Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    BamaNation Second Team
    My Mood
    Sad on TideFans.com

Re: Georgia fans taking it hard again...

I live here in Atlanta, and they are quiet today!! Thank goodness! RTR!!!

2. Advertisement

Terrific piece by a gifted writer and admitted Georgia fan.

http://www.sportsonearth.com/article/40492770/

Suspended
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by 92tide View Post
    .......they've all been on the "georgia is peaking" bandwagon since the florida game
    Cecil Hurt is considered a "homer" but is also honest, doesn't make excuses or pat us on the back when we lose. So they're are different types of homer's. IMO the Constitution is well known for being soft. And I stand by my sentiments that they have an overall flavor that's in line with excuse making.

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

I've said it ever since GA hired CMR, they will not win a NC as long as he is there. I don't think he has the passion to win the big one and it carries over to his teams. RTR

Suspended
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Toddrn View Post
    I've said it ever since GA hired CMR, they will not win a NC as long as he is there. I don't think he has the passion to win the big one and it carries over to his teams. RTR
    I don't think it's that as much as he's just detached.

BamaNation All-American Florida Tom's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

I lived there for 5 years in the early 80's. They were unbearable then. Didn't Jawga FANS egg Murry's house after the USCw game?

Respect? Fell for them? Not me, I'm sorry.

It was a Great game & they fought hard but really they are Not what they think they are & there is not much difference in them & API.

BamaNation Third Team larrynkaty's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rammerjammer69 View Post
    Living in ATL and having to put up with their insufferable fans and unapologetically biased media on a daily basis, I can honestly say I have no sympathy AT ALL for uga. Sure I would have preferred winning 45-0, but it's great to see the dawgs completely gutted and demoralized after coming so close.

Just wait a week and the dawg nation (with the full support of the state media) will be blabbering on about how uga is back, richt proved he is an elite coach, how close they were, etc..and they'll talk about winning the SEC and the NC next year, despite losing almost their overrated defense. Then when uga loses 2 or 3 SEC games without their usual cupcake schedule, they'll have plenty of excuses and it won't be richt's fault-he'll get another extension. Should be fun to watch. It must be tough being a uga fan always living in 1980 with championship expectations every year that never quite materialize.

I'm not at all given to hyperbole, but I grew up in Georgia and can say with extreme confidence that they are one of the worst fanbases in the SEC. One example: While leaving Home Depot with an Alabama hat on, I had a fan bark at me and holler profanities and tell me what they were going to do to Alabama that season we they faced them. The kicker ... they weren't even on the schedule. Not only are they obnoxious, but they're ignorant as well a dangerous combination.
    "We've had very good teams at Auburn but we're not Alabama."
    - Charles Barkley

BamaNation Third Team larrynkaty's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GreatMarch View Post
    It was a legit question as to the point that when you get GA media and UGA fans in a discussion (honest discussion) they will tell you that excessive off the field problems and on the field penalties hurt this team greatly. They are being true fans when defending Richt and the team but they do acknowledge the issue. The thing is that normally they do not get hit with the 5 yard penalties, it is the 10 and 15 yarders they constantly get.
    It may have already been stated, but I'm pretty sure it was Chuck Oliver, the self-proclaimed "king of college football," who asked the question. He is a former Auburn player and all-around know-it-all who really doesn't know much at all.
    "We've had very good teams at Auburn but we're not Alabama."
    - Charles Barkley

BamaNation Hall of Fame BamaJama17's Avatar
    My Mood
    Happy on TideFans.com

Yeah I remember right after the game I was screaming and yelling Roll Tide at the top of my lungs. They were just quiet. IDK if UGA will ever win a NC under CMR.

BamaNation All-American 1FitToBeTide's Avatar
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by CapstoneTider View Post
    Georgia is not a historical powerhouse and the gaps between these kind of opportunities is once every 30 years, very similar to Auburn. I felt sorry for Mark Richt after the game, especially after the assanine question about he and Murray being chokers. Talking about a heartless member of the media, what kind of question is that? How is his reply going to help your article? it's a stat. Coach Richt seems to be a little detached and I believe it effects his team, they lack personality and killer instinct.
    Imagine that guy asking Coach Saban the same question if we had lost.....

"When you are arguing against Him, you are arguing against the very power that makes you able to argue at all." C.S. Lewis

"Aim at Heaven and you will get Earth thrown in. Aim at Earth and you will get neither." C.S Lewis

BamaNation All-American Florida Tom's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by larrynkaty View Post
    It may have already been stated, but I'm pretty sure it was Chuck Oliver, the self-proclaimed "king of college football," who asked the question. He is a former Auburn player and all-around know-it-all who really doesn't know much at all.
    It was Oliver & that he is a Barner should explain the question. He is not getting as much grief as I would expect on twitter.

Suspended
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by 1FitToBeTide View Post
    Imagine that guy asking Coach Saban the same question if we had lost.....

Great picture lol. They wouldn't, that's why I felt bad for Richt. It was a predatory question imo. Coach Saban is no prey!

My Mood
    Aggressive on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonCrusade View Post
    I've always liked UGA. There is a mutual hatred of the Vols and the Barn between us. The only other SEC teams I pull for are Florida, Georgia, and Vanderbilt.
    Mutual hatred huh? the only mutual hatred is of Alabama. of the 15 or so in our dept. , we have two vols, one barner and the rest dawgs. The only hate they have is of Alabama. Heck, the barner went to the game (free tickets) wearing Georgia gear.
    to 16 and beyond........