Georgia fans taking it hard again...

bamafaninOhiO

All-American
May 11, 2010
Dayton, Ohio
They should be proud of their guys. You can honestly say even though they were getting pounded they did not quit. For the most part after the game their fans were really polite to us and in our hotel there are a lot of them walking around saying congratulations and what a great game.
Like every fan base...theres good and bad ones.

bamafaninOhiO

All-American
May 11, 2010
Dayton, Ohio
ajc is a homer paper for georgia. today they are busy gushing how proud they are of the team for almost winning.
It is the Atlanta Journal Constitution, isnt it?
Of course it will be a pro Georgia paper...and the game I watched showed to heavyweights slugging it out...
in my mind, that was an instant classic....a very tight, back and forth game that went down to the final seconds...

and, the right team won it in the end!
;)

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL
Not a hunch at all. Remember the rolled up paper that was always in coach Bryant's hand on the sideline? It was a list of things to do in what situations. #1 on the list? When down or up by 5 or 12 - go for two.
I thought it was a rolled up newspaper for whupping bad Dawgs. ;)

JohnnyCache

All-SEC
Jan 22, 2002
Carrollton, GA but from Mobile, AL
I have a good friend here in GA who is a Georgia fan and I haven't even been able to kid around with him. He's been offended at everything I've said and I'm not even close to gloating or talking smack. I seriously thought he would handle it better. I think I would but who knows. They do seem to be taking it very, very personal.

Zorak

All-American
Jan 8, 2010
Orlando, FL (Winter Park area)
The two or three I've talked to this morning have been congratulatory and good sports about it, but other than that, my office has been visitor-less today. Caught some grief about it yesterday at church, but nothing more than "Well, you're brave wearing that [Bama] shirt in downtown" (the church is in downtown), talking about key plays, and them wishing us good luck against ND.

CmdrThor

1st Team
Oct 29, 2008
Marietta, GA
Yes I know about the lists that are based on the best percentages of various things and keep many coaches from making statistically unsound decisions. I do not believe Coach Saban went by a scientific list, but the gut.
100% agree. I never remember Saban going for 2 in the third quarter before. But with the way the game was going, it was one of those situations where Coach knew the Dawgs were going to score some more points, and to win we were going to have to take some chances to get the edge. Like going for it on a 4th down instead of kicking an easy FG because you know kicking field goals isn't going to cut it. If we had last year's defense, I think Saban calls for the extra point and wins the game on defense. This game was won primarily by the offensive line, Eddie Lacy, and TJ Yeldon.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I was in Epcot when the game was played - walking around and "watching" the game on my smartphone. I spoke to many fans from both Alabama and Georgia before, during and after the game. Most from both programs were very positive and supportive of both their program and the opposition's.

After the game, I only ran across one GA fan who wasn't happy to talk about the heartbreaking game.

ccc2259

All-American
Oct 29, 2010
Lower Alabama
My boss is a GA fan. Interestingly, he has gone out of his way to congratulate me on every Bama win this year....except this one. I had to bring it up, and he wasn't the least bit ready to talk about it. They are taking it very hard!

CapstoneTider

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
100% agree. I never remember Saban going for 2 in the third quarter before. But with the way the game was going, it was one of those situations where Coach knew the Dawgs were going to score some more points, and to win we were going to have to take some chances to get the edge. Like going for it on a 4th down instead of kicking an easy FG because you know kicking field goals isn't going to cut it. If we had last year's defense, I think Saban calls for the extra point and wins the game on defense. This game was won primarily by the offensive line, Eddie Lacy, and TJ Yeldon.
Gary made a an obvious but good comment when he said that the last team with the ball was probably going to win, and that about happened! Georgia answered just about all night, which is why I find criticizing Murray crazy. And I agree, Coach Saban made it easy on the defense on the last drive having to score a TD. I bet coach Saban wanted no part of OT :)

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL
I've had the congrats on the game UGA fans and the still whining about the hit on Murray UGA fans here at work. The later being to the point of annoying. Doesn't really help that 680 The Fan here is chumming up the water for them calling for the SEC to suspend Dial for the BCSNCG.

Stonewall1959

2nd Team
Oct 5, 2005
Macon, Georgia
Living in ATL and having to put up with their insufferable fans and unapologetically biased media on a daily basis, I can honestly say I have no sympathy AT ALL for uga. Sure I would have preferred winning 45-0, but it's great to see the dawgs completely gutted and demoralized after coming so close.

Just wait a week and the dawg nation (with the full support of the state media) will be blabbering on about how uga is back, richt proved he is an elite coach, how close they were, etc..and they'll talk about winning the SEC and the NC next year, despite losing almost their overrated defense. Then when uga loses 2 or 3 SEC games without their usual cupcake schedule, they'll have plenty of excuses and it won't be richt's fault-he'll get another extension. Should be fun to watch. It must be tough being a uga fan always living in 1980 with championship expectations every year that never quite materialize.
^^^Truth if it was ever spoken. I live just south of Atlanta about 30 miles. Early in the season they all wanted to fire Richt, then they beat Florida and he was the best coach in the country. Leading up to the game Alabama had no chance and that Richt and Grantham were going to own Saban and Kirby. Today? Well, they're wanting to fire Richt again and not one Georgia shirt to be seen anywhere. Will say, though, that the local sports talk radio is giving Bama big props for how well our O line played and the talent of our running backs. LOL. I love it.

Working at home today, but headed into the office tomorrow and will be wearing my Alabama 2011 National Champions shirt. Can't wait to rub it in a little.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.