Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    BamaNation First Team Im_on_dsp's Avatar

Re: Georgia fans taking it hard again...

Quote Originally Posted by larrynkaty View Post
    It may have already been stated, but I'm pretty sure it was Chuck Oliver, the self-proclaimed "king of college football," who asked the question. He is a former Auburn player and all-around know-it-all who really doesn't know much at all.
    He also asked it in a chicken way, saying "some people say" you and Murray are chokers. I liked the way Richt handled it. Dowdle didn't have the guts to stand up to him. I've never liked Dowdle.
    Last edited by SavannahDare; December 2nd, 2012 at 07:23 PM.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-American bamabryan's Avatar

Georgia has absolutely nothing to be ashamed of. They played their hearts out and came up a little short. This was a classic game. This will be of little consolation to them because losing hurts.

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by CapstoneTider View Post
    Georgia is not a historical powerhouse and the gaps between these kind of opportunities is once every 30 years, very similar to Auburn. I felt sorry for Mark Richt after the game, especially after the assanine question about he and Murray being chokers. Talking about a heartless member of the media, what kind of question is that? How is his reply going to help your article? it's a stat. Coach Richt seems to be a little detached and I believe it effects his team, they lack personality and killer instinct.
    Would have been a perfect opportunity for Richt to say what I believe to be true, that he blew it by not having Murray spike the ball and give himself two shots at the endzone with a settled team. Like Richt okay but this wasn't a Murray mistake by any stretch of the imagination. He played a great game.
    Last edited by jcabama; December 2nd, 2012 at 04:11 PM.

BamaNation First Team

Quote Originally Posted by bamaga View Post
    Never disliked Dawgs until tonight. I had to work, unfortunately. Work at A Honda Plant in Georgia. Every time the Dawgs made a play, Gained a few yards or made a big hit, They were in my face, pointing barking and taunting.... at work!! I kept telling them it's just one play, act like you have been here before. They wouldn't let up. I finally had to say emphatically that I didn't give a damn about the game( which of course was a lie). they took the fun out of it!!! Worse fans I have ever been around.

I hope they never, ever win anything!!!

PS- stop buying Honda, working way to much!
    I remember watching Fox6 coverage after the "blackout" game in Athens in '08 how terrible their fans were acting behind the camera as they walked by. Finebaum was even part of the coverage and one of their fans came up behind him and poured beer on top of his head. I was in shock and couldn't believe what I had just saw and how bad they were carrying on. Even if it was Finebaum, that shows how bad of sports some of them are.

Suspended
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by jcabama View Post
    Would have been a perfect opportunity for Richt to say what I believe to be true, that he blew it by not having Murray spike the ball and give himself two shots at the endzone with a settled team. Like Richt okay but this wasn't a Murray mistake by any stretch of the imagination. He played a great game.
    And that's why it was too soon to ask the question, that probably would be his answer an hour+ after the game. It was a loaded question at the perfect time, and I bet the the person who asked got what he wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonaudio View Post
    I dunno what game some of y'all were watching, but I didn't see a soft UGA team last night - those boys were bringing it and playing tough all night. What I saw was the country's best OLine show up in the second half and impose their will on the UGS front seven.

i have to say that murray and the offense played better and tougher than i expected. their defense played about how i expected, tough early then soft
    Hail Mary, Full of Grace, Notre Dame in Second Place, with a made up girlfriend

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.

-Bertrand Russell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.

— Thomas Pynchon

Quote Originally Posted by CapstoneTider View Post
    Cecil Hurt is considered a "homer" but is also honest, doesn't make excuses or pat us on the back when we lose. So they're are different types of homer's. IMO the Constitution is well known for being soft. And I stand by my sentiments that they have an overall flavor that's in line with excuse making.
    i wasn't using homer as a perjorative. some of the ajc folks went into the season a little skeptical on richt, but after florida, they were trying to say he was as good as saban and weren't questioning him at all.

i agree with you on their excuse making. with the teams they have to report on, its about the only way they can be
    Hail Mary, Full of Grace, Notre Dame in Second Place, with a made up girlfriend

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.

-Bertrand Russell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.

