Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    BamaNation All-SEC
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Re: Georgia fans taking it hard again...

Quote Originally Posted by CapstoneTider View Post
    Coach Sabans unpopular hunch to go for 2 turned out huge for us. I would not have liked our odds in overtime. Sometimes it's a gut feeling over a rule about chasing points, and the good coaches get it right more often than not. The fake would have worked too if not for letting time run out. That one hurt. But going for 2 was a game changer.
    I was in total disagreement about that call. However, he may have realized that whoever scored last would win and he wanted his team up by 4. Not sure exactly why he did but hey you know... when they get the call right, they're a genius. Otherwise, we're all over them.
    “That issue has gone under the bridge, under the next bridge, over the next dam and is gone.”
    -CNS

2. Advertisement
    Suspended
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by 92tide View Post
    ajc is a homer paper for georgia. today they are busy gushing how proud they are of the team for almost winning.
    Yeah they are a liberal lot. Better to lose with blah blah blah....... editorial.

Post Thanks / Like

and ill say i don't feel bad for richt at all. he i paid very well to win games and lead young men. he does neither of those things consistently and never takes responsibility for his team's performance (and this is about more than last night). and he is also not a good in-game coach. he reminds me of shula with more talent at his disposal. i have long thought he is a complete d-bag and last night just cemented that. obviously, this is just mho.

maybe he should spend that last day every year in summer practice working on discipline and toughness instead of doing cannonballs with his team at the swimming pool.
    Hail Mary, Full of Grace, Notre Dame in Second Place, with a made up girlfriend

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.

-Bertrand Russell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.

— Thomas Pynchon

Suspended
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by theballguy View Post
    I was in total disagreement about that call. However, he may have realized that whoever scored last would win and he wanted his team up by 4. Not sure exactly why he did but hey you know... when they get the call right, they're a genius. Otherwise, we're all over them.
    I was active here on the game thread and it was universally panned

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CapstoneTider View Post
    Yeah they are a liberal lot. Better to lose with blah blah blah....... editorial.
    has nothing to do with liberal or conservative. they are homers

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.

-Bertrand Russell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.

— Thomas Pynchon

BamaNation Second Team theshow4jsu_13's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by J4Bama View Post
    I plan on leaving my magnets and flags up all week after the trash talking they've done over here. Unlike them, I will show class and not say anything as I did last week. I had dinner with a friend last night and he pointed out how they've always looked down their noses at the state of Alabama. Take out the city of Atlanta and this state mirrors Alabama. Man, it's going to be a great week over here

Nothing else needs to be stated.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by formersoldier71 View Post
    There's several Georgia fans that I see around here on a daily basis; haven't seen 'em yet today. I hope that when I do see them that the conversation will be civil....
    Be safe out there, brother.
    ---------------------------------------

"In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on."

Robert Frost

Suspended
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

has nothing to do with liberal or conservative. they are homers
    We're not that far apart.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

It's a heartbreaking loss any way you cut it. UGA did plenty to shoot themselves in the foot, though.
    ---------------------------------------

"In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on."

Robert Frost

Post Thanks / Like

ajc is a homer paper for georgia. today they are busy gushing how proud they are of the team for almost winning.
    It is the flagship paper in Georgia covering the state's flagship university and columnists do write opinion pieces.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

I dunno what game some of y'all were watching, but I didn't see a soft UGA team last night - those boys were bringing it and playing tough all night. What I saw was the country's best OLine show up in the second half and impose their will on the UGS front seven.
    DISCLAIMER: I hereby reserve the right to discuss any game on the Alabama schedule I wish, at any time during the season, as I am not a part of the Crimson Tide football program. I am simply a fan who has no impact outside of the money I provide the athletic department via ticket and memorabilia purchases and the energy I can provide when I attend the games. ©2009-2014, crimsonaudio

Lurch Backwater!

BamaNation First Team CrimsonCrusade's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

I've always liked UGA. There is a mutual hatred of the Vols and the Barn between us. The only other SEC teams I pull for are Florida, Georgia, and Vanderbilt.
    "Oderint Dum Metuant. (Let them hate, so long as they fear.)" - Lucius Accicus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tidetwin View Post
    It is the flagship paper in Georgia covering the state's flagship university and columnists do write opinion pieces.
    i was pointing out that it probably wasn't the ajc asking the question of richt. they've all been on the "georgia is peaking" bandwagon since the florida game

-Bertrand Russell

— Thomas Pynchon