Georgia fans taking it hard again...

CapstoneTider

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
.......they've all been on the "georgia is peaking" bandwagon since the florida game
Cecil Hurt is considered a "homer" but is also honest, doesn't make excuses or pat us on the back when we lose. So they're are different types of homer's. IMO the Constitution is well known for being soft. And I stand by my sentiments that they have an overall flavor that's in line with excuse making.

Toddrn

All-American
Nov 29, 2006
Woodstock, Ga
I've said it ever since GA hired CMR, they will not win a NC as long as he is there. I don't think he has the passion to win the big one and it carries over to his teams. RTR

CapstoneTider

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
I've said it ever since GA hired CMR, they will not win a NC as long as he is there. I don't think he has the passion to win the big one and it carries over to his teams. RTR
I don't think it's that as much as he's just detached.

Florida Tom

All-American
Aug 15, 2011
Tampa, FL
I lived there for 5 years in the early 80's. They were unbearable then. Didn't Jawga FANS egg Murry's house after the USCw game?

Respect? Fell for them? Not me, I'm sorry.

It was a Great game & they fought hard but really they are Not what they think they are & there is not much difference in them & API.

RollTide-YNWA

BamaNation Citizen
Oct 27, 2009
Dothan
Living in ATL and having to put up with their insufferable fans and unapologetically biased media on a daily basis, I can honestly say I have no sympathy AT ALL for uga. Sure I would have preferred winning 45-0, but it's great to see the dawgs completely gutted and demoralized after coming so close.

Just wait a week and the dawg nation (with the full support of the state media) will be blabbering on about how uga is back, richt proved he is an elite coach, how close they were, etc..and they'll talk about winning the SEC and the NC next year, despite losing almost their overrated defense. Then when uga loses 2 or 3 SEC games without their usual cupcake schedule, they'll have plenty of excuses and it won't be richt's fault-he'll get another extension. Should be fun to watch. It must be tough being a uga fan always living in 1980 with championship expectations every year that never quite materialize.

I'm not at all given to hyperbole, but I grew up in Georgia and can say with extreme confidence that they are one of the worst fanbases in the SEC. One example: While leaving Home Depot with an Alabama hat on, I had a fan bark at me and holler profanities and tell me what they were going to do to Alabama that season we they faced them. The kicker ... they weren't even on the schedule. Not only are they obnoxious, but they're ignorant as well – a dangerous combination.

RollTide-YNWA

BamaNation Citizen
Oct 27, 2009
Dothan
It was a legit question as to the point that when you get GA media and UGA fans in a discussion (honest discussion) they will tell you that excessive off the field problems and on the field penalties hurt this team greatly. They are being true fans when defending Richt and the team but they do acknowledge the issue. The thing is that normally they do not get hit with the 5 yard penalties, it is the 10 and 15 yarders they constantly get.
It may have already been stated, but I'm pretty sure it was Chuck Oliver, the self-proclaimed "king of college football," who asked the question. He is a former Auburn player and all-around know-it-all who really doesn't know much at all.

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL
Yeah I remember right after the game I was screaming and yelling Roll Tide at the top of my lungs. They were just quiet. IDK if UGA will ever win a NC under CMR.

FitToBeTide

All-American
Aug 19, 2001
St. Florian
Georgia is not a historical powerhouse and the gaps between these kind of opportunities is once every 30 years, very similar to Auburn. I felt sorry for Mark Richt after the game, especially after the assanine question about he and Murray being chokers. Talking about a heartless member of the media, what kind of question is that? How is his reply going to help your article? it's a stat. Coach Richt seems to be a little detached and I believe it effects his team, they lack personality and killer instinct.
Imagine that guy asking Coach Saban the same question if we had lost.....

Florida Tom

All-American
Aug 15, 2011
Tampa, FL
It may have already been stated, but I'm pretty sure it was Chuck Oliver, the self-proclaimed "king of college football," who asked the question. He is a former Auburn player and all-around know-it-all who really doesn't know much at all.
It was Oliver & that he is a Barner should explain the question. He is not getting as much grief as I would expect on twitter.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
I've always liked UGA. There is a mutual hatred of the Vols and the Barn between us. The only other SEC teams I pull for are Florida, Georgia, and Vanderbilt.
Mutual hatred huh? the only mutual hatred is of Alabama. of the 15 or so in our dept. , we have two vols, one barner and the rest dawgs. The only hate they have is of Alabama. Heck, the barner went to the game (free tickets) wearing Georgia gear.

Im_on_dsp

All-SEC
Oct 10, 2007
Canton, GA
He also asked it in a chicken way, saying "some people say" you and Murray are chokers. I liked the way Richt handled it. Dowdle didn't have the guts to stand up to him. I've never liked Dowdle.

Last edited by a moderator:

bamabryan

Hall of Fame
Jan 1, 2006
Alabaster, AL.
Georgia has absolutely nothing to be ashamed of. They played their hearts out and came up a little short. This was a classic game. This will be of little consolation to them because losing hurts.

jcabama

1st Team
Jul 19, 2004
Bonaire GA
Georgia is not a historical powerhouse and the gaps between these kind of opportunities is once every 30 years, very similar to Auburn. I felt sorry for Mark Richt after the game, especially after the assanine question about he and Murray being chokers. Talking about a heartless member of the media, what kind of question is that? How is his reply going to help your article? it's a stat. Coach Richt seems to be a little detached and I believe it effects his team, they lack personality and killer instinct.
Would have been a perfect opportunity for Richt to say what I believe to be true, that he blew it by not having Murray spike the ball and give himself two shots at the endzone with a settled team. Like Richt okay but this wasn't a Murray mistake by any stretch of the imagination. He played a great game.

Last edited:

bradley30

1st Team
Sep 9, 2009
Oxford, AL
Never disliked Dawgs until tonight. I had to work, unfortunately. Work at A Honda Plant in Georgia. Every time the Dawgs made a play, Gained a few yards or made a big hit, They were in my face, pointing barking and taunting.... at work!! I kept telling them it's just one play, act like you have been here before. They wouldn't let up. I finally had to say emphatically that I didn't give a damn about the game( which of course was a lie). they took the fun out of it!!! Worse fans I have ever been around.

I hope they never, ever win anything!!!

PS- stop buying Honda, working way to much!
I remember watching Fox6 coverage after the "blackout" game in Athens in '08 how terrible their fans were acting behind the camera as they walked by. Finebaum was even part of the coverage and one of their fans came up behind him and poured beer on top of his head. I was in shock and couldn't believe what I had just saw and how bad they were carrying on. Even if it was Finebaum, that shows how bad of sports some of them are.

CapstoneTider

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
Would have been a perfect opportunity for Richt to say what I believe to be true, that he blew it by not having Murray spike the ball and give himself two shots at the endzone with a settled team. Like Richt okay but this wasn't a Murray mistake by any stretch of the imagination. He played a great game.
And that's why it was too soon to ask the question, that probably would be his answer an hour+ after the game. It was a loaded question at the perfect time, and I bet the the person who asked got what he wanted.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
I dunno what game some of y'all were watching, but I didn't see a soft UGA team last night - those boys were bringing it and playing tough all night. What I saw was the country's best OLine show up in the second half and impose their will on the UGS front seven.

i have to say that murray and the offense played better and tougher than i expected. their defense played about how i expected, tough early then soft

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Cecil Hurt is considered a "homer" but is also honest, doesn't make excuses or pat us on the back when we lose. So they're are different types of homer's. IMO the Constitution is well known for being soft. And I stand by my sentiments that they have an overall flavor that's in line with excuse making.
i wasn't using homer as a perjorative. some of the ajc folks went into the season a little skeptical on richt, but after florida, they were trying to say he was as good as saban and weren't questioning him at all.

i agree with you on their excuse making. with the teams they have to report on, its about the only way they can be ;)

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
Mark Richt, his staff and the UGA Dawgs have nothing to be ashamed of or make excuses for. CMR is a great coach and UGA is lucky to have him as their HC. Likewise, every member of the UGA team played their hearts out and left it all on the field.
As many of us have said, that game went down to the final play, and it could just as well have been the Tide who were left licking their wounds and commiserating in the loss.
As it is, I feel honored to have watched such a tremendous game played out by two such talented and dedicated teams.

"A game for the ages"? You betcha. RTR

Last edited:

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
I was in total disagreement about that call. However, he may have realized that whoever scored last would win and he wanted his team up by 4. Not sure exactly why he did but hey you know... when they get the call right, they're a genius. Otherwise, we're all over them.
He may very well have been thinking he wanted his team up by 4 ultimately, but I suspect he was simply trying to get Alabama within 3 points of the dawgs.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.