— Thomas Pynchon

BamaNation Hall of Fame
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Mark Richt, his staff and the UGA Dawgs have nothing to be ashamed of or make excuses for. CMR is a great coach and UGA is lucky to have him as their HC. Likewise, every member of the UGA team played their hearts out and left it all on the field.
    As many of us have said, that game went down to the final play, and it could just as well have been the Tide who were left licking their wounds and commiserating in the loss.
    As it is, I feel honored to have watched such a tremendous game played out by two such talented and dedicated teams.

"A game for the ages"? You betcha. RTR
    Last edited by Bama Reb; December 2nd, 2012 at 05:30 PM.

BamaNation Hall of Fame Tide1986's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by theballguy View Post
    I was in total disagreement about that call. However, he may have realized that whoever scored last would win and he wanted his team up by 4. Not sure exactly why he did but hey you know... when they get the call right, they're a genius. Otherwise, we're all over them.
    He may very well have been thinking he wanted his team up by 4 ultimately, but I suspect he was simply trying to get Alabama within 3 points of the dawgs.
    The Concord Blue Devils, 16-Time World Champions: 2014 (99.65), 2012, 2010, 2009, 2007, 2003, 1999, 1997, 1996, 1994, 1986, 1982, 1980, 1979, 1977, & 1976. Enriching the lives of young people through a commitment to youth development and performance excellence.

“The discovery of a wine is of greater moment than the discovery of a constellation. The universe is too full of stars.” ― Benjamin Franklin

Suspended
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by 92tide View Post
    i wasn't using homer as a perjorative. some of the ajc folks went into the season a little skeptical on richt, but after florida, they were trying to say he was as good as saban and weren't questioning him at all.

i agree with you on their excuse making. with the teams they have to report on, its about the only way they can be
    I do dislike bandwagon, exaggerated media. All you can do is fail. Cecil Hurt and the T-Town News tell it like it is. I was born in Atlanta, off of Chamblee Tucker Road and then to Lilburn and finally St. Simons Island before I left for UA.

BamaNation All-American NationalTitles15's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Poor UGA fans. Here's a song to take their minds off of things.

Maybe the wrong song choice to ease their wounds? Oh, well.
    Roll Tide Roll!!!

BamaNation All-SEC
    My Mood
    Cheerful on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by 92tide View Post

My brother in law was the biggest of UGA fans. Could tell you some stories about Heyward Allen and his dealership in Athens.
    But even he would not read the AJC because you could not get an honest opinion on UGA or the rest of the SEC. He used to say that UGA must be ranked number 1 and a power house by reading the AJC. Granted this was the day of Furman Bisher having a major role in articles.

BamaNation All-American Al A Bama's Avatar
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Bama Reb View Post
    Mark Richt, his staff and the UGA Dawgs have nothing to be ashamed of or make excuses for. CMR is a great coach and UGA is lucky to have him as their HC. Likewise, every member of the UGA team played their hearts out and left it all on the field.
    As many of us have said, that game went down to the final play, and it could just as well have been the Tide who were left licking their wounds and commiserating in the loss.
    As it is, I feel honored to have watched such a tremendous game played out by two such talented and dedicated teams.

"A game for the ages"? You betcha. RTR
    Bama Reb,

I agree. I'm sure glad that I'm happy and they are the ones that are sad today, but the shoe could have been on the other foot. After the late 1990 and early to mid 2000's, I was just sick from Dubose, et al. We SUFFERED for several years because of bad decisions by the GOB's. Thank God Mal Moore hired the very BEST!!!!!!!

I do believe in my heart and soul that the BEST team won this "game for the ages".

Richt made some good calls last night, like that 4th down pass from punt formation. He made a few bad ones like at the end of the game. Wasn't Murray motioning to the sidelines, asking if the coaches wanted him to spike the ball? It looked like it to me. He seems to be a heady player.

Coach Saban had a few bad decisions also, but at halftime he made a GREAT one. We gonna run it down their throats. That must have made Mr. Fluker very happy. However, I could not believe some of the incredible runs that were made by Lacey and Yeldon. There was some great blocking, but there was also some great determination in the runs made by both running backs. And Omari Cooper's cathces, especially the last one was just icing on the Crimson Tide cake.

No one is perfect. However, Coach Saban has to be VERY good to be able to accomplish what he has at Alabama and at LSWho.

I hope I never have to live through another coaching change, but if I/we do, we just need to hire the BEST coach in the USA and have all Bama fans contribute to the war chest. Winning never gets old when it comes to the Crimson Tide.

RTR
    "Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, Give me Liberty, or give me Death!" Patrick Henry