams has plagued Richt's tenure at UGA. I think "why?" is a valid question.
It was a loaded question, and a bad time to ask it. But yes, it is a fair question. His reaction is exactly what the reporter wanted, which was not really needed before the players and coaches had time to cool off. Just my opinion.

rammerjammer69

Scout Team
Apr 28, 2009
Living in ATL and having to put up with their insufferable fans and unapologetically biased media on a daily basis, I can honestly say I have no sympathy AT ALL for uga. Sure I would have preferred winning 45-0, but it's great to see the dawgs completely gutted and demoralized after coming so close.

Just wait a week and the dawg nation (with the full support of the state media) will be blabbering on about how uga is back, richt proved he is an elite coach, how close they were, etc..and they'll talk about winning the SEC and the NC next year, despite losing almost their overrated defense. Then when uga loses 2 or 3 SEC games without their usual cupcake schedule, they'll have plenty of excuses and it won't be richt's fault-he'll get another extension. Should be fun to watch. It must be tough being a uga fan always living in 1980 with championship expectations every year that never quite materialize.

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA
They should be proud of their guys. You can honestly say even though they were getting pounded they did not quit. For the most part after the game their fans were really polite to us and in our hotel there are a lot of them walking around saying congratulations and what a great game.
Totally agree they have nothing to hang their heads about. They are a very emotional bunch over here. Get too high when they win and way too low when they lose.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
That was a terrible question. It's a stat and since it included a player made it double inappropriate right after the biggest game of their lives. Probably the A Constipation.
ajc is a homer paper for georgia. today they are busy gushing how proud they are of the team for almost winning.

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
I plan on leaving my magnets and flags up all week after the trash talking they've done over here. Unlike them, I will show class and not say anything as I did last week. I had dinner with a friend last night and he pointed out how they've always looked down their noses at the state of Alabama. Take out the city of Atlanta and this state mirrors Alabama. Man, it's going to be a great week over here :)
It mirrors it I agree but Alabama is way ahead of them in education. Also, seems like there are a lot more alcoholics here. Most UGA fans I know of can't watch a game without getting obliterated drunk.

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Coach Sabans unpopular hunch to go for 2 turned out huge for us. I would not have liked our odds in overtime. Sometimes it's a gut feeling over a rule about chasing points, and the good coaches get it right more often than not. The fake would have worked too if not for letting time run out. That one hurt. But going for 2 was a game changer.
I was in total disagreement about that call. However, he may have realized that whoever scored last would win and he wanted his team up by 4. Not sure exactly why he did but hey you know... when they get the call right, they're a genius. Otherwise, we're all over them.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
and ill say i don't feel bad for richt at all. he i paid very well to win games and lead young men. he does neither of those things consistently and never takes responsibility for his team's performance (and this is about more than last night). and he is also not a good in-game coach. he reminds me of shula with more talent at his disposal. i have long thought he is a complete d-bag and last night just cemented that. obviously, this is just mho.

maybe he should spend that last day every year in summer practice working on discipline and toughness instead of doing cannonballs with his team at the swimming pool.

CapstoneTider

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
I was in total disagreement about that call. However, he may have realized that whoever scored last would win and he wanted his team up by 4. Not sure exactly why he did but hey you know... when they get the call right, they're a genius. Otherwise, we're all over them.
I was active here on the game thread and it was universally panned :)

theshow4jsu_13

3rd Team
Apr 13, 2007
Birmingham, AL
www.myspace.com
I plan on leaving my magnets and flags up all week after the trash talking they've done over here. Unlike them, I will show class and not say anything as I did last week. I had dinner with a friend last night and he pointed out how they've always looked down their noses at the state of Alabama. Take out the city of Atlanta and this state mirrors Alabama. Man, it's going to be a great week over here :)

Nothing else needs to be stated.

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu
It's a heartbreaking loss any way you cut it. UGA did plenty to shoot themselves in the foot, though.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
I dunno what game some of y'all were watching, but I didn't see a soft UGA team last night - those boys were bringing it and playing tough all night. What I saw was the country's best OLine show up in the second half and impose their will on the UGS front seven.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
It is the flagship paper in Georgia covering the state's flagship university and columnists do write opinion pieces.
i was pointing out that it probably wasn't the ajc asking the question of richt. they've all been on the "georgia is peaking" bandwagon since the florida game

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